*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




April 7, 2009

TIOT #13 Spring...New Life!


I can't believe this weekend is Easter! And my baby turns eleven on Good Friday...what a great weekend this will be!
Here's a sweet Easter card, I used another Sweetheart; Catherine with Butterfly! Butterflies always signify new life; a glorious new creation, how appropriate for Easter! This is the theme today for Try It Out Tuesday Challenge #13! I hope you have a chance to play along!
Catherine is colored with Prisma markers, she's cut and popped on an oval of CB'd swiss dots. The papers are K&co, the sentiment is CG, the butterfly is the MS punch with a trail of Kaiser rhinestones! The other day on Susana's Custom Art & Card Design store blog, Follow Your Heart, design teammate Danni did a fabulous tutorial on faux stitching, so I included some on this card! While you're checking out her tutorial, don't forget to enter the Elisabeth Bell blog candy Susana is offering! Yum!
This little sweetie incorporated some addition challenges, The Pink Elephant gave us a recipe: stamps, embossing & punches. One Stop Craft Challenge wanted to see stitching while Secret Crafter Sat challenge wanted to see stripes! The Corrosive Challenge's theme was Easter/Spring also. (I just received my awesome winnings from their #4 challenge! Thank you Janet!)
I think that's it for this post. I did find a few more new challenges (hehe, I love a challenge) but I'll save those for next time, this post is long enough!!! Praying your day is NOT challenging but glorious and joyful! Blessings!

32 comments:

Justine said...

She is adorable, way to go. love how you cut her out and popped her up as well as, the bling for the butterfly trail

Sammi said...

Oooh... this is stunning... LOVE it!!
Love the image and the paper and the colours!!

Sounds like it will be a great weekend of celebrations for you and your family! yay!

Sammi
xx

Heather said...

This is beautiful! I love the string of gems. Great job coloring!!

Susan said...

She's just beautiful and like you said, great minds think alike! I love the softness of your paper and how you popped her up. Don't laugh but I almost did that too! Oh, we're going to have a great month together!

Hugs to you,

Susan

Jane Carroll said...

fabby card

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Donna said...

Ahh this is adorable Maria, I love how you made the butterfly. Enjoy the celebrations this weekend. Donna x

Valems said...

Beautiful card, Maria! I love the image and that pretty butterfly. :)
Thanks for playing
Vanja

Suzanne J Dean said...

So pretty Maria! Love the soft colors & layout! Just beautiful--great job on the challenge!

hugz,
Suzanne

Crystal said...

Lovely card, Maria ! Pretty colors and layout. Found you through The Pink Elephant .

Dawn said...

Gorgeous!! I love the colors! Great stamping too :)

Janet said...

awwwwwwww such a sweet card! thanks for playing again and glad you got your prize!
hugs

Danni said...

Ohhh, your faux stitching looks awesome!! Love this card! So pretty! and you know I love the butterfly!!
Awesome job!

Deb Neerman said...

Soooooooo soft, pretty, and feminine! Love the DP, your coloring, and the LO ... perfection!

Donna said...

Wow Maria, I've lost count of the number of challenges you have covered with this adorable little card, its so pretty and I love what you have done with the gems and also the sentiment, just perfect :) my little Sophie Doodles will be 9 on Easter Monday, looks like it will be celebrations all round this coming weekend, have lots of fun :) Donna x

Anne said...

That's such a pretty image, love the spring colours

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZERS girl!! This is beautiful!! I love the pretty colors and the butterfly is wonderful!! :)

Paula said...

What a great card Maria love the stitching and what great colours you have used. Hope you have have a great weekend. Thankyou for taking part in the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Paula xxxx

Melissa Craig said...

This is so pretty! I like the image.

Thanks for playing along!

Christine Riley said...

So sweet! Love the colors and layout.
Hugs, Christine :)

Susana M said...

Hey Maria,
Love this card the layout and colors and the effect with the sentiment!!! I always like how your cards have meaning behind them :o)
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

Janna said...

Wow! Sounds like you are going to have a very busy week!! I hope your daughter has a nice birthday. This is such a pretty card! I adore this stamp and your beautiful coloring! The embossing and the way the buttefly is placed with its trail is stunning!!!

Smiles,
janna

Carol said...

Beautiful card Maria, thank you for sharing it with us this week...hope your baby has a fab Birthday on Friday :)

Hugs
Carol x

Ann said...

I couldn't help but count the challenges Maria - you were on a real role there. Five I think but maybe more - well done you.

A lovely card yet again - so glad you shared it with us at the Pink Elephant.

Annxxx

Elena said...

Oh, I love this card! So beautiful! Love the butterfly trail and sentiment! Love the colors so much too! Very nice, Maria!

Nikki said...

Just beautiful Maria. Thanks for joining us this week at One Stop Craft Challenge
Nikki x

Robin said...

Pretty card! Tell your baby Happy Birthday from me. My baby turned 10 last Saturday and was born on Easter morning. I can't believe it has been 10 yrs!
Thanks for joining us at TPE this week!

Jennifer (SCS: jennifer-g) said...

Beautiful job Maria! I love your spring colors and that is such a wonderful image for spring. The bling is an awesome touch!

Cheryl Walker said...

very pretty, and I love th ecolors on this!!!!

itsabrt said...

This card is superb, all your details are terrific and that image is darling! BR-T

kareNstampZ said...

What gorgeous colours - I hope your Easter is blessed

Enfys said...

How adorable, I love everything about it. Have a happy Easter.
Hugs
Enfys

tina said...

Indeed, very appropriate for Easter. Happy Easter, Maria.