*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




May 31, 2009

Going Nuts!




Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes ya don't! Does anyone remember that candy bar jiggle for a Mounds bar? Or am I really dating myself???


Well, today I felt like a nut! So I used a Nutshell image from The Nutcrafters! Isn't she the prettiest little thing?! There's a bunch of Nutshells and they're all this cute! You just have to pop over and check it out!


But wait, there's more...a new Nutshell blog! And to celebrate they're offering some fantastic candy! I can see you're drooling now, you want one of these cuties right now, don't you???? Well, they are also having a dt call and being a generous bunch (of nuts) they have created an exclusive image and sketch for you to try out! How cool is that????


I had such fun making this card! After seeing all the layers I went for some coordinating digi papers from Summer Driggs Beautimous collection. The flowers on the blue panel are embossed and smudged with SU! white craft ink. The ultra sparkly flowers are K&co and I colored with Prisma markers. A little sparkle, a little bling and a uber sweet image...perfect!

Hope you are enjoying your weekend! Blessings for peace and much love!!!!


13 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Mounds Bars were my all time favorite way back when. Yummmm!

This is beautiful. I love the pastel colors and I wish you luck on the DT call.

Hugs,

debra said...

Hi Maria
Love the layout and the colours of this card.
Hope you having a fab weekend, it's bliss where i am today.
hugs Debra

BonnieRose said...

Congrats to you on making the FSS DT.. I did too.. I can't wait to get to know you MORE.. hugs, BONNIEROSE in Fargo

jacque4u2c said...

This is totally cute, I love the colors and the placement of everything!

Donna said...

Aww this is so sweet! Your embossing with the gems is beautiful Maria, I'm going to check out the nutty blog lol, thanks for keeping us updated on all the crafty news lol. Donna x

Becky said...

This is so cute, love the colors and layout of this.

maxine said...

Fantastic card, I love the colours and layout.

Elena said...

She is so cute! I love her sweet smile! The layout is so pretty! Love the embossed flowers!

Donna said...

Lovely card Maria, a super cute image and such gorgeous colours you have chosen, really love the layout on this card and the little flowers are so pretty. Its been very warm here in the UK today and supposed to be even hotter tomorrow....no air conditioning other than in the car so looks like I'll be doing a lot of driving tomorrow lol :) Donna x

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

TEEHE!! Yes, I know the "nutty commercial"!! :) My kids look at me like I'm insane when I say that!! LOL!! Your card is very sweet maria and so nicely colored!! :) TFS!

Cindy Malone said...

Cute card Maria,
I "LOVE" Mounds and yes, I to sing that little ditty on occasion. LOL :-)

Joan said...

I remember that jingle!! Sometimes I feel like a nut too! Your card is wonderful.

Scrubbysue said...

Hi joy! isn't she cute!!