*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




May 8, 2009

My First Vacation Card...


and talk about limited supplies!!!
I used Ellie Lash digi papers and a Bee Crafty download! I had sense enough to bring my prismas along and the buttons, flower punch and lace I bought during my crafty shopping trip the other day! The sketch is from the Creative Inspiration challenge and I used a Simon Says recipe: 2 papers, 3 buttons & 1 ribbon! A Spoonful of Sugar had a theme of texture and the OCC & CCEE had a Mother's Day theme! I don't have any sentiment stamps with me and I'm not working off my own laptop so I couldn't quite figure out how to put a CG one on the paper to print. So, this one's for you Mom!! Last year when we were vacationing during mother's day, I sent my mom her card (back to PA) and it was lost in the mail then returned to me...not taking the chance this year. "I'll hand it to you in person when I see you again, Mom!"
I hope everyone had a really great week! I haven't had alot of computer time to stay caught up but I am making my way through google reader, very slowly and trying to answer emails. I so miss my blogland routine! But I'm sure once we get home it will all go back to normal! Miss you!!! May you be blessed with peace and much love!

19 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

So so sweet.

Nilla said...

So soft and lovely card, Maria, love it! Have a great weekend, hugs Nilla

Mephisto said...

Hi,
thats a sweet Card.
Thanks for joining in the SimonSaysChallenge!

Domi

Donna said...

Incredibly pretty card Maria, you haven't lost any of your mojo whilst you are on vacation! If you want to download some freebie gingham papers Chris at Sketching Stamper has some....you can find them on her blog :) http://sketchingstamper.blogspot.com/

Donna x

Donna said...

Adorable card Maria, your Mom will surely love it. Enjoy the rest of your holiday, I'm off to Gibraltar on Thursday for 5 days and I'm getting so excited! I don't think I'll be taking any craft stuff with me though as my sister has already planned our days together lol. Take care. Donna x

Lorraine A said...

Lovely card Maria, fab image :-) I have her too :-) v cute ! Love the papers and the colours you used too.
Your mum will love this !! :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge :-)
Lorraine x x

NatashaMay said...

Very cute.
x Natasha x

jude said...

Cuta card thanks for joining the challenge at creative inspirations glad you enjoyed the sketch .Good Luck!
judex

LOUISE said...

Fab card Maria, love the little flowers with their button centres. Thanks for joining us on Creative Inspirations Challenge, and best of luck. LOuise x

Saskia said...

This card is so sweet and elegant!!

Greetings,
Saskia

Elena said...

Wow! You are so creative, Maria! That is amazing! Love your card so MUCH! Very very cute!!!
Happy Mother's Day to you!

maxine said...

Great card Maria, I love what you have done with the sketch.

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good morning Maria, this is such a beautiful card hunny. Hope you had a great mothers day my friend. Things here have been hectic still, but dad has gone home now, although im worried, it does mean we can get back to some normality. I managed to make just one card over the weekend, im definitely getting withdrawal symptoms! have a good day hunny, hugs Linda x

Iris said...

A very nice and cute card.
Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge.

Iris

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet card.
luv
Debby

Shirley said...

She is adorable and what very pretty flowers and the lace is just so perfect for her too!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

How fun Maria!! Beautiful coloring and that strip of lace is just awesome!! :)

Valems said...

Hi Maria! This is an adorable card! I love the cute image and the lace.
Hugs, Vanja

Queenie said...

Hi Maria
Beautiful card,the colours are lovely and such a lovely image.
Goodluck in the challenge too.
hugs
tracy
xxx