*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




May 22, 2009

A Simple Thank You!


"Because of your generosity, we won't be needing one of these!"
This is a little thank you card for my generous BIL for mowing our lawn while we were on vacation! Do you know...no digi stamp company has a goat? I had to find a pix online to alter! geesh! Anyhow, what do ya think? The card is quite plain, but what do you do without flowers, swirls, buttons or bling? yep, it's a boy card!
Now, I knew I was going to make this card before we even returned home, so, can you imagine my surprise when I checked the RES-Q-Challenge this week and their theme was..."honor a mower person" lol, how fun is that! There were a few other rules, like include green and use your fav tool. Mine is definitely my straight cutter, I don't leave home w/out it! The papers are K&co (big surprise right? I should design for that company!) The sentiment is CG, the jute is through two eyelets. I used my pastel crayons, trying to make the goat hair look dimensional, but...well you can see that didn't work. But I think it turned out nice. I just want BIL to know we really appreciate how he blessed us!
I used the CPS sketch and Dare U2Digi theme, one for the boys! Hope you're enjoying your day and know that you're a blessing!

20 comments:

POPPET said...

He looks fab, brilliant card have a great weekend hugs pops x

Donna said...

LOL Maria this card is brilliant and it carries through your great sense of humour, fantastic, I think your BIL will love it :) hope you have a fab weekend :) Donna x

Becky said...

This guy is just to cute

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

TEEHEE!! This is just darling Maria!! I love your cute image!! ;)

Danni said...

How fun!! You did a great job!

Tami Mayberry said...

Super cute!!!! ;) Thanks for joining us at CPS :)

Jodi said...

I love your coloring of this cute image!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Gem said...

Your card really cracked me up! Love the colors and most of all, the sense of humor!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Maria love that image and do you know I can't say I have seen a goat in a digi stamp either how weird. I read through your post and couldn't help smiling you are a fun person for sure and your BIL will love this.

Hugs
Lorraine x

naturecoastcrafter said...

Brilliant and clever card, Maria. Great job on the challenge. Thanks for playing!

Jill said...

fantastic card Maria and fab sentiment hugs Jill xx

Poppy said...

Such a cute idea for a card to honor your mower, Maria! Thanks for playing.

Sue said...

It's a fab card Maria, perfect for the mower in your life lol :o)
Have a lovely weekend xx

Karen said...

What a fab card and so cute.
Thanks for joining us this week at DU2DS
Karen x

Elena said...

Love this card! The sentiment, papers, twine - perfect card for a man! Your BIL will like it!

simplyfairies said...

I think its fabulous!!!

Thanks for joining us this week at DU2DS

Larissa said...

Great card and so perfect for the occasion!
Thanks for joining us at DU2DS!
Hugs,
Larissa

Nicola said...

Such a fabulous card Maria, I would have loved to see the expression on you B-I-L´s face when he received this beauty.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Michelle said...

Great Card Maria, love your goat, you've managed to make his hair look really textured.
Thanks for coming out to play with us at DU2DS this week.
x Michelle

Justine said...

This is too funny. Love all the colors that you chose for this image