*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




June 2, 2009

DTC#9 Flowers, Flowers...


everywhere! 'Tis the season for flowers...they're blooming everywhere....isn't it magnificent?!
Today we have a new Digital Tuesday Challenge! Our talented Jen provided an awesome sketch to inspire us this week! When I saw the background circles, I thought of flowers, yea, I know they are mostly hidden and actually mine aren't even whole flower, I used scraps shhh! But doesn't this give the illusion of 3 big flowers behind my sweet rainy day squirrel?!
I used oil pastels to color this cutie, I just love coloring squirrels! :) If you're a fellow squirrel lover, be sure to play along with this Digi Tue challenge, Digital Stamp Oasis is sponsoring! That's the home of Sammy & Susie Squirrel (and others!) and the winner of challenge #9 will receive three digis of their choice! Yep! So, you too can color a squirrel! How cool is that?!
Checkout the other DT creations:
These beautiful papers are from Summer Driggs/Summertime Designs; the ribbon matches IRL!!! I used Shimmerz on the pink petals and watery puddle.
These colors were inspired by Colour Create~pink, lemon & chocolate! Simon Says, "use animals," for their challenge and Charisma Cardz wanted to see dots and circles! And I always enjoy following the ladies over @Stamping B's, their theme was flowers! Fun stuff!
I know I'm not getting all my visits in lately, so much 'life' seems to be happening this week! All good! The kids have their homeschool evaluations this week so we need to have all our paperwork, portfolios, and 'stuff' to prove they received an 'education' this past school year! So much documentation for each child, it makes my head spin! I know they were educated and are all brilliant, just ask their teacher!!!! (that would be me!) hehe
Enjoy your Tuesday! And may much love and peace overcome you! Blessings!

23 comments:

Donna said...

Morning Maria, lovely little card, such a sweet image and gorgeous papers and colours you have used. The flowers behind the image are really effective, will have to remember that one :) hope all goes well with the evaulations this week, best make sure teach is on best behaviour lol! Have a great day :) Donna x

Heather said...

Hi Maria,

I am trying to take some time today to leave comments. I do not get the oppertunity as often as I used to, but I wanted you to know I love your cards and projects you do such a good job!!!

I thought I started following you months ago, but just noticed for some reason I am not on your follow list anymore so I added you on or back on!!!

I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!!!

Heather

Nilla said...

Absolute adorable! So sweet image! Hugs Nilla

Heather x said...

Beautiful card Maria :0)
*hugs* Heather x

Heather said...

Maria, this is fabulous!!! Great job!

Alanna said...

What a gorgeous card Maria. Love the paper you used and that squirrel is too cute.

Good luck getting all your ducks in a row for the homeschool evaluations.

Valems said...

Hello Maria! This card is so cute! I love the paper you used and the flowers, the image is simply adorable.
Hugs, Vanja

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Maria :-) The image is gorgeous and you made a fabulous card :-) Love the paper and the flowers too ! Fab :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge :-)
Lorraine x

coldwaters2 said...

Maria this is beautiful what a fab idea for the flowers see this is where I get my inspiration from crafters like you I love it your colours are great.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Jaspere said...

This is adorable. I especially love how you tied your ribbon into a full bow. So sweet.

Ellie said...

This is darling, Maria. Love your coloring. I have never used oil pastels before. Love the look.

Donna said...

Beautiful card Maria, Love your flowers they don't look like scraps at all, my lips are sealed lol. I've been a bit like yourself, finding it difficult keeping up with my blogging, In fact I've not managed to get much crafting done lately, I'm trying to put more time into my Stampin Up workshops, advertising etc. Good luck with the evaluations, Hugs Donna x

Elena said...

So cute! I love the flowers behind the squirrel!
Hope that everything will be all right with all of the paperwork!

Sally said...

Great card. Love your dotty flowers. Thank you for joining our challenge this week at Charisma Cardz.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

How adorable!! This is so so cute!! :) Fun papers and lovely colors!!

Heike said...

Wow, gorgeous card with great colors and Details. The Image is so cute. Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz Challenges.....

Hugs
Heike

Vee said...

Lovely card and image. Fab dotty flowers. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Gry-Heidi said...

Hi Maria :) This is a beautiful card, but guess what I received in my mail today :)
The most lovely birthdaycard, THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!

Big hugs,
Gry-Heidi :)

Danni said...

Such a sweet card! Love it!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is darling Maria!! Love your colors and layout!! Gorgeous coloring!! Love the flowers you created behind the image panel!!

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good evening Maria, i hope you are well hunny and having good weather like us. I love the cards you have made here they are both gorgeous hunny. As you know we have a new member of the family which means i have less time to craft and blog. Will try and visit as regularly as i can though. Have a greatevening hugs Lind ax

Nicola said...

Such a beautiful image and gorgeous colouring Maria - I love your papers and beautiful accents too.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Shirley said...

Now that is just adorable! and pretty too!