*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




June 20, 2009

Extreme Paper Piercing!



Here's something new...for me! Extreme Paper Piercing!

I've seen it on other blogs and ooo'd and ahhh'd over it, so this is my first attempt. I think I could have showcased it a little better. I ran out of room to use a scalloped circle. The paper piercing pattern is digital so it can be resized, however, I really wanted to use this cute little bunny which is an actual rubber stamp, and it couldn't be resized!
Isn't he a cutie....this is one of Anki's Sweethearts from the new Series 2, Fluffy! I just luv him! I've seen him colored in brown, grey, even pink, how cute would that be!
The pp pattern and the flowers are Fred, She Said. The flowers came on a full sheet with varied sizes, this time after I downloaded them, I opened the sheet with Microsoft Paint-a basic program on most computers-then using the cutting tool, 'cut' around four flowers, opened a new screen and clicked paste. Hit the print button and there ya go, just your four flowers print out. How easy it that?!
My sketch today came from The Fresh Batch @ Stamps & Smiles, the color inspiration-Secret Crafter Sat challenge and the sentiment-miss you-taken from the Daring Cardmakers! There had to be bling so I dusted Fluffy's flower with dazzling diamonds and used some chunky diamond dust in the center. The ladies @ Charisma Cardz challenge this week are dazzling in diamonds too!
I hope you all are enjoying your weekend! I salute all the men who can't be with their families for Father's Day and all the men who graciously support their wives in this all consuming hobby we call stamping! May God Bless every single one of them! Blessings!!!

36 comments:

~Michelle~ said...

isn't that piercing fun?! I loved the one I did...and am itching to get another project done with that gorgeous piercing template!

Rose said...

awesome! you sure it is your first time? :D

Becky said...

He is so cute..I love your card and the design is fab.

Nilla said...

Cute, cute, card and the bunny so sweet! Hugs Nilla

Jodi said...

Your paper piecing turned out so pretty! It really gives your card that extra touch. Hope you are having a great weekend!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Elena said...

I think you did an amazing job with paper piercing! This little bunny is so sweet! Love the sparkle on the flower!

Holly said...

Absolutely adorable Maria! I have quite a few templates for ornate piercing and think it's fun to do, but I don't do it very often for some reason! I love the layout on your card and the flowers are really great!

Debby said...

Gorgeous! You my dear have a tremendous amount of patience.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

maria! this is stunning. that image is the cutest and that paper piercing is awesome.

i found a set of mutiple paper piercing items at a garage sale and tried one out on a xmas card last year. yikes! my fingers cramped terribly - old age - but i sure love the way it looks.

this card is gorgeous.

hugs,

Scrubbysue said...

How pretty maria! for a first attempt I think it looks awesome!!

Sara said...

It's gorgeous, and your right, exteme! But it works!

Joan said...

What an absolutely adorable card!!!! And a fantastic job with the paper piercing! Love it.

Jill said...

wow Maria you're paper peircing is fab and it must of taken you ages, it's absolutely perfect well done, love the cute bear hugs Jill xx

Donna said...

Hi Maria, gorgeous little card and such a cute image. Well done on your paper piercing the pattern is so pretty and makes a beautiful frame for your lil bunny. Beautiful pretty card and thanks for continuing to play along with us a SCSC. You asked about the solid blue sky I coloured on one of my images...I used a promarker in pastel blue and just coloured in small circular motions until the area was covered...no special secret I'm afraid lol! Hope you have had a good weekend and that the storms are on their way out...your poor neighbours, I hope they are OK :) Donna x

Paula said...

Hi Maria wow this is super cute i adore the image and such pretty colours and a fab layout.
Paula xxxx

Joan Ervin said...

How pretty...I love that sweet image and what FABULOUS piercing!!! I have one of those thingys but it's just sitting on the counter....thanks for the inspiration!!!

Aud said...

WOW! This is gorgeous!♥

Hugs,
Aud

Cheryl Joshua said...

WOW,this is stunning,such a sweet image and beautiful flowers.....the paper piercing is brilliant!!!
xx

Crayola58 said...

Maria, welcome to the design team of Cutting Cafe. We all have so much fun and I am glad you can join us.
Carole

Deanne said...

that is beautiful and must have taken an age to do, i've added the template to my favs as its so lovely, must give it a go :) x

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Holy cow lady!! I would say that it is definitely extreme!! WOWZER!! How beautiful!!

Valems said...

This is beautiful, Maria! I love the cute image and your paper piercing is fabulous, I must give it a go.

Have a great day
Vanja

Vee said...

Wow!! what a fabulous card Maria I love the paper piercing and you've done it really well. Must have wee go at this sometime. Thanks for joining the fun at Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Kim Y. said...

OMG, Maria! That's a lot of piercing!!! That's fantastic! I love it!

Lythan said...

wow that piercing is amazing Maria. Thanks for playing along with Daring Cardmakers!

Viv said...

Super cute card Maria. Love your piercing!
Thanks for playing along at SAS's The Fresh Batch. Hope to see you again this week.
Viv xx

Vickilyn said...

This is gorgeous!! I love all the paper piercing!!

Thanks for playing with us at Stamps & Smiles this week!!

~Vicki

Debby said...

Just saw the post about the Cutting Cafe design team. Congrats!

Mercy said...

maria...this is so precious! love all the piercing!

thanks so much for playing along with the SAS sketch challenge for last week, and i hope to see you again this week!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Jane Carroll said...

lovely card - so cute

Thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Nicola said...

Absolutely adorable! Love your paper piercing and the beautifully coloured bunny. Excellent creation Maria.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Jennifer Meyer said...

Just gorgeous Maria! LOVE the piercing and amazing detail!!

Thanks for playing along with Stamps and Smiles, Jennifer :)

Cathy said...

Aww Maria that bunny is so cute!!
Thank you for joining in the SCSC this week.
Cathy xx

SueH said...

You’ve done a fab job with the paper piercing Maria; I would never have guessed it was your first try!
I love the colours you’ve used and the image is so cute.

Sue
x

Kathy said...

Pretty card - love those flowers

said...

This is gorgeous, Maria! So intricate! I love that bunny!