*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




June 25, 2009

Fishy, Fishy in the bowl


Did ya all play along with the Squigglefly challenge yet this week??
They have the most adorable digi images and they are soooo affordable! Pop over to the store, grab yourself one and come play along! The challenge, issued Monday by Kim, was to use the 'out of the box' technique! If you're unfamiliar with that one, it just means part of your image will extend out of the circle or square. It's really a fun way to showcase some of your images!
I used this Squigglefly image, Yum! I thought it was hilarious! (I have quite a simple sense of humor!)
Stacey had these great colors for her Jewelry Color Inspiration this week and I really wanted to use them. This delicious sketch is from the Cupcake Crafter challenge and Papertake Weekly wanted to see digi images this time! The ladies over at the Charisma Cardz challenge have some fun going on this week, you'll have to check that one out for yourself! hehe
I used my prismas for coloring. I couldn't find DP in these fun colors so I made my own bg paper with a stamp from an old My Favorite Things set call punny farm. A little ribbon from my stash (matches better IRL) and some of my faux brads! Crystal Effects was applied for the glass bowl! That stuff takes forever to dry....and of course I was impatient and ended up dropping it right on it's shine! duh! I'd like to say I learned my lesson, but I'll do it again I'm sure. :)
Hope you're enjoying your day....hear it's a bit hot in the southern part of the US. We're having a hot, humid, hazy summer day here in PA. My a/c is on and I'm a bit chilled...just the way I like it! lol May laughter and joy overtake you today....Blessings!

*SPECIAL NOTE: Squigglefly will be having a Blog Hop on July 1 & 2 (next Wed & Thur) with some special prizes AND come July, Squigglefly will make a lovely annoucement. [hint: my card is a clue!] If you want to stay on top of the news, you can sign up for the SF newsletter or just stayed tuned right here! :)

25 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Oh this is great Maria lol I love that cats face and crossed eyes. Your colours are fab.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Liza said...

Fabulous creation, the stamp is awesome! Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Look at this darling Kitty!! How sweet is that!! Love your fun fish bowl idea Maria!! :) TFS!! WOOHOO!! Squigglefly partay!!

Meredith said...

Too cute!

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good evening Maria i hope your having a good evening hunny, wow you've made several cards since my last visit and they are all gorgeous. I hope your got my message thanking your for my lovely birthday card, it meant alot - thank you! hugs Linda x

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh maria..... your humor and your cards are just super!

hugs,

The Crafty Den said...

What a super cute card. Love the digi image and the papers are perfect. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

Donna said...

Hi Maria, this is such a fun card and what a fantastic image, love the distressing on the papers and you've done a great job with the CCC sketch, thanks for joining in the fun with us this week :) Donna x

Holly said...

Wow Maria you are an expert at combining challenges! I love your background with meow stamped in different colors! I think your crystal effects still looks great; wouldn't have known you dropped it!

Patti J said...

Fun, fun, fun!!! I love this image and your card is fantastic, adorable, cute, fun, happy....great job my friend!

Scrubbysue said...

Hahahahahaha...how CUTE!!!! I LOVE IT!

Kr├╝mel said...

That image is so cute! And you´ve used it to create a fab card.
Thanks for playing with CCC this week.
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Dawny P said...

Hi Maria. I love this - that image is so sweet, and I love your background paper - clever girl xx The glossy accents looks fab on the fish bowl - a lovely touch :) Thank you for joining us at PTW. Hugs, Dawny xxxx

POPPET said...

Hi honey, this is really cute, and i know that cats do this so it did make me smile,papers are perfect and love the colours you have used..

Thanks for joining us at Cupcake good luck, hugs Pops x x x

Stacey Schafer said...

Too cute! Love that darling image:) Great use of the colors with the other challenges! Thanks for playing the JCI42:)

Elena said...

I love this cat in a fish bowl! Your idea with a Crystal Effects is terrific, Maria!!!

Rose said...

oh i love this stamp and the way you made the bowl pop out!!! too funny :D

Nicola said...

Loving your "out of the box" Maria. This image is adorable and coloured to perfection and your own paper is soo perfect for this little pussy cat.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Emma said...

Fantastic card, I love the image and you have coloured really super.
Emma x

Lora said...

I love this image lol. You have done a great job with it.
Hugs Lora xx

Jen said...

oh my!! how cute is this? Love it!!

Hugs,
Jen

JanJ said...

Great card, such a fun image!

Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week.

Jan x

NatashaMay said...

You know i love cats. :) The card is awesome!

Sally said...

Adorable card. Thanks for joining us at Charisma.

Vee said...

Fabulous card Love the image.Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week.
xx Vee