*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




June 19, 2009

A Flower, A Pocket, A Tag!





Last night I was cutting out Fred She Said flowers, it was very calming!!!
These awesome flowers can be purchased 'pre' colored or in outline form, so you can color them yourself with matching inks. But I wanted to show you another fun way to use the outline flowers. Printing them on DP. Think of all the possibilities!
I was stuck for the perfect flower yesterday, so I popped over to the Fred, She Said store, grabbed these, downloaded and printed them out on this K&co paper. How easy is that?!!! Flowers in every color, every design, oh, my brain gears are 'a turnin'!!! (do I smell smoke??)
So, onto the card...
I used this 'pocketed' sketch from The Next Level that included a removable tag. No problem, Cute Card Thursday wanted to see a tag too. I made my pocket triangle shaped for the All Sorts challenge~triangles. The inspired colors were from the Rosie-Dee's challenge, turquoise & chocolate. Aren't they yummy?! I used SU! colors and some tanish digi paper from Ellie Lash ('piece of her heart' collection) and two different ribbons for the Pile It On challenge! The sentiment is SU! brighter tomorrow set.
I thought this would be a nice card to encourage someone going through a bit of a hardship! So many people today need to know there is hope! And I mean to tell 'em, one card at a time! :0)
Prayers for a delightful weekend, comforted by the fact you are cared about and loved!! Blessings!

23 comments:

Vickilyn said...

I love this!! Might have to check out Fred She Said myself!!

Thanks for playing with us at PILE IT ON!

~Vicki
Co-Onwer

Danni said...

How pretty!!

Rose said...

oh i just love this!! and what a great flower :D

coldwaters2 said...

Maria what a brilliant idea to print the flowers onto backing papers I will try that for sure. They certainly are a blessing these flowers especially when the bought ones seem so expensive these days and to be able to custom design them is an added bonus as you say the possibilities are endless lol. I also love your card and tag this is another fab design and just love that colour combo thank you so much for all this gorgeous inspiration.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Cindy Malone said...

Maria, what a beautiful card! Love, love, love the color and added bling in the center of the flower.

Have a great weekend :-)
Cindy

Becky said...

This is gorgeous, love the flower and the bling.

Deanne said...

thats beautiful maria, i adore that flower :) TFS and joining in with us x

Jill said...

beautiful card Maria, your flower is stunning hugs Jill xx

All Pink girl said...

Beautiful card so elegent ,love the colours and the image
Thank you so much for joining this weeks challenge over at
The Next Level.
Hugs Dawn+Annxxxx

maxine said...

wow Maria this is fantastic and how clever of you to make it to fit so many challenges. I love the flower, I will have to go and check out Fred, she said store, I don't think I have been there. I just love those colours together, they work so well on such a beautiful project. Have a lovely weekend Maxinex

Donna said...

Morning Maria, loving this card the colours are beautiful and the big flowers are soooo pretty, gorgeous swirls they look really choclatey. Hope you have a lovely Saturday :) Donna x

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

maria, maria,, you just keep surprising me. this is absolutely gorgeous! i love it.

hugs,

Debby said...

This is gorgeous! Thanks for the reminder about printing on dp. I love the look and am forever forgetting to do it.

Donna said...

This is so beautiful Maria, your flower is just stunning hun and I love your colour combination. I'm off to check the rest of your cards as its been too long from my last visit, or so it seems lol. I needed my Maria fix! lol. Hugs Donna x

NatashaMay said...

This is simply beautiful. Lovely flower.

True :) said...

Hi Maria!
As a fellow "Fred DT", you KNOW I love your "Fred" flower! You have really done a lovely job on this card. I would never have thought to print them on DP. I guess I will be CASE'ing you! LOL!
Thanks for joining us this week @ "The Next Level"!
Hugs!

stamprgrl said...

Maria,
I just love your flowers, they are so flippin' cute!!!!

Thanks for Playing at Pile It On!

-- dalis DTC for Pile It On!

Elena said...

This flower looks great on the patterned paper!

Scrubbysue said...

Wow...this is really beautiful. I love the bling in the middle and these colors are great together!

Donna said...

Wow Maria, fabulous job on this card, it's great being able to print them out onto DP isn't it. You've done a really marvelous job and I do like the color combo you've used here. And thos swirls are certainly the perfect touch.
hugs
Donna xx

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER!! Maria, this is unbelievably gorgeous hun!! Everything about it is so awesome!! You've done a really fabulous job with this one!! ;) TFS!

~Michelle~ said...

too funny....check out my blog! I printed some FSS flowers on designer paper and layered it on a brown scalloped circle!! I agree....it is very calming to cut these out....and I love blinging them up too! :)

Love your card! :)

Nicola said...

This is so precious Maria. Your flower is beautiful and the punching and swirls long with your ribbon are such gorgeous details.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-