*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




June 9, 2009

Just for Dad!


Today is Try It Out Tuesday over at the Susana's Custom Art and Card Design store blog, Follow Your Heart. I'm so excited to be guest designing again for one of her exclusive lines, Anki's Sweethearts, for the next two months! And even more exciting....there are some brand new Sweethearts making their debut Friday, June 12th!!! We will have sneak peeks starting Wednesday, so stay tuned!
Now onto this little project! Our lovely team leader over at SCACD, Suzanne, challenged us to honor Dad with a card and small gift! So, of course, I thought of food! The kids and I did a little 'dry run' for the photo shoot! I used SU! papers in kraft, pacific point and wild wasabi-ret. (hehe, I stocked up!) And my little Sweetheart is Isac with Skateboard! I just love this image, he's so sweet!! The card sentiment is a sticker and the other two are CG'd. Stars are SU! punches.
Here are the challenges....
TIOT~Oh Dad! card & small gift!
Rosie-Dee's challenge~sketch, use blue & green!
CRAFT challenge~Father's Day, use blue & brown!
Corrosive challenge~All About DAD!
And a new one called Pile It On~non stamped sentiment & combining challenges...which is right up my alley! Fun stuff!
I hope you have a chance to play along today and create a little something for DAD!

Blessings to you all!

31 comments:

mueppi said...

What a lovely card, Maria!
I love this cute image and your colouring!
have a nice day!
Hugs Gisela

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

absolutely fabulous and that sandwich looks yummy!

hugs,

Patti J said...

Very good! You have done a great job on this project! Good work at combining your challenges too. Love the look!

Alanna said...

Great card Maria. Congrats on your guest DT position. And you are truly amazing with how many challenges you are able to get into one project. Great job. Have a fabulous Tuesday.

Holly said...

Such a sweet card Maria. I love the whole photo shoot set up too!

Vickilyn said...

Beautifully done!! I love it!! Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!

Heather said...

Maria, this is just fabulous!!!! Great job! Such a cute gift set!

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Great card Maria!! I love what you did with the sketch!

Thanks for joining us at Rosie-Dee's Challenge Blog this week.

x

Hope Jacare said...

Great fun card - thanks for playing along at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. Best Wishes Claire x

Deanne said...

this is lovely maria :) thank you for joining in with us :) xx

stamprgrl said...

oh Maria, he is darling... and the PJ sandwich is going to be a hit! Men love food, so what better gift than this. I think I might even do something like that w/ some burgers....

Thanks for Playing w/ us at Pile it On! See ya' next week!

-- dalis DTC for Pile It on!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

AWW!! This is just as sweet as can be!! :) I love the fun layout here!! TOO CUTE!!

Suzanne J Dean said...

So cute Maria--Isac is perfect for this! Love the color combo you've used--I love kraft cs & such a great gift set!

hugz,
Suzanne

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

You are the challenge queen Maria!! Great project, and love the colors on this!! So cute!

Julie said...

A lovely card,great sentiment. Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge this week.
Julie x

Janet said...

sooooooooo cute! love it!
hugs

Saskia said...

Maria,

Thanks for sharing this beautiful project with us at CRAFT-challenge!!! Good luck!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

So cute Maria!!! To sweet!! This stamp is perfect and your coloring and design fab!! Love the colors!! Great giftset!!
blessings,
Chris

Danni said...

This is so wonderful!! Great idea, so clever!!

Trimgym said...

Lovely card. thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge this week and good luck!

Love,

Jo.

Donna said...

Yay go Maria, I'm loving the photography today and boy are you making me hungry lol! Fantastic little card and gift, your hubby is going to be so lucky come Father's Day he won;t know what to eat or open first lol! oooh I nearly forgot, congrats on your GD spot for Anki's...you rock!!!!

Ruby said...

What a cute card. I love the sentiment too and the stars just tie it all together so well :o) I

Sara said...

So so cute!

Susana M said...

Hi Maria,
Welcome back to the team!!! What a Fab come back to the TIOT's project. The layout and colors are great :o) Way to work in the challenges!!!
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

kareNstampZ said...

well done Maria - lots of challenges in one - clever you

Katie said...

Your card is wonderful. I love the colors!

Elena said...

So glad that they asked you to stay longer at the DT!!! Your projects are so cute! Really love the stars you added to the card!

Debby said...

I adore this. Love the colors, the layout, the image, the everything!

Martha said...

what fun card, I love it.

Scrubbysue said...

What a sweet card joy. I really need to get started on some father's day cards myself!

Leslie said...

Such a fun card. I love seeing all the different ideas for the "manly" cards. You can never have enough of them in your stash.
Thanks for playing with us at Corrosive Creations Challenge Blog. Hugs, Leslie