*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




June 10, 2009

A Ribbon Frame!



Ok, here is my first attempt at a ribbon frame. A very interesting concept! I wanted to use this FREE image Sammi was offering over @ Crafty Muse and thought the ribbon would go well with a wedding card!
I added some dazzling diamonds to the image and CB'd the white panel, which I then preceded to covered up with the ribbon...smart huh? It actually doesn't look too bad IRL. Not sure if I'll use the ribbon like this again, but it was fun trying something new. I think that was the idea behind The Next Level challenge! Thanks ladies! I also wanted to play in another new challenge I found, Color Chef with the colors, black, white and one other color, perfect! And since this is a digi and I obviously used ribbon, I was able to play along with the lovely ladies @ Dare U 2 Digi. Finally, Ooh La La's challenge was a favorite color combo; pink and black! So, that wraps up this card nicely. Thanks for letting me share my 'outta da box' card. Hey, ya get the good AND the not-so-good when ya visit here! (I paraphased that from another blogger! (thanks Debby) lol
My next post is another Sweetheart sneak peek with candy! Have a blessed day!

22 comments:

Danni said...

Ohh, this is so nice! You did a wonderful job!!

Kim Y. said...

This is beautiful, Maria! I am working on my ribbon frame too. :) Thanks for joining us at Crafty Muse!

Ann said...

love your frame Maria.

ann xxx

Nicola said...

Wow your ribbon frame is gorgeous Maria and such a beautiful accent for this image.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Holly said...

Love this! This is something I'm wanting to try too and just haven't had the time. Yours turned out so nice and makes me want to do it even more! Great image to do this with too!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

girl, you r good. i just love that ribbon frame and have yet to try it. something about it scares me. must be the "chicken" in me!

this is gorgeous.

hugs,

Sandra said...

Love the way you have used the ribbon on your card.It's such a pretty frame. Thanks for joining in with this weeks Dare on Dare you to Digi-Stamp.
Sandra x

All Pink girl said...

Wow Maria your card looks fabulous .beautiful image and colours
Thank you so much for joining this weeks challenge over at
The Next Level.
Hugs Dawn+Annxxxx

Kelly Jo said...

love the ribbon frame, as well as the pink, black and white together. Stunning combination! Thanks for playing!

Deb Neerman said...

Your ribbon-frame came out just wonderful! Very appropriate with the image, too.

Wendi said...

Fabulous card Maria love the ribbon frame I am going to have a go at this myself and the image is lovely
Thank you for joining us at Ooh la la this week
Wendi xx

Claire Brennan said...

Very smart - the wee touch of pink is just perfect!

Donna said...

Beautiful little ribbon frame Maria such a fantastic image too and what a wonderful gift to give to someone....the perfect keepsake. Thanks for joining in the fun this week at Dare U :) Donna x

Elena said...

This card is gorgeous! Love the ribbon frame! So beautiful, Maria!

Sandra said...

Hi Maria...gorgeous card,love the image and the ribbon frame,thanks for joining us this week at DU2DS,
Take care
San x

Sarah C said...

Your frame certainly worked. This looks gorgeous. Thank you for taking up our challenge at Crafty Muse

the funkie junkie said...

Great challenge entry. I'm impressed by how you got your ribbon to lay so flat. It looks terrific!

Abby said...

Fantastic creation! The pink ribbon with the neutral background looks great. Thanks for playing along with us at The Next Level!

Winter said...

So cute! I love the ribbon treatment!

Jill said...

ohh Maria your ribbon frame is gorgeous and perfect for that image, wow so many challenge with one card hugs Jill xx

MANDEE said...

I LOVE THIS UR BLOG ROCKS!

Casi said...

A wonderful idea and a great card!!

LG Kerstin