*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




July 22, 2009

Be Comforted...

Isn't this a comforting verse?! It means I don't have to rely on my own inadequacies to do what I'm called to do. And I find that very comforting! PTL! This card will be sent along to someone who needs a little encouragement in these troubled times!

I was playing around with one of Tracey's new images from Fred, She Said...Dancing Daisies set! The scripture was a freebie Tracey offered a while back. And the card just came together! I love that with all the images included in the FSS set, there are ready-to-print sheets. This particular one had four to a sheet, so I already had my extra images for layering! Easy peasy!

Don't forget, you still have time to enter the FRED, SHE SAID challenge....just grab the lovely FREEbie and play along. The prize is ALL the new releases and a $20 gift certificate!

I based my sketch on Carol's Sketch Fun, though I flipped and rotated. Thanks Carol for letting our creativity take it's course! Papertake Weekly let us choose colors from their list and lilac, green and white just happened to be among them! A Spoonful of Sugar wanted swirls, check! And the lovely ladies @Creative Card Crew wanted polka dots, another check! Finally, TGIF gave us the theme~A piece of Heaven to interpert however we wanted, so I did! Thanks ladies for all the creative inspiration you provide!

I'm working on a few projects today and our church picnic is later this afternoon, not sure what time, I'll have to check on that....we wouldn't want to be late....though they never seem to run out of food! I hope you enjoy your Wednesday! Blessings!

21 comments:

Elena said...

Oh, how beautiful this card! I love the gentle flower! Really love the background you created!

MrsMomma said...

Beautiful!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW!! What a gorgeous card Maria!! I love the elegance with the purple colors!! Fantastic design!! TFS! ;)

Heather said...

Maria, this is absolutely perfect! I love everything about it! Beautiful, beautiful card!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Beautiful card Maria in every way!

coldwaters2 said...

What a beautiful and elegant card Maria that verse is perfect on the card with that daisy it all looks gorgeous.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Tracey Lynn 'Fred' Miller said...

Very lovely, Maria! WTG on the multiple challenge qualifiers! You pulled if off quite nicely ;)

Hugs, Fred

Patti J said...

Beautiful card Maria! I love how soft and elegant those colors are! It is just so SO pretty!

Carol said...

Hi Maria, Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch! Your card is beautiful...the sentiment, the flower and i love how you've 'flipped' & 'rotated'......looks great :)
So many challenges too! Well Done

Hugs
Carol x

Holly said...

Beautiful card Maria. I really like how you've embossed over the flower image and then popped up the flower. Of course I love the colors and am once again amazed at all the challenges you have completed.

Donna said...

Hey Maria, this card is beautiful. The splash of colour is perfect with the white and the flowers and sentiment are so serene :) I hope you enjoyed your picnic today, just as well you are not here in the UK we have had rain again today :( Donna x

Sammi said...

Oh Maria, It's BEAUTIFUL!! I do love that verse too.. you are right - very encouraging!
xxx

Sandy said...

Wow this is simply beautiful.
Wonderful card and great quote.

Thanks Maria for your piece from heaven to TGiF.

Beautiful Grace said...

I didn't see you there last night.

Sharon said...

A truely elegant card Maria. Beautifully laid out with gorgeous elements. Love the dotty ribbon. Thanks for joining the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Sharon xx

Karen said...

Hey Maria..... love the card!! And thanks for the heads up on Fred, She Said challenge! I just posted a card ~ very excited as it is my first digi image challenge!
As always, thanks for all you share!
Karen

Tracey Malnofski said...

This is wonderful! It's my all time favorite verse.

Dawny P said...

Love this Maria, and love your choice of colours. Thanks for joining us at PTW. Hugs, Dawny xxx

aardvarkpest said...

Very elegant. I love the simplicity of this card.

Glenda

Tasha said...

Wow what a beautiful card the colours are stunning and i adore the sentiment
Thank you for joining in the Creative Card Crew challenge
love tasha xx

Charlene said...

Beautiful card, Maria!!