*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




July 18, 2009

A Challenge at Doodle Palace!






















I really need to stop taking my photos at night in artificial light! I present a card to you today that kinda looks like this one! lol Oh well, I had fun making it and it is for a good cause!

The lovely ladies over at the Doodle Palace are having their very first challenge!!!! (Hi Dee & Robin!) How exciting is that?! Now you all remember how nervous you were during your first challenges so hop on over there and leave 'em some love! lol They have the most adorable images, this one is called morning glories...it's a dream to color! I was even thinking how fun it would be to paper piece this lovely flower! So many ideas so little time! eek!

This is a get well card so I wanted the colors to be vivid and happy. I'm not sure morning glories come in hot pink but it was necessary this time. :) I used my prisma markers. Part of the challenge was to use the Doodle Palace blog colors...green, pink, gold, black and I saw some dk pink....wasn't sure how I was going to fit in the dk pink (though I'm sure the Ladies would have been forgiving!) So I pulled out my ultra shimmery Pearl Ex and 'glam-ed up' the center of the flowers! I used a little swirl stamp to make a frame around the flower panel and CB'd the bottom panel and the edge around my inside sentiment.




I used the Monday Lunchtime Sketch. The Cuttlebug Spot wanted us to decorate the inside of our cards. The challenge over at Stampin' for the Weekend was a song title, so I used Seasons in the Sun! Remember that one????? We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun...doesn't that just fit my card, if not it surely fits me!!! lol
I hope you enjoyed this fun one!

Now for the WINNER of THE CUTTING CAFE butterfly downloads............




Michelle from Inspiration Blooms!

Woohoo, congratulations Michelle!!!!
Contact me and I will have The Cutting Cafe
send you your gorgeous
Social Butterfly file
and
Clear Butterfly background!


Praying you all have a lovely weekend filled with peace, joy and much love! Blessings!

25 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW!! So beautiful Maria!! Gorgeous coloring and wonderful details!! Enjoy your weekend hun!! HUGS

Heather x said...

Beautiful cards Maria! Love the colours they are very bright...but oh no, I have that song going around my head now!!! LOL
*hugs* Heather x

coldwaters2 said...

Maria this is gorgeous I love the image and the twirly bits around the edge you have done a fab job with this one.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Elena said...

You really did an amazing job with this challenge, Maria! I love the colors and very beautiful flowers!

Holly said...

So pretty maria! I love the doodle frame and your coloring is great!

crafty amy said...

Oh wow this is beautiful That image is gorgeous and you have coloured it so perfectly. I also like the way you have followed the design through to the inside of the card.
Thank you for joining us ata stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

X Amy X

Nancy said...

WOW This card is gorgeous:O) Love the image, wonderful colouring. The ribbon is brilliant. Lovely Design papers, the card is lovely on the inside too:O)
Thank you for joining SFTW this week. Good luck!
Nancy;O)

Sammi said...

oooh... It looks gorgeous Maria! Love your colouring of those flowers :)
Hope you are having a lovely weekend!
Sammi
xx

Sheila said...

Hi Maria.
I love your Morning Glories, they are gorgeous!, great dp's too.
Thanks for joining us this week on SFTW, & good luck!!.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Tenia Nelson said...

Very pretty card!! tfs!!

~Michelle~ said...

I love your coloring and the ribbon treatment...gorgeous!

THANK YOU...I'm so excited to have won those lovely images! You made my day!! :)

Jen said...

Maria, love his card, and the colors you've used! Very pretty!!

Hugs,
Jen

Donna said...

Fabulous summer card Maria, love how you've colored the Morning glories and the swirls around the edges. the colors of pink, yellow and green look so good together and the gingham ribbon ties it all so nicely together.
Thank you for participating in the "Stampin' for the Weekend" challenge again this week.. Good luck and we hope you'll continue to join in on the challenges on a weekly basis. Have a great day.
Donna xx

Valems said...

Hi Maria! This is a beautiful get well card! I love the colour combo and the gorgeous image. The ribbon is fabulous. I love the swirls on the inside and embossing.
Thank you for joining us at SFTW and good luck! We hope you'll join us again next week. :)
Vanja

Rina said...

great color theme on this card. very pretty, Maria.

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Maria, the image is beautiful and perfectly coloured nad I loe the swirl border you have used aruond the edges :) perfect sentiment too and a great idea to use it over the embossed cection, very nice indeed :) Donna x

maxine said...

wow this is fantastic Maria, lovely work. I hope you have had a good week. Maxine x

Scrubbysue said...

What a beautiful card! fantastic coloring! Hope your having a fun wknd maria. :)

CraftyC said...

Your card is so pretty Maria. I love the flower and the pink and green are a gorgeous colour combo. Thanks for taking part in this weeks SFTW
Clairex

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Maria :-) I loove this image and the colours and papers you used are perfect !! :-)

Lorraine x x

MJ said...

How pretty. I love the colors and you did a fabulous job coloring. Beautifully done. Thanks so much for playing along.

Doodle Palace said...

Awesome Maria! Such a beautiful card! Thanks SO much for playing along! =)
Dee and Robin

Lisa B said...

Beautiful card! I took your advice and went on over to Doodle Palace "to show them some love". I love their blog colors and design...I even did a card for their challenge!
Thanks
Lisa

Vicki said...

This is beautiful Maria, your colouring of the image is fabulous and the pretty gingham ribbon finishes your card off a treat. Thank you for taking part with this weeks challenge over at SFTW, good luck xx vicki xx

Kimmi said...

Hello Maria.
Fabulous card, and I've not seen this one of Freds before! Beautiful colours and I love the ribbon!

Thank you for joining us this week at "Stampin' for the Weekend" and showcasing more of Fred's works!

Kimmi