*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




July 28, 2009

Clean & Simple

Yay, it's Tuesday and time for The Digital Tuesday Challenge! This week our lovely hostess is Anjou and she has chosen, Clean & Simple, for the theme! I love clean & simple cards, so this was quite easy for me!


I used one of The Cutting Cafe's printable stamps from the Social Butterfly set! I resized it and positioned it, printing once on my white cs then the leaves a second time on the green DP from MME. A little snipping and gluing and I have this lovely image! I used a MS doily punch and some lustrous black ribbon and the card was done. I almost felt like it didn't take enough time, so I altered the envie a bit!


Dustin Pike is our sponsor this week, with 3 images going to the winner!
I hope you have a chance to play along with us! Remember you can use any digi image and follow the theme, Clean & Simple! Check out my fellow teamies for more inspiration!



Here are the challenges for this card...
Digitial Tuesday Challenge~make a clean/simple card using a digi.
Stamp Something~bugs, butterflies or other winged somethings.
Kaboodle Doodles~use a digi image.
TGIF~use words.
SCS/CAS25~sketch.
The Crafty Pad~something new. My black ribbon is my newest stash...can you believe my hubby picked it out. After receiving a 'frantic' call from me, "help! I need black ribbon!" He stopped at a craft store on his way home from the city and chose this one! He's sooooo awesome!

Ok, I think that's it today....this being my second post and all. Time for the bon bons and the putting up of feet! lol Actually I have a turkey to put in the oven, can you say feast??? Yea, I know it's in the middle of summer, but I have the air conditioner blowing full force and it's cold in here.....a turkey feast is quite fitting! Maybe I'll even feel like making a Christmas card????
Blessings to you all!

35 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh maria is this ever gorgeous. those colors are super.

turkey eh? what time is dinner???? LOL!

hugs,

raindropecho said...

This is just gorgeous! Absolute genius with the positioning and I love that green. Wonderful job. Thanks for joining us again this week and hope you keep coming back!
- Ann @ Kaboodle Doodles

Danni said...

Beautiful...so elegant...love it!

Willy said...

Beautiful card, Maria!

bubblegum said...

Hi Maria - thank you for joining in with the Craft Pad Challenge - your card is gorgeous - very striking. :)

xxDebbie The Crafty Pad

Patti J said...

Maria, this is GORGEOUS! I love your colors! Thanks for sharing...

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW!! This is stunning!! The colors, the pretty ribbon and all!! Lovely CAS card!! ;)

EverydayMe said...

what a great card... I just love the simplicity of it... it's really beautiful!

Angie said...

Beautiful!!!
Gorgeous card,
Thank you for joining us at Kaboodles this challenge,
Hugs
Angie
DT Kaboodles

Regina Easter said...

this is so stunning...beautiful....hugs

mudmaven said...

This is just stunning Maria! Thanks so much for playing in our Kaboodle Doodle challenge this round. ~chris

Donna said...

Wow Maria, this is soooo gorgeous hun! I love the clean and simple look, your boarder is beautiful. Enjoy your Turkey dinner hope it turns out better than my dinner did lol, thought I would try something different 'Honey and mustard chicken pasta' YUK, I think I've poisoned the kids, never again. Donna x

Linda said...

A beautiful image and a gorgeous sweet and simple card - very effective and great colours used.

Thanks for taking part in the Kaboodle challenge

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Maria this is just so beautiful...clean and simple yes but also very classy and elegant I love it. (did you get my e-mail?)

Hugs
Lorraine x

Sandy said...

Wow this is simply beautiful.
Love the design.

Thanks Maria for your words to TGiF.

Donna said...

Oh wow Maria, this card is something else, its absolutely beautiful and less is definitely more on this card, love the colour combo and the image is sooooo pretty. Hope yuo enjoyed you turkey in July lol! :) Donna x

Sandra said...

Hi Maria...love the fresh clean lines to this card....so classy and elegant!must go check out the cutting cafe..love that image.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today and for your kind comments,
Take care
San x

rozzy said...

Beautiful card> i love the simplicity of it and the colours are so elegant. good ol' hubby for picking the ribbon for you :)
thank you so much for joining us this week over at the crafty Pad, good luck
hugs rozzy xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Maria!! This is clean simple and oh so elegant and beautiful!! Love your design!!

Emma said...

Hi Maria
Such a gorgeous card and so elegant.
Emma x

Holly said...

Maria, this is so pretty! I love how simple cards can look so elegant. The green is such a beautiful shade!

Anjou Krelovich said...

Just stunning Maria! So elegant -- a perfect CAS card! hugs, Anjou

Jodi said...

Very pretty color combo and layout!! Love it!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Denise Clark said...

Your card is just gorgeous! I love the simplicity and the green with the black is precious! I love the black butterflies! Gorgeous!

I often wonder why I don't roast a turkey more than just at Thanksgiving. My family loves turkey. Hmmm....maybe I'll put it on my grocery list.

Crystal said...

This is so pretty, this is one of my favorite color combos!!! Beautiful work!

Elena said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the green with black, they look wonderful together!

maxine said...

Hi Maria, I hope you are having a lovely week. Your card is beautiful, so elegant. I love the colours and the image, thanks for joining us this week and good luck.

Erin... said...

so pretty! thanks for joining us at stamp something!

Ellie said...

This is just gorgeous. I love the simplicity. And such a great way to showcase that beautiful border punch!

Joan Ervin said...

This is gorgeous, Maria...I love the colors, stamped images, and the scalloped layer at the top...sooo elegant!!!!!

Beautiful Grace said...

Hey Sweetheart, I really like this card!

Debby said...

Gorgeous set. Very elegant.

NatashaMay said...

Your simple and elegant cards are my favorite. Truely fabulous!

Scrubbysue said...

This is absolutely beautiful maria!

Karen R said...

Maria this is stunning in it's simplicity