*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




July 21, 2009

Elisabeth Bell Stamps for SCACD

Is this not one of the sweetest images? Oh, how this reminds me of a time not so long ago, when my daughter dressed up like Laura/Little House on the Prairie with her flowered bonnet and sat outside playing! These new stamps from Elisabeth Bell definitely touch the heart!

Well, today being Tuesday, it's time to have a little fun with the girls at Susana's Custom Art and Card Design. Suzanne Dean our lovely team leader has challenged us to make a thank you card. One of my favorite type of cards to make! When I don't have an obvious reason to thank someone for....gifts, dinner, favors....it makes me think about the people that bless my life everyday or in 'unsung' ways, they deserve to receive a 'smile' in the mail to make their day!

So for this weeks Try It Out Tuesday challenge at Follow Your Heart, I have made a simple card using Elisabeth Bell's lovely Dolly. I used pastels in just a few colors. The yellow dp is digi paper, the flower is from Fred, She Said.. This ribbon, that matches the paper exactly IRL is from American Crafts and the sentiment is from SU! a retired hostess set.

Now, it might look as though I used a large rectangle scallop nestie, but let's look again. It's really two square nesties overlaped. Go ahead look again, you can even click on the pix to get a close up look and you won't see any little overlap lines! Just one way I like to save money so I can purchase more stuff! lol And speaking of new purchases...Susana just received the new Smooch colors....her store is so full of fun stuff! Of course the newest Basic Grey's are there along with the matching buttons and brads! I love when everything coordinates!

If you'd like to play along with the TIOT challenge, click HERE!
If you want to take a peek at all the affordable goodies at Susana's store, click HERE!

A few other challenges for this card...
Sketch & Stash~the sketch, the stash would be the brand new EB stamp Dolly!
Color Chef~yellow, pink & white.
Banana Split Sunday~Reduce, Reuse, Recycle-I reduced the need for more nesties!
CCEE~Summer fun, Dolly is having a fun time with her doll on a fine summer day! lol

I hope you're having a fun stamping day today...praying much joy over you! Blessings!

30 comments:

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good morning Maria, what a lovely card hunny, im waiting for my stamps to arrive, i can't wait, i love the image youve used here and you've coloured it so perfectly. Thank you for sharing your lovely work, hugs Linda x

Aud said...

She's so cute with her lil' doll! Your card is wonderful!♥

Hugs,
Aud

Vicky (Angeldrummer) said...

These are such wonderful stamps I am going to have to look at the exchange rate and shipping and customs and exercise costs as I need them - a lovely card beautifully coloured xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Maria I do so agree she is so sweet I just adore this card the colours are fabulous but that image is totally delicious. I used to love watching Little House On The Prairie maybe the re runs will be back on sometime.

Hugs
Lorraine x

TERIBERI said...

aaawwww isn't she so cute!!! I love your card Maria!! Hugs, T

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

way too adorable. my granddaughter loves having tea parties with grammy and grampy!

hugs,

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Maria! Love the pink and your coloring. So cute and beautiful!!

Holly said...

Such a cute card Maria. I do the same thing with my nesties; it's a great money saver!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

This is just precious hun!! Love the fun layout and pretty coloring!! HUGS

Cindy Haffner said...

So sweet and adorable!!!

Jeanette - said...

Very sweet card! Great way to reduce :) Thanks for playing along with the 2RedBananas bunch!

Teresa said...

cute card and very clever reduction. Thanks for playing with the bananas.

Donna said...

Hey Maria, this is just the prettiest card and your image has been beautifully coloured, such pretty papers too :) Donna x

CraftyC said...

This is beautiful Maria, a lovely scene
Clairex

Danni said...

Such a precious card. Love the soft colors, and so clever to overlap the square nesties! Very wonderful job!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very pretty card!! tfs!!

Wendy said...

Very sweet card. Love the image and how you've colored it. Thanks for playing in 2RB's challenge.

Patti J said...

What a precious card! Your coloring is just beautiful, Maria!!!

Anki said...

Maria - it's just gorgeous! Love the soft look that you've created for her. Kram - Anki

Heather said...

This is totally adorable! Great job!

Deb Neerman said...

Sooooooooo adorable!! GREAT card, Maria!

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Sweet!!! Love how you "reduced the need for more nesties"! What a great idea!

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Maria - love the image and you have coloured it beautifully.
Thank you for joining in the Sketch and Stash this week.
Cathy xx

Elena said...

She is the sweetest little girl! And the card is so precious! Love the flower you added, Maria!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

This is so sweet and cute! I loved that show Little House on the Prairie. Thanks for playing in the CCEE challenge!

Becky said...

Aww, it really is the sweetest image Maria! Gorgeous use of the sketch too!
Thanks so much for joining us once again at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx

Crafty Jenn said...

Cute! I like the flower and the yellow background paper. Great job!

Stop by for my Bloggaversary BLOG CANDY!

Jennifer {jennifer-g} said...

Just beautiful!! Love your color choices for this one!

Kelly Jo said...

fun card! And way to be creative on putting two squares together- I am going to have to try that since I don't have the rectangle nesties (and want them really bad) Thanks for playing along!

Jill said...

beautiful card Maria, I just love your new stamp so cute, thanks for joining in the fun at sketch and stash hugs Jill xx