*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




July 27, 2009

A Floral Frenzy!

Happy Monday!
I hope you had a fun weekend and are ready for a new challenge! This week over at the Squigglefly challenge blog we had a sketch to follow, which is quite nice on a Monday morning!

I used one of my very favorite images, floral frenzy, it's so much fun to color. I used pink passion cardstock and DP from a stack with no name...so mysterious, but it all coordinates. Prisma markers were used to add vivid color and eyelets, buttons and glitter to embellish! The green leafy vine is from my neighbors Cricut when I had a playdate, butterflies are Martha Stewart! The run on words sentiment is SU! so many sayings stamp set!

I hope you'll play along....as always, Squigglefly offers Freebies, but they have updated their site again and offer soooo much more! They now have a .99 cent bargain section....and a Last Chance Bin. And don't forget the Squigglefly Rewards! For every $15 you spend in the shop, you get a free image or set - no restrictions!
AND
This is the last week of July that Squigglefly will be donating 50% of all sales in the "Animals" category to the ASPCA. The ASPCA is a humane organization seeking to eliminate cruelty to animals by removing them from cruelty situations and finding them new, loving, forever homes. Check it out...you might be surprised at the images that qualify as an "animal"....like my floral frenzy!

Did you see all the new images added just this past week? Holy bolonga...I'm making a list! I have my eye on some lovely Christmas images!!!!

Here are the challenges that inspired my card...
The Squigglefly challenge~ sketch.
Flutterby Wed.~create a scene.
Cupcake Inspiration~the colors.
Secret Crafter~recipe=3 buttons, 2 DP &1 ribbon.
Daring Cardmaker~on the edge....borders.
Cute Card Thursday~eyelets.
Bee Crafty~summer fun.

We have a busy week ahead, but all good! We start homeschooling in August...when it's too hot to be outside. Then we're done by the time the weather is turning nice again in April! Fun stuff! Blessings!

34 comments:

Rina said...

wow this is such a beautiful card. Anyone would be so blessed to be the recipient of it. It's just so cheerful. TFS Maria! Aloha and God bless~

Holly said...

This is one of my favorite images too Maria! I love how you've colored it. A really bright and cheery card! Great take on the sketch!

Patti J said...

Oh my gosh, Maria, I love bright and cheery, and this definitely fits that 'bill'!!! Wow! I absolutely love this card! Great job on all SEVEN (?!?!?!?) challenges!!!

Michele said...

Such a pretty card Maria. Love the image you've used and the papers also. Hugs
Michele x

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Love this Maria! GReat colors and what a cool way to use all those brads/eyelets - give it so much texture!!

Debbie said...

This is so pretty Maria, I love the beautiful floral image and the gorgeous colours. Debbie x

Bee said...

Such a pretty card, love the colours you've used and how well you have harmonised the image and background. (If you like florals, Bee Crafty has 3 images in the shop you might want to check out...)
Thanks for joining in the Bee Crafty challenge :)
- Bee Crafty

AN said...

aivan ihastuttava raikas ja kesäinen kortti! :Tykkään kovasti!

Janis said...

Beautiful card. I homeschool too! We have a special needs daughter, and we'll start school today. We've already had PE class - walking .7 miles around the neighborhood! Would love to read more posts on your blog about homeschooling. Have a great day!
Janis

Alanna said...

This is so pretty Maria. I love your image and all the other details, like the butterflies and the green vine. Have a great week.

Elena said...

Oh, this card is wonderful! I love the beutiful colors of it! Flowers are gorgeous!

Danni said...

Love this!! So bright and colorful!! Just wonderful! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Rachel Hope said...

Fun and Bright! Makes me happy looking at it! :) Thanks for playing CIC!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

ok. i like everything that you do, but i must say, this one just blows me away. i absolutely love it!

hugs,

Sara said...

Very pretty!

Jane Carroll said...

Fabulous!

Thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

bumblebee creations said...

gORGEOUS gORgeous card Maria---love the bright sunny colors!

Susan said...

What beautiful cards you've been making! I love all the flowers on this post and that Spunkette is to die for! Love her wings! Just absolutely gorgeous card crafting going on! Sorry I've not been around much this past week, but I promise to be better about that!

Big hugs to you,

Susan

Sue said...

this is gorgeous,such pretty colours:)

thanks for joining us at bee crafty:)

sue
xx

Vanessa said...

A lovely pretty card. :)

Vanessa.

Donna said...

Fantastic card Maria, I love the bold colours and the beautiful flowers, this is an incredibly pretty card and I so love the little buttons you have used. Thanks for playing along with us at SCSC :) Donna x

CraftyC said...

A beautiful card Maria, love the colours and summery feel!
Clairex

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Maria I adore this card...those flowers are just so beautiful the colours are great it just looks so summery fresh and clean.
I managed to get a Squiggle fly download and will try to have ago this week.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Ida P. Krause said...

Wow you did a fabulous job covering so many challenges with this one card. It's very cheerful and cute.

Heather said...

This is beautiful! I love the bright happy colors!

SueH said...

Such a colourful and pretty card Maria and one that will certainly bring a smile to someone’s face.

Thanks for ‘daring’ to join in this week.

Sue
x

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh how I love this image!! You've done such a gorgeous job using it here Maria!!! WOW!!!

Kim Y. said...

Just beautiful, Maria! Love your work as always! Great job!
Kim

EverydayMe said...

wow... just love those flowers, they are cheerful!!! {{hugs}} Michelle

Emma said...

Aw such a pretty card...beautiful.
Emma x

Holly said...

I love your take on the sketch Maria! Using the butterflies as your three elements is a cool idea. This is one of my favorite squigglefly images; it's so versatile!

Debby said...

Just darling! I adore what you did with it.

Mandee said...

This is soooo pretty!

Jill said...

beautiful card Maria, well done on getting 7 challenges from 1 card, thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx