*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




August 13, 2009

Miss Bitty, Cute as a Bug!

BLOG HOP IS NEXT POST DOWN!

Hello, I hope you are all enjoying this lovely day! I want to show you a sweet little project I made. A card with removable bookmark. I used the adorable Miss Bitty from Fred, She Said. The dimensional flower and butterfly background are also available @ Fred, She Said. The Miss Bitty set has a variety of fashion and forms to choose from....this is 'full bug' with polka dot dress!

I chose to make a bookmark but attach it to a card to send to the recipient! I wasn't sure how to make it removeable so I found one of those credit card offers in my junk mail and took the little glue boogers off the card! lol Recycle, Reduce Reuse, right?
Ok, onto the deets...I printed out the butterfly background on kraft paper and attached to a black cs base. I didn't want it to be 'empty' when the bookmark was removed so I added a little hidden sentiment. Oh how I wish I had SU! scallop oval! For the bookmark, I printed out Miss Bitty and cut to 'bookmark-size'. Printed the blossoms on yellow DP and cut them out, layered and sponged a wee bit on the edges! Coloring was done with prisma markers and copics. There's a charm that reads 'live' on the floss. oh, I added glitter and bling too! I really enjoyed making this!
Many challenges help shape this project.
Unscripted Sketches~the sketch.
Color Thowdown~blk, wht, melon, kraft, yellow.
Sunflowers & Dragonflies~bookmarks
Flutterby Wed.~use a flutter.
Secret Crafter~cute as a bug.
Three Clovers~use a digi image.
Lili of the Valley~charms.

Too fun!
I'm off to cook a feast...my sweet hubby is working so hard! We had a leak under the shower and needed to fix it. We had planned on remodeling our bath for some time now just couldn't fit it in the schedule. Well, today it fit! lol He's been working all day on it, because he knows I need my shower. I was able to use the kids shower this morning but hopefully ours will be fixed for tomorrow!!!
Enjoy your evenings!
Blessings!

24 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh maria! this is fabulous! just fabulous! and i sure hope you get that shower fixed. what time is dinner????? LOL.

p.s. love the page look too!

hugs,

jacque4u2c said...

This is just so cute!!!!!! I just love it!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is such an adorable image and you colored it beautifully!! I sure hope the shower is fixed. Our hubbies can be so thoughtful!! I am sure he will love your feast in his honor!

MrsMomma said...

Oh wow! Love it!! Love how you attached it to a card. :)

Patti J. said...

You crack me up with your glue boogers!!! Lol! Great card, and what a great idea! A nice gift to give with/as a card!!! Great job my friend!

Nilla said...

So sweet, Maria and a great idea with the bookmark! Love it! Have a great weekend! Hugs Nilla

Danni said...

How totally adorable and clever!! Love this!!

Margie said...

Very nice card! Love the bookmark!

Catrick said...

She is adorable!

Donna said...

Hi Maria this lil ladybug bookmark is fab, love the design and colours and such a perfect gift too :) hope you have a lovely weekend :) Donna x

Aud said...

It's wonderful! ♥

Hugs,
Aud

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh wow!! Maria, this is just fabulous hun!!! I adore the image and your project and coloring are just perfect!!! Have an excellent weekend my friend!! HUGS

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Marie,what beautiful.

Hugs Riet.x

Debby said...

My baby Krypto has a green stuffed elephant he carries all over the house that we call booger. You wanted to know that right. Your boogers made me think of booger. Cute idear with the bookmark. What's for dinner?

Jen said...

this is adorable, Maria!!!

Kim Piggott said...

Oh what a brilliant idea!
Love your butterfly background and your image is so cute!
Gorgeous flower!
Hope your bathroom is now fixed!
hugs
kim x

Elena said...

What a neat idea! I love how you created the background! This little girl is very sweet! Wonderful gift idea, Maria!

Heather said...

This is just perfect! Totally adorable! Hope you are having a great weekend!

PaperTree Designs said...

love those sparkly wings!
Hugs
Deb

Marilyn (mlj-mlj) said...

This is the cutest little girl..reminds me of a ladybug which is one of my friends favorite. So I better get out the plastic!
Also great idea about the sticky..I wonder if someone makes that stuff. Even if I tried to save it, I probably wouldn't be able to find when I needed it. LOL! Have a great day, Maria.

Julie said...

Such a cute bookmark, and what a fab idea to attach it.
Julie x

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Awwwwww.......this is adorable!! I love it!

Jodi said...

So very cute! Love this bookmark, it's adorable!! Love the pretty coloring you did too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Deb Neerman said...

What a great gift idea! So adorable and colored soooooooo beautifully!