*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




August 11, 2009

Elisabeth Bell Stamps for SCACD-Alexa

Happy Tuesday! Can you believe it's the second week in August already?! I'm hibernating in my air conditioning, but I did go outside to take this photo! I won't do that again...yuckoo, it's quite thick out there!! :) Well, it's time for another Try It Out Tuesday over on the SCACD store blog, Follow Your Heart! This week our lovely DT leader Suzanne Dean challenged us to use the colors pink, yellow & black.

Yellow is not a color I use much, so this was a real challenge for me! I used this sweet Elisabeth Bell stamp~young Alexa, named in honor of Suzanne's daughter. I used prismas and copics. The striped digi DP is from Summer Driggs~energy collection. Alexa's head and bear are layered (not popped) for dimension. The punched/embossed pink flower is layered on a black flower and hand curled. Look, I used buttons, yay! Used my fav black ribbon and a pretty little charm too. Isn't Alexa the sweetest little image? I love the face...
Ok, let's check the challenges for this little sweetie!
Try It Out Tuesday~pink, yellow & black.
Card Patterns~the sketch.
Simon Says~buttons & ribbons.
Pollycraft~buttons & bows.
Tree House Stamps~pink card, buttons, other embellies.
Cupcake Inspiration~pink cupcake inspiration pix.
Stamp Something~charms.
C.R.A.F.T. chall~3 papers, 2 buttons and 2 squares (my card is a sq. and my focal panel is a sq)
Crafty Creations~buttons.

Lots of NEW items are up over at Susana's Custom Art & Card Design store....the new Spellbinders Labels are in, new ribbons, the new Robin's Nest teardrops...check it out! SCACD store!
And
There is a new monthly sketch up over on the PCP SCACD group page, play along and you could win any single stamp at Susana's store, including the Elisabeth Bell stamps! And while you're there checkout what it takes to be a Spotlight Designer (with benefits!)
And
Stay tuned for some BIG NEWS coming soon! It's all good! Told you August was going to be a gooood month!

21 comments:

TeresaW said...

Aw, this is so sweet, I love the way she is out of the frame, gives it a second dimension.

debby4000 said...

Oh this gorgeous, wonderful image and fab colours.
luv
Debby

MrsMomma said...

Beautiful!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Maria, this is just precious!! I adore your beautiful image and the colors!! HUGS

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh no Maria....another adorable image! I am going to go broke!! Love this image! Your coloring is magnificent! Love the colors!

Ellie said...

OMG, this is just beautiful. I love that image. Love the designer paper, the charm and sketch. Gorgeous!!

Danni said...

So very sweet!! Wonderful job! Love the black ribbon, such a nice touch!

Karen from PA said...

I love everything about this card. All of the details are amazing. I adore that little charm. It always amazes me how many challenges you make work in one card...that is true talent.

My Paper Adventures said...

Beautiful in every way!! Love the heart charm!!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Maria what a beauty I love love that image and your colours and design are just so perfect for this little cutie. I think we are so spoiled with all these gorgeous images around no wonder my wish list has nearly reached Lapland wonder if it will get to Santa soon ummmmm lol.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Maria, I so love the colours and the black organza ribbon is so lush! I'm pleased to report we having lovely warm weather here in the UK...bout' flipping time too lol! Donna x

Holly said...

this really is sweet Maria. I especially like how you have the black edge on the pink flower. Great job on all the challenges!

TERIBERI said...

Oh Maria your card is amazing and I LOVE all the extra details!! hugs, T

Suzanne J Dean said...

So soft & sweet Maria! Love that striped dp & the pops of black--fabulous!

hugz,
Suzanne

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Maria I just wanted to congratulate you on you win at Doodle Palace fantastic.

Hugs
Lorraine x

cats whiskers said...

OMG this is just stunning what a beautiful image and so beautifully coloured
Hugs Jacqui x

Michele said...

Such a pretty card Maria. Love the cute image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Patti J. said...

Oh Maria! I just want to hug her! Great work - well done!!!

Heather the Mooselover said...

Very sweet card. Congratulations on your new DT position at Doodle Palace.

Elena said...

How precious! Oh, I love the layout and colors of this card! Really love the embossed flower!

Charlene said...

Love your sweet image and that wow flower...as I said...the challenge queen!