*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




August 4, 2009

Elisabeth Bell Stamps for SCACD-Rian

Gettin' a little shabby chic today! It's TIOT challenge day! And the SCACD girls are having some fun over at Susana's store blog, Follow Your Heart! Yep, it's August and I'm still hanging around with SCACD team, but I have sooo much more to show you! lol

This little Elisabeth Bell beauty is Rian and look at that sweet little puppy she's cuddling! awww! Well, today, Suzanne Dean challenged us to use this lovely sketch...I love all the layers! I'm in a paper piecing phase right now and having soooo much fun! These gorgeous digi papers are from Michelle Coleman's bohemian summer pack. yum! The tree stump is pp with a scrap of K&co paper! The only inks used this time were the Copics for the skin and SU! cocoa for the distressing.

I enjoy using the distressing technique with the touch of girlie bling, hence shabby chic...so I added some rhinestones, some lace and a touch of Smooch on her hair and to distress the pink button on the punched flower! Can you see the gold flex in her hair??? That's the pearlized Smooch! It has an awesome applicator, so YOU control exactly where it goes! too perfect!

So let's look at the challenges that inspired this card!
Try It Out Tuesday challenge~the sketch.
Stamp Something~paper piecing.
Colour Create~the colors.
Daring Cardmakers~bling/sparkle.
Dutch Dare~lace.
Creative Inspiration (Sun)~bling.
Simon Says~distressing.
Cute Card Thur.~fruity, colors.
Bee Crafty~add color.
Die Cut Dreams~fashion frenzy.

Remember you could win an Elisabeth Bell stamp or any other single stamp from the many companies Susana carries in her store by playing along with the monthly challenge over on her PCP group page....and while you're there checkout what it takes to become a Spotlight Designer (with benefits!) Papercraft Planet/Susana's Custom Art & Card Design!

So much fun going on, August is gonna be a goooood month!
As of yesterday, Monday, we started our new school year. I know some of the public schools started in the southern part of the country too! Back to routines, though we are what some call 'relaxed homeschoolers'! We have a schedule in the mornings to start our day, for devotions and chores then we move on to a few blocks of time to make sure academics are getting done...but the kids know what they need to accomplish in a day, a week, a month to homeschool within the state law and complete a years' worth of work. Simple, huh? Yea, there are days I want to put them on the big yellow school bus that goes by our home...but as they are maturing, those days are fewer & fewer! lol So really we're non-stressed homeschoolers! Which is a very good thing!

Enjoy your day! Blessings!

38 comments:

Donna said...

Oh Maria this is adorable. Your colouring is fab and yes I can see the gold in her hair, looks great. I can imagine life in your house would be relaxing so I'm not surprised that the homeschooling is too, I bet you all have a lot of fun, the best way to learn isn't it? I wish I could be more laid back, I'm trying though, lol. Enjoy your day. Hugs Donna x

Mina said...

wow this is beautiful Maria, love the image so cute...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
Mina xxx

NatashaMay said...

Very bright and colorful card. Love it.

Lythan said...

this is a beautiful card. Thanks for making it sparkle a la Daring Cardmakers!

Kim Y. said...

Such a sweet card, Maria! She a cutie too! I like the soft colors here.

Chris (catt871) said...

Beautiful card!!! Your colouring is divine!!! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog!
Chris & the DT at Simon Says Stamp

SueH said...

A really sweet Maria…..and I’ve loving those digi papers….think I may have to go investigate!

Thanks for ‘daring’ to join us this week.
Sue
x

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

AWW!! Just as precious as can be!! I love the pretty papers and the image!! :) HUGS

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this is beautiful.

hugs,

coldwaters2 said...

Maria I have got a daisy on my pointer lol I love it. I also love your card do you know when I first saw it before reading your post I was looking and thought gosh what wonderful colouring....then I read your post and gosh you do the paper piecing perfect..I don't get on with it myself....if I want to turn out a card as beautiful as this I suppose I should try again lol. Love the image and the colours it is fabulous.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Ps I have been going up and down on your page just to play with the daisy lol

Suzanne J Dean said...

Love the paper piecing of Rian & the soft colors are beautiful! Fabulous Maria!

hugz,
Suzanne

Bee said...

Charming card Maria, love paper piecing with digi papers. Great soft colours and really nice distressed effect. Thanks for joining the Bee Crafty Challenge :)
- Bee Crafty

Donna said...

Hi Maria, this is such a beautiful card with an equally beautiful image and papers :) It sounds like you are settling back into the school work quickly, could ya' manage two more lol! Loads of rain here again today :( Donna x

Allison said...

scrummy card Maria
The blue topaz you asked about- November actually- depends what web site you look up you get a whole different choice of stones
Take care
AllisonX

Jodi said...

What a very sweet image and I must say that I should be inking my image too! LOL! I love this one especially because it reminds me of my puppy!
Very pretty coloring and I love the papers you used!
Hugs
Jodi =)

MrsMomma said...

I know! They emailed me a little while ago and I'm still in shock! Thank you for the congratulations! :)

Beautiful card, I love the paper and the image is so sweet!

Elena said...

What a charming card! I love the distressing you have done, Maria!
Wow! Back to school already... Where did the summer go...

TERIBERI said...

WOW - I love the inking....totally fabulous!! Hugs, T

Danni said...

Such different papers...really makes a great card!! Wonderful job!

Jules said...

Hi Maria

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog.

Thought I would come and check you out too. You have some lovely creations on your blog. A very nice, neat style.

I love the paper piecing on this card. This is something I really enjoy doing too. You have used lovely backing/piecing papers.

Hope all goes well with your new school year - I'm sure it will - you sound very organised and structured.

Love Jules xx

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Ohhhh what a sweet little girl!!! And a cute sketch!!! And oh how homeschooling gets easier as they're older!! We only have one high schooler left to school and so I have lots of stampin' time! LOL

Aunty Sue said...

oh i love the image and the papers you have used.

Paula said...

Such a fabulous card Maria the image is adorable and what fab colours and papers.
Paula xxxx

Bee said...

Hi Maria, your beautiful Whimsical Girl card is in my weekly Designer Spot...pop by the blog and have a look :)
- Bee Crafty

Alysabeth said...

Super cute:o)

LOUISE said...

Fab card Maria, love the new Elizabeth bell images. Love the papers too. Thanks for joining us on Creative Inspirations Challenge. Louise x

Sharon said...

Fabulous card Maria. You sure nailed that shabby chic look. Gorgeous distressing on beautiful papers and I really love that image.
Thank you for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge.
Sharon xx

Queenie said...

Gorgeous papers and image,beautiful card Maria.
Thanks for joining us over at creative inspirations and good luck.
hugs
Tracy
xxxx

Scrubbysue said...

Ooooooooooooh.....this is beautiful!! I love the colors!!

Dena said...

Very pretty card. Such pretty papers and adorable image. Thanks for joining CC this week! Hugs, Dena

scrappyjan said...

beautiful card. love the paper piecing...
Thanks for joining the Colour Create Challenge. janny

~Denise Lynn~ said...

This is darling Maria! Love the soft pastels and the cute image. Thanks for joining in at Stamp Something. :)

Di said...

What a lovely image and card love the puppy and the papers you have used.
Thanks for joining C.C this week

Di xx

Susie Sugar said...

This is truly gorgeous your card is stunning

Thank you for playing along with us this week at the

Die cut Dreams challenge blog

Hugs Susie xx

SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Beautiful colors and darling image!

Thanks again for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

<3,
Steph

Chris said...

WOW Maria, you've certainly nailed a huge amount of challenges with your gorgeous card, that's brilliant! Love your design and how you used the colours, it's so pretty. Hope you're well and glad you could join us at Colour Create this time, hugs, Chris x

Sue said...

Hi Maria,gorgeous cards and beautiful colouring:)

thanks for joining us at bee crafty:)

sue
xx

Karin said...

Such a pretty card Maria.
Love the beautifull colured papers and sweet image.
Thanks for joining the DDCC.

xoxo karin