*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




August 26, 2009

Everyday is Harvest!

Hi ho Happy Wednesday Friends!
I wanted to let you know of a lovely new challenge blog, Stampin' Sisters in Christ, combining the love of stamping with the love of Christ! The challenges will be based on scripture...though the cards DO NOT need to be 'religious' in any form. Their 1st challenge is based on scripture from the Book of John:
Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty." John 6:35 (NIV)

So the their first challenge is to make a card with a food or drink theme! Easy peasy, right?


I made this card the other day and never posted it. It was created for some missionary friends! I used a FREEbie image from The Digi Shack and CG the sentiment. It's colored with prisma markers. The leaf punch is creative memories. Pretty basic!

I also wanted to share an award I rec'd a while back from the lovely Diane/Planted in Joy! Thank you very much Diane!

I'm to pass this along to others who exalt the name of Christ on their blog.
I know most of you probably have this award but I just wanted you to know I appreciate being encouraged and uplifted while visiting your blogs!

Abundant Blessings to all who read here!

19 comments:

Alanna said...

Great card Maria. I love those rich fall colors.

Holly said...

What a lovely idea for a challenge blog! Love your card Maria!

Donna said...

Lovely card Maria, perfect for harvest time and reminds me of all the farming I've been doing on Facebook lol! Fab colours on this card and a great layout :) Donna x

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful creation Maria I love Harvest time I remember celebrating harvest festival when I was younger when I belonged to the Salvation Army. It was a wonderful sight with all the donations of vegetables and home-made bread gosh the memories... ahhh. I hope you don't mind but I have become a followers of the new challenge blog and have got the blinkie and I hope to feel well enough to have a go.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Patti J. said...

Maria, How sweet of you to think of me! I'm so happy to be taking part in the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenges. It is so refreshing to know that there are so many stamping 'sisters' out there! Blessings to you too, my friend! Your card is gorgeous! So happy you shared it!

Nilla said...

Gorgeous card, love the autumn/fall colors! Congrats on your award! Hugs Nilla

Deb Neerman said...

WoW! This is just gorgeous, Maria! I LOVE it!!!

MrsMomma said...

Another great card, Maria! The image is perfect with the verse. Thank you so much for thinking of me, I love the award!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

What a fun creation for Fall!! My fav Season and the colors are perfect too!! :) Love the verse as well!! TFS!! HUGS

Beautiful Grace said...

Dear Maria,

Thank you for the encouraging award! Your kindness is appreciated beyond words I could speak or type!

With Much Love...
Beautiful Grace

Kristine said...

Hi Maria! This is beautiful!! I've been itchin' to get some Fall cards done, or at least use Fall colors :P I love your choice of stamps and colors here. Thank you so much for playing in our new SSC Challenge!!

Rose said...

what a beautiful card! i have never lived where we had a true fall so enjoy seeing fall items :) thanks for thinking of me and i will get it on my blog this weekend, also whats that i see? a christian challenge blog? will check it out :)

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Maria,i love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Awwww.......Thankyou so much maria! I don't have this one yet but, will proudly display it on my blog. Thanks for YOUR encouragement here as well. *hugs* Sue

NatashaMay said...

Getting ready for autum? :) Lovely card.

Crystal said...

Oh, oh, I love that basket of apples and your beautiful colors and layout! Have enjoyed browsing your blog for the first time !

Shirley said...

Good enough to eat and I love those leaves too!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

How wonderful! I'm craving autumn weather and all the beauty of the season.

Thank you so much for joining us in our first challenge at Stampin Sisters in Christ. We hope to see you again!

Rina said...

I am very honored Maria and humbly accept this precious award. No, I don't have this one but, I too, will definitely pass it on to other sisters who encourages me and my walk in Christ. Thank you! btw...I love that sweet card. I'll pop on over and check out the sisters in Christ challenges. What an awesome idea. Aloha and God bless you, sister!