*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




August 16, 2009

Hello to You!

Gosh, it's been a busy weekend! IRL and cyberworld, I have so much to show you this coming week, along with some new releases...actually, alot of new releases!
But allow me to pick up where I left off! Produce is booming around our homestead and we are stocking it away for winter like little squirrels. hehe
Our shower was not working, a water valve gave out....so we now have a new shower in our master bath. It's so much bigger that we needed to knockout some walls...too cool! I love remodeling!!!
Here are some random photos until I'm back on Monday with my regularly schedule crafty posts!




Poor hubby had to take apart the sliding glass doors to get this baby inside! Somehow this photo makes it look small??? Now the poor dear is trying to figure the best way to get a seven foot long shower stall up the spiral staircase! He's sooooo wonderful!


Some pickled beets! And we were blessed with tons of sweet corn this weekend, so after we had our fill of corn on the cob, we processed that for the freezer too!

Hope you're enjoying your weekend, sending prayers for peace, joy and much love your way! Blessings!

10 comments:

Rose said...

my your busy bees !! love the shower :) and look it is a double seater *wink*

Patti J. said...

Hmmm....Maria....it DOES have two seats!!! Keep posting those photo's - we want to see the finished product!

Donna said...

Wow Maria, that's one big shower, I wonder what your huggy is thnking in the picture lol! Well done on preserving your home produce, corn on the cob....YUM YUM! Donna x

Debby said...

Wish I lived closer I love pickled beets!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

OH wow!! how fun maria!! I'm so happy for you!!! a new shower and bigger to boot! that canning looks fabulous too! I'm not into beets but, the BF loves them. :P)

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER!! You sure did have a busy weekend!! I can see what he had to take the doors off...surprised he didn't need to tear down a wall to get it in!! ;)

That's so much canning too!! You go girl!!

Holly said...

Such a homemaker you are Maria! I can't stand re-modeling; I like things being normal and in place and re-modeling throws that all out the door!

Heather x said...

what a lot of work! Can I ask, how do you do your Corn on the cob? Hubby love it but we can never get it to cook right, no matter how long we boil it, it never seems to soften.
Can't wait to see the pics of your finished bathroom :0)
*hugs* Heather x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a lot of work for your hubby in the bathroom renovation and for you with all the produce. Our Gardens have not done well at all because of the tremendous amount of rain we have had. Most of the plants have either rotted or died. The tomatoes have Blight.

Hope all becomes more normal for you soon. Can't wait to see the finished bathroom.

hugs,
Chris

Elena said...

Wow! That is sure a lot of work wih new shower! I would like to see the pictures when you will be done! :)