*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




August 3, 2009

The Lord's Prayer

Happy Monday everyone!!!
Such an exciting day here in the Matter household...our homeschooling year has started for this season! I seem to be so much more efficient during school season! lol we shall see! At least I made a card today after a very busy/relaxing weekend!
So many times recipients of my cards mention how they keep them displayed, on the frig, on the windowsill or bookcase...so I made this card with that in mind!

This version of the Lord's Prayer is the one I have memorized and can even do in sign language! (ooo, aahhh, lol) This is actually a wonderful printable stamp from The Cutting Cafe! It comes in script too, both come with frames, Regina thinks of everything! I resized & altered mine a bit! Checkout The Cutting Cafe's 99 cent specials!

The DP is Laura Ashley's traditional pack, the yellow is K&co and the burgandy, SU! I embossed the burgandy strip and sanded it. Martha Stewart punches were used for the doily lace and butterflies!

I used the Sketch & Stash sketch with my new stash being the digi scripture and the DP. The colors were from Stacey's brand new color challenge called the Curtain Call -burgandy, mellow moss & so saffron. The theme this week for Banana Split Sunday is to make a quote your focal point and Dare U2 Digi wanted to see distressing, like my sanded embossing!

Hope you enjoy the rest of your day, I'll be hopping around later today to see what all I missed over the weekend! Praying love, joy and peace over you! Blessings!!

26 comments:

Patti J said...

Beautiful job Maria! What an elegant and classy card! TFS...

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

So so gorgeous Maria!! I love how you've put the Lord's prayer like this and the lovely colors are perfect!! TFS! :) HUGS

Donna said...

Hey Maria, love this card such a super sentiment and such elegant papers too, love the little butterflies :) I'm sure you will soon slot back into your school routine, hope the boys do too :) Donna x

Jodi said...

Very nicely done card!! Your color combo is so perfect!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Holly said...

So beautiful Maria! I'll bet it's beautiful to see done in sign language too. Happy School year to you!

Donna said...

Welcome back hun! Glad to hear you had a lovely weekend away. I don't know about you but I'm far more organised when the school term starts (I don't think I'd say that if I was homeschooling though lol) The children here don't go back to school until the first week of September (ohhhh its sooo far away lol) Your card is so beautiful Maria, I can see that one going into a lovely frame and being treasured for years. The papers and colour choice are gorgeous. Hugs Donna x

Alanna said...

Gorgeous card Maria.

Nilla said...

Beautiful elegant card, Maria! Love the little flower following the cursor! Hugs Nilla

Heather said...

Maria, this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! WOW! Great job!

Reynna said...

Hi, im reynna and my mom showed your blog and your spiritual? cards are awsome. my blog isnt that popular so I hope you can stop by!
keep bloggin',
Reynna:):):):)

MrsMomma said...

You have a little something over at my blog found here!

Regina Easter said...

wow back to school already...mine start next week...i love this card...awesome hugs

Stacey Schafer said...

so beautiful, Maria! thanks for playing the Curtain Call Act 2!

Denise Clark said...

Love this and would be perfect to display on the fridge! Wonderful card!

Teresa said...

What a beautiful card you made. Thank you for joining the banana challenge.

Jennifer said...

Beautiful work Maria, I just love this colour combination and all the attention to detail.
Thanks for joining the DU2DS challenge this week.
Hugs
Jen x

Becky said...

What a lovely way to use the sketch Maria!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx

Jeanette - said...

This is beautiful!! I love the embossing that you added. Thanks for joining us in the 2RedBananas challenge!

Sandra said...

Hi Maria...such a beautiful card,everything about it is perfect!....thanks for joining us this week at DU2DS,
Take care
San x

LeAnne said...

Very pretty, Maria! That DP is perfect with this challenge!

Elena said...

What a beautiful card! Love the embossing and butterflies!

Wendy said...

This is such a beautiful card! I love the colors and butterflies. And the prayer on there is great. Thanks for playing in 2RB's challenge.

Jill said...

beautiful card Maria, thanks for joining in the fun at sketch and stash hugs Jill xx

Cassie said...

beautiful choice for this challenge! thanks for joining in the fun at 2RB!

Cathy said...

Beautiful card and great take on the sketch.
Thank you for joining in the Sketch and Stash.
Cathy xx

Cindy Malone said...

I like your take on the color challenge, very beautiful and elegant.