*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




August 25, 2009

Something for Me!!

Here's the little project I was working on! I am a "list" person! So I made a pretty little notebook folder for my purse!

Today is my last Try It Out Tuesday with the SCACD girls. I have been with them as a Guest Designer for April, June, July & now Aug and they are some of the most wonderful ladies I have met in blogland. They have touched my heart and I will be forever grateful for their welcoming kindness and love. I've learned so much from each of these super talented ladies! Thank you Susana and Suzanne for allowing me to have this wonderful opportunity! {sniff, sniff}

Ok, so today Suzanne challenged us to create a notepad or notebook cover. And when I saw this little beauty over on Patty's Stamping Spot, I just had to have it. She shows how to make it from a SU! folder. Since I didn't have any SU! folders and didn't even realize SU! made folders, I had to alter the directions to fit my particular folder. I found my pretties at Big Lots, an overflow discount store. (12 for $2.oo)
To adorn my list keeper I colored one of the new Victoria Case for SCACD images...Aud, isn't she a beauty?! She named for our very own SCACD DT gal, Aud....how do you like having auburn hair, chica?! I used celery green to accent so it would match my bag....I'm keeping this one! lol
Though, I might be having a give away for one of these later....I do have 11 more folders! lol
I have been wanting to participate in the new Pals Paper Arts challenge since it started four weeks ago...I just couldn't find the time! So finally, with their fourth challenge underway...create anything but a card....I'm getting this one in under the wire! Thank heavens for time zones! lol

Well, I hope you'll have a chance to play along with the TIOT challenge this week over at Susana's Custom Art and Card Design store blog, Follow Your Heart!

Praying peace, joy and much love over you! Blessings!

21 comments:

Patti J. said...

Awww...I know you will miss this terribly, and they (we!) will miss your being there! Big Hugs this a.m. and always! I love this project - how incredibly cute! I would love it if you would email me the deets! Have a great day!

MrsMomma said...

Maria, that is so sweet! Love it! I'll be keeping a look out for that 'maybe' giveaway! :)

Aud said...

Super wonderful!♥♥♥ Love that it matches your bag!

It'll be so sad to see you leave the team now, you've been more like a regular member than a guest, and I have enjoyed working with you sooo much!
I'll come see you on your blog often!

Big-big hugs,
Aud

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i just love that tablet! i, too, am a list maker and there are post-its all over the place. i make little folders for them and carry them in my purse. however, whenever someone needs a piece of paper, i hand them one of my post-it pads and after they've oooohhhed and aaaahhhhed over it, i let them keep it. i'm running out of post-its - LOL!

and the pumpking frog below is fabulous!

hugs,

Dianne said...

Maria this folder is so pretty. Sorry to see you leave the team, however, I have your blog bookmarked and will visit often.

Love the pumpkin frog - he is sooo cute !!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

OMG!! I Just LOVE this Maria!! I am a list person myself!! What a nice little book and it's cool how you showed it next to the purse!! :) Clever and very sweet!! TFS! HUGS

Pals Paper Arts said...

Adorable and functional idea. I love it.

On behalf of the Pals Paper Arts design team, thank you for Playing @ PPA.

Allison said...

This is such a super idea...love the idea of using a folder too (I have about a bajillion!). Great color choices Maria!

Carolyn Bounds said...

First of all, I am so very sad to see you go...when I am just getting to know you too:o( At least we have blogland to keep us in touch!!! You are in my sidebar, so I will be sure to visit often....and there is always the group on PCP:o)
all the
As for you project, it is FABULOUS!!! I love all the vibrant pink and the way you accented in green to coordinate with your handbag. Brilliant!! I would keep this beauty all to myself too;o)
Hugs!
Carolyn

Heather x said...

Oh what an awesome idea, Maria, I have a bag full of little bits of scrap paper that I keep making my lists on, this would make it alot tidier and easier to find lol. Just thinking....I could do with something simular to keep all my receipts in, that would make them easier to find too.....oh you wonderful lady, you have given me inspiration!!!
*hugs* Heather x

Elena said...

Wow! What a great project, Maria! And it matches to your purse perfectly! Thank you so much for sharing your idea!
I enjoyed your time being a Guest Designer at SCASD so much!

Alanna said...

What a fabulous project Maria. I'm going to have to file this in my want-to-do list.

itsabrt said...

Maria this is truly wonderful, I love the image she is darling and I love your big green purse as the backdrop! Beth

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Oooooooooh.........I LOVE this!! how cute!! I have these folders too! I fell in love with them as soon as I saw them and they come in very handy. :)

Suzanne J Dean said...

What a fabulously fun project Maria (might have to make one myself, hee hee)! I love it & lil Aud loves being Auburn--very pretty, LOL!

hugz,
Suzanne

Nilla said...

Maria, you made something perfect for me, a list book!! My cup of tea, LOL! It's beautiful and very creative! Love it! Hugs Nilla

Donna said...

Fantastic little note book Maria and well done for doing something just for you :) I love the design of the little folder and the big blooms and your image is so cute and pretty...I didn't know SU did folders either lol! :) Donna x

Deb Neerman said...

I love this, Maria!

maxine said...

wow this is fantastic Maria and a lovely image. I hope you are having a lovely week. I'm just catching up after a few days away.
Take care Maxine

Kathy said...

What a great project. You've done a fab job here

Jessica G. said...

Ooh, I love notepads, lists, notebooks -- anything to help organize a hectic life! What a fun idea to create this portfolio; not only is it sweet, but SO useful and portable, too!