*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




August 7, 2009

Summer has finally arrived!

Summer has made an appearance! This past week was hot & humid, just the way I don't like it! I am sooo not a summer person. But I certainly made a summery card today!

My little cutie today is an Eat Cake Graphics design from SCACD...this totally brought a smile to my face! She's colored with Copics and SU! markers. The DP is from so long ago, I could barely cut it without ripping it! lol
I was trying to be very effecient today and hit as many challenges as possible, so here we go! The Sunflower & Dragonflies challenge this week was by the sea and the Cupcake Craft challenge had a beach theme, that seemed to go together! The Scrappy Frog challenge wanted to see some summer fashions and the Twisted Thursday girls chose polka dots for the twist to go with their sketch, hehe, isn't this fun? Scrapmasters SPCC gave us a color challenge of banana, pretty in pink, orchid and cocoa, 'very summery' I think, which was the challenge over @ Three Clovers this week. And Papertake Weekly wanted to see seasonal colors too (any season). I doodled around the yellow scalloped circle (though hard to see) for the Creative Inspirations(wed) challenge, I was going to add faux stitching too but I forgot! And lastly, Pile it On's theme was 3 or more flowers along with additional challenges!
I have so much fun coordinating challenges! I hope you see some new ones in there to play along with too!


This is my first attempt to catch up on my awards!!! This lovely one is from my beautiful friend Lorraine (coldwaters2). Thank you Lorraine! Now I'm to tell you five things about me....1-I've been with my best friend/hubby for 27 years (married 22 yrs) 2-I'm a 'homebody' of late 3-I was a Realtor (before children) 4-I enjoy making lists and 5-I have a real tree in my house for our spiral staircase! (lol, try to picture that!) I'll leave ya with that! Thanks for stopping by!

Abundant blessings to all who read here!

39 comments:

Emily said...

Precious! Thanks for playing along with us at SPCC.

Emily-SP Diva

Beth Norman said...

Cute card. Thank you for playing in our challenge. Each week there is a draw for a set of Nestabilities.

Donna said...

Super pretty card Maria and a fab image, love the way you have coloured her little bikini :) Please can you send us some of your lovely weather for the weekend :) would love to see the tree in your house lol! Donna x

ineke said...

i love ecgstamps !!!!
very pretty card !!

Patti J said...

Sigh.....I thought I was kickin' it in gear this week including THREE challenges in one card, and here you do EIGHT!!! Rock on Maria - Great job - adorable image!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Very, very cute. Your image is adorable! Thanks for playing the TT challenge. Hope to see you next week.

Susan said...

What a cute card! It sure brought a smile to my face. Thanks for playing along with SPCC.

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Maria, what a super cute card. I love the image and the papers are so pretty. Great embellishments and love the layout. Thanks so much for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

Danni said...

You are the challenge queen! Wow! I'm constantly amazed at how many you can include in a card!!
This is such a cutie pie card...love it!!

Melisa said...

Absolutely adorable. Fantastic job on all the challenges! Thanks for playing at SPCC!

Melisa-SP Diva

Danielle said...

You totally rocked it with the combining challenges this week!! Great job!! I combined 5 this week, and it is my first time getting that many!!
Thanks for joining us at SPCC this week!! We hope you visit again!!

Alanna said...

This is so cute. What a darling image.

Maureen said...

So adorable - love that cute little image! Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!

POPPET said...

Hi honey, she is just gorgeous you have cioloured her so well, love your lay out too, and your pointer is fab, spent ages running it up and down your page lol, thanks for joining us at cupckae hugs pops x x x

Karolyn Loncon said...

Girl, I think you are a miracle worker!! How the heck did you fit all those challenges into one card!! Brilliance, I tell ya! Love that ECG image - one of my faves!! Thanks so much for playing S2G Twisted Thursday - looking forward to more of your brilliant work!

Liza said...

Super card, i love the soft colours. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Regina Easter said...

isn't this the cutest ever..hugs

Dawny P said...

This is just so pretty - I love the image and those colours :) Thank you for joining us over at PTW. Hugs, Dawny xxxx

the girls said...

I couldnt agree more...Just say NO to HEAT & HUMIDITY! LOL now as for your SWEET card...luv it! you did a FAB job on our TT this week...thanks for playing...DEIDRE S2G

stamprgrl said...

maria,
I can't get over how cute that polka dot bikini looks on that little girl!

Thanks for playing with us @ Pile It On!
-- dalis

Kristina said...

Cute card - love the stamp - the colours are so soft and lovely.

suzARTe said...

really cute card, I love it. the main image is lovely

Aunty Sue said...

Hi oh she is a cutie love your summer card thanks for joining us at creative inspirations.xx

Scrubbysue said...

HI maria! what a sweet card!! heeheeheee...she is soo cute! and congrats on your award as well! you definitely deserve it. It's so fun reading about ppl's bkgds. Thankyou for sharing yours.

Heidi said...

This is just the most adorable card!


Heidi SP Diva

Debby said...

cuper cute, great coloring and you freakin rock the challenges!

Elena said...

Very cute card, Maria! I am so glad you played with us!
Oh, I also don't love humid weather, that is what we have right now...

Joan Ervin said...

Oh, my word, Maria...I lost count of all the challenges...how did you get so many in one FABULOUS card???? I love the image and your coloring is outstanding!!!! Great colors and details, too!!!

Kristin said...

You card is so cute!! I love the image!

Ida / Little said...

Love your card, such a cute image! :) And how great with the flower arrow!! :) Thanks for joining us for last weeks CCC challenge! :)

Hugs Ida

thescrapmaster said...

BEAUTIFUL card! I love that patterned paper!
Hugs,
Samantha
SPCC Creator
http://spcolorcombos.blogspot.com

~kelly marie~ said...

I love this cute summer card! So fun! The patterned paper you used is so fun!

Justine said...

You did such a great job with our sketch, love your cute little image. Thanks for playing with us Maria and good luck in the drawing.

Erin said...

I love your take on this sketch!! You did a fabulous job!! Thanks for playing!

Lynne in NI said...

What a cute card Maria - she's a real cutie! And well done on combining so many challenges!

Charlene said...

Cute, cute!

Jaspere said...

This is cute. So glad you could play along this week.

Kim Nath said...

That is just adorable! Thanks for playing along at Scrappy Frogs!

Brenda said...

Congrats on your win! Great card!