*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




August 18, 2009

Update...

Happy Tuesday! Sorry I haven't been around...was feeling a bit under the weather and slept away the last few days! I'm a little more energized this morning. I have so much to share with you so I wanted to make a quick appearance.

First, a super exciting announcement...
New Victoria Case for SCACD will be released this Friday at Susana's Custom Art & Card Design! Starting this Wednesday, you'll have a chance to win some blog candy over @ SCACD's store blog, Follow Your Heart! And the design team will have sneak peaks on Thursday and Friday! Isn't that awesome?! I'm so excited for you to see these new cuties!

Second, today is Try It Out Tuesday over at Follow Your Heart and our lovely DT leader Suzanne challenged us to make a back-to-school project. I started mine over the weekend then fell into my 'deep' sleep so I didn't get a chance to finish my project (card, bookmark & backpack). I did want to share with you what I had done in case someone wanted to make one of these little backpacks! Mary over on SCS has a lovely tutorial HERE.

I used SU! cardstock and BasicGrey's Junebug paper for the flaps. SCACD carries the gorgeous BasicGrey papers!


Today is also Digital Tuesday Challenge day and our lovely hostess this week is Emma. She has choosen the theme, Male Cards. Lots of inspiration over on the challenge blog! I did have my project done prior to not feeling well and will try to post it later!

Hope you all have a super day and I'll be back with you as soon as my sparkle returns! lol
Take care, Blessings!

16 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh wow!! Maria, this is just the sweetest little project!! :) I love it!! I hope you're feeling much better now!! HUGS

Holly said...

Aw how cute! Of course now a days all the back packs have to be clear or mesh! Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well, but that beauty sleep must've helped cause you've created something just darling!

Deb Neerman said...

How cute is this?!? I love it, Maria ... hope you're feeling better!

Rose said...

hope your feeling better soon :) this is the cutest item!! off to see the instructions now ;)

Patti J said...

Aww...love this little backpack! Hope you feel better real soon, Maria!!! It's not the same without you out here!

Susan said...

Feel better, my friend! Love the backpack! Isn't that paper just the funnest?!

Big hugs to you,

Susan

Karen from PA said...

This is so adorable!! I am so glad you are feeling better.

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cute!!!!

jacque4u2c said...

This little backpack ROCKS! Just toooo cute! Get the rest you need - it is the only real energizer! hang in there!

Donna said...

Hi Maria, I love your little back pack, its so sweet and a great way to give a gift :) I hope you are feeling better real soon, you definitely don't have your usual sparkle, take care Maria and big hugs :) Donna x

Heather said...

Maria, sorry to hear you haven't been feeling that great! Hope you are better soon!
What a cute project. I pretty much such at anything that isn't a card so I'm always inpressed with your gifty items!

Elena said...

Very cute backpack! I love the Basic Grey paper you used!
Hope you are feeling better, Maria! So sorry you felt not very good...

Jaspere said...

Hope you feel better soon. Love your backpack. I really wanted to make one for the first day of school which is Thursday but don't think I'll make it *LOL*

Carolyn Bounds said...

Your backpack is adorable:o) I love the June Bug papers you used...it is one of my most favorite in the pad. I sure hope you get to feeling better! Being sick stinks and does a number on our "sparkle". Here's hoping your sparkle comes back quickly!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Riet said...

Ohh Maria,what beautiful.

Hugs Riet.x

Beautiful Grace said...

Sparkle return in the name of Jesus!!! Amen!!!