*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




September 19, 2009

The Digi Shack Bat....

or did you say Cat??? Ok, one of my favorite reasons for making cards is....you can have a card for every occasion! Like...congratulations on your new cat! Or add a little humor to the situation....



...isn't it fun to use stamps in a non-conventional way! We don't really celebrate halloween, but I have all these super adorable images! So, being inspired by the awesomely talented Vicki from Stamped Smiles, I found some hidden potential in my Digi Shack Batty stamp! lol

I found this kitty cat digi paper somewhere online for free (I'll try to find it again to give credit)! The eggplant colored SU paper is embossed with CB distressed stripes. The zigzag stitching is faux, used a Hot off the Presses clear stamp....the brads are faux too.

Here are some fun challenges I played with...
Crafty Cardmakers~sketch
SCS CC235 Black, Olive, Eggplant.
Stamping B's~humor.
Creative Belli~fall/halloween.
La-La-Weekly Wed chll~3 embellies=ribbon, brads, stitching.
My Grafico~1image,2 papers,3 embellies/fall.
Papertake Weekly~faux anything.
The Digi Shack~fall colors...I hope these count Toni, I did use a DS image!!!!! lol


Reminders....
SNR Card Universe Digi Day is being sponsored by Squigglefly tonight 8pm EST, Holly & Stef have some great plans for us...you know with those two we're certainly going to have fun!!!

Also, I'm so excited to welcome the new ladies to our Spotlight Diva team, woohoo....check it out over at SPOTLIGHT SATURDAY with HIDDEN POTENTIAL!!!! And there's still time to get in on the HUGE candy!!!!

Saturday Spotlight

Ok, that's it for now, I'll be back later to show you some cards from the garden!!! Blessings!

41 comments:

Chrissy D said...

CUTE card, Maria!!!

maxine said...

This is fantastic Maria and a great image.

Irina said...

Funny!! Cute card!! Thank you so much for playing along at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Now that is just too super cute!!! I love the fun bat image!! :) I'm so excited about our WHOLE ENTIRE Spotlight Diva team!! Thanks for pointing everyone in the right direction!! HUGS

coldwaters2 said...

Oh I love this and the humour it makes me smile for sure. I am not a lover of Halloween but love watching the horror movies and this bat looks the part lol. Love the backing paper and your colouring of the bat is fab.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Jill said...

fantastic halloween card Maria, so sorry I haven't been to visit for a while hugs Jill xx

Holly said...

LOL Maria, I love this! Really tickled my funny bone!

Donna said...

Love this card Maria, brilliant spin on the wording and the cat/bat theme, fab colouring too and I love your papers :) Donna x

judie said...

brill card, thank you for joining us at crafty cardmakers xx

Crystal said...

Maria this is AWESOME!!! What a fun fun card!

June Renee' said...

This is one of the funnest cards I've seen! I'm lovin' the "scary" cat paper...and it was free, wow!

Jessica G. said...

Too funny! Another funny sentiment for this image would be 'Is today driving you batty'? Bet there are a bunch other fun sentiments out there!

Rose said...

LOL love this!!! :0) i'm sure Q would love it if i got him a bat to play with lol

Claudia Rosa said...

wonderful card! i love the colors.
Thank you for joining my blog candy

have a great weekend
hugs
claudia

SannaS said...

Brilliant card! Love the text, so fun! =)
Hugs, SannaS

Danni said...

Thanks for the giggle! Great card!

Dawn B. said...

OH my gosh that paper is adorable..I love it.. It is perfect for your image. Great job..I am really excited to be working with you also...It is going to be so fun.. What a great team..

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

What a cute, cute creation!!! Thanks for the chuckle ... I needed that!! I'm so looking forward to drawing inspiration from all your works of art! Let the fun begin!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cute!!!

itsabrt said...

Maria this card is a riot! Beth

Joan said...

This is so cute - you're right about the cards for all seasons/reasons!!!

Alanna said...

Very cute Maria. Way to think outside the box a bit.

Kath said...

great take on the challenge maria...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PTW...hugs kath (GDT)xxxx

Paul said...

Such a different card idea. Great project and thanks for joining in with our Embellish It challenge over at La La Land Crafts. I hope you enjoyed it as much I did and join in with us again soon.
TFS
Paul

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Very funny card!

Debby said...

You are just so clever. This gave me a great big smile this morning.

Wishcraft said...

Fab card, so cute & funny! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers :o) Lisa x

msfreida said...

LOL I LOVE it! You are sooo creative! This card ROCKS!

Hugs~

Martha said...

ahhh so cute!

Crafty Cardmakers said...

Fabulous image! I must go check them out when its a reasonable hour lol! Love your card, its adorable! Thanks for joining us at crafty cardmakers x

Heather said...

This is HILARIOUS!!!! I love it!!!

Fern said...

THis is super cute, Maria ~ outside and inside... I love it... Thanks for playing along with us on the Creative Belli Challenge... :o)

Karin said...

Fabulous card Maria.
Love the design, papers and funny image and sentiment.
Thanks for joining LLWWC.

xoxo karin

Marcea said...

this is so funny, love it!
Thanks for joining us this week on LLLC
-x-

Maureen said...

So cute and too funny! Love your idea to use Halloween images in a new way - very creative! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

Kim Y. said...

What a cool Halloween card, Maria! Love the sentiment!! Thanks so much for playing along at La La Land Crafts!

Whoopsie Daisy! said...

LOL! Cute card! Funny sentiment! Love the stitching! Thank you for joining in on the fun with La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge! xx Jane

jdmommy said...

Maria, this bat is just a riot! What a wonderful fun Halloween card! thanks for playing in the belli!

Dani said...

Oh my! This is so cute! Great job thinking outside the box! Thanks for joining us in the Belli Challenge!

Anne said...

Oh I love it!! This is just as cute as can be! Love the bat with the fun sentiment!! Thanks for joining in the Belli Challenge this week!!

Joan Ervin said...

What a cute and fun Halloween card, Maria...the bat image is adorable and what a super cool sentiment!!!! Thanks for playing along with us in the Belli challenge this week!!!!