*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




September 10, 2009

It's Fire Pup!

Have you seen the new releases from the Doodle Palace??? This is Fire Pup, isn't he cute?! This Fire Pup image and sentiment are just a few in a set of six created to honor our firefighter heros! They also released some new halloween images!
I made this card for my BIL, he's a volunteer fireman and celebrates his birthday right around 9-11! Hopefully, he'll recieve this with a sense of humor! hehe

I colored with prisma markers and shined up the water with dazzling diamonds. I couldn't find striped paper in the colors I needed, so I made my own! Simply cut equal strips of cardstock, run some adhesive across your base and start lining up the strips! How fun is that!

I can't wait to play with another one of these little spotted fellows in the set....if you don't know a firefighter personally, you could always make a thank you card for your local fire company. Why not drop it off with a basket of muffins or cookies! That would surely bring a smile to some faces, wouldn't it?

Here are some challenges that helped create this card...
TGIF~funny animals.
Polka Doodles~spots & stripes.
The Pink Elephant~the colors.
Pile It On~birthday.
All Sorts~male card.
Paperplay~no DP.
Banana Split Sunday~stripes/dots.
Monday Lunchtime sketch~the sketch.
Too fun!

On the homefront*************************************
Well, I totally missed 'spring' cleaning in April, so I'm trying to get a head start on fall cleaning. Definitely not one of my fav things to do! I do like to be organized though, it's essential in a big family! So, I'm thinking of doing this the FLYLADY way....does anyone else use that technique. I stuck to it a little better when the kids were little, survival and all. So I did the 27 fling boogie and just about filled a trash bag! lol I also set my timer and spent 15 mins cleaning off our bedroom sofa....piles of clothes- to mend, to give away, to throw away, to distribute....baby steps, right?!!!

I hope you're having a sparkly day! Blessings!

37 comments:

Viv said...

Aren't these doggies so cute? Love the card and well done on combining so many challenges!LOL!

Trish Hughes said...

Very cute card!!!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW!! What an adorable image!! I love the sparkly water!! :) Too cute!!! HUGS

Donna said...

Hi Maria, such a sweet image on tihs card and I love the sparkles on the water, fab sentiment inside too, you are the queen of captions lol! Well done on your fall cleaning...can you come and do mine when you've finished yours lol! :) Donna x

Crystal said...

aWWW Maria what a cutie pie he is!!! I love the dp its PERFECT, GREAT CARD!

Patti J said...

How funny, my trunk has two huge bags for Goodwill!!! Love love LOVE this card!!! That little pup is so cute!!! You are so thoughtful, thinking about taking muffins in to the firemen! Firemen are near and dear to my heart. We lost everything in a fire in 1980 and DH was burned 1,2,3 degrees over 80% of his body. There is never a day that I don't thank God for our firemen, and my DH! Great idea and great card, Maria!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

what a cute card. and i've never heard of the flylady!

psst... if you go to my blog and look at the FREEBIES post, there's a great site that has firement paper - FREE!

hugs,

Nilla said...

Gorgeous card, so pretty and funny! Have a great weekend, Maria! Hugs Nilla

Holly said...

Sweet card Maria, and I'm sure your firefighter friend will enjoy the humor in it. I love flylady! Good for you taking your baby steps!

Karen from PA said...

Great card! I love it! I love the sentiments, they are so adorable. I loosely follow Flylady, but I find even that helps alot. It's amazing what you can accomplish in 15 minutes.

Teresa said...

Very cute, the inside is perfect. Thanks for joining the bananas

Katie said...

What a super card and a great combo of challenges!
Thanks for playing at PIO this week.
Katie

Jules said...

Hi Maria

Great card - I love the humour of the sentiment inside too - it ties in beautifully with your cute image.

Thank you for joining in the fun with Allsorts this week.

Love Jules xx

Carol said...

This is just adorable! Love that little puppy.

Kris L said...

Thanks for sharing Maria...very cute. Please join us again at Polkadoodles...Kris

Deanne K said...

Great card - who doesn't like a cute puppy!!!

Tip Top said...

Hehehehe! This is great - fab sentiment too! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

scrapnnMO said...

Ahh what a cute image and your card is fabulous. Have a lovely weekend! :)
♥Dawn♥

MrsMomma said...

Great card! I LOVE what the inside says. So funny!

Jennifer said...

What a great card! I love the doggie and the layout you used. Thank you for playing along with Pile It On! this week.

Jennifer PIO DT

Linda Elbourne said...

What a cute puppy - fabulous card!

Julie M said...

Great card, Maria. I love the colourful stripes and the image is perfect for a fireman.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay.

Julie

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Fun card Maria! Love the glitter water and fun colors. Thanks for joining in at PIO this week! :)

Vanja said...

Fabulous card, Maria! I just love the sentiment. The image is adorable.
Have a lovely weekend :)
Hugs, Vanja

Shirley said...

Now that is really precious!!! I love the words and the whole design!

itsabrt said...

What a fun card Maria! I love your choice of colors and the fun image and sentiments! Beth

Saskia said...

Lovely, bright card!

Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles!!

Saskia :)

Hope Jacare said...

Great fun card! Thanks for playing at Polkadoodles! Cheers Claire x

Wendy said...

This is a really cute card. The image is adorable, and I love the sentiment. Thanks for playing in 2RB's challenge.

Debby said...

LOL. This one makes me smile!

Brenda said...

Super cute!!! Love the image, thank you for playing with Pile It On this week.

stamprgrl said...

oh maria,
I love it... all the image...the stripes... the sentiment... all of it.

Thanks for playing w/ the Pile It On! this week!
-- dalis

Sue Ramsay said...

Thanks so much for sharing this with us over at Polkadoodles, gorgeous card. Hope to see you soon.
Sue

Dawn B. said...

Maria this is so cute. He is going to love this. Good luck on the cleaning.. I did mine about a month ago and it felt soooo good. Thanks for playing in the 2RB's challenge.

Cassie said...

this is soooo sooo cute! i love polka dots! thanks for playing last week at 2RB! I hope you'll join in the sketch challenge this week too!

MJ said...

Oh my goodness this is too cute! I love the image and the sentiment on the inside is great! Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch this week-your card rocks!

PaperCrafty said...

Super cute card Maria!! Love the inside. Thanks for playing along with us at TPE this week!!

Sheri
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/