*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




September 6, 2009

Perfect Card for Today

I thought this would be a perfect card for a relaxing Sunday!
The weather has been gorgeous all week long and continues today!


This is one of the brand spanking new images Toni released last night at The Digi Shack SNR party! I made this card for the speed challenge....however, I missed the deadline! I was searching thru cyberspace for the perfect digi paper and found way too much to look at! lol Obviously, I get sidetracked too easily!!!

Can you believe this gorgeous Adirondak chair was only a $1....isn't that totally cool?!! AND, last night Toni also made a BIG announcement....that all her images will now only be a $1 except, of course, the sets and Lanis! Way to go Toni!!!! Click HERE to read about it!!!

I finally decided on was this dotted gold/cream DP at Crisdam Designs called fall fun! I thought it coordinated nicely with my burnt orange textured cs! The sentiment is CG and layered on a dark burgandy cs, the raffia and leaf brad are from my stash. KJ has these colors for the Color Chef challenge this week! yay! They work well for a fall card!

*********************************
Well, yesterday was a day for us to cut and store some firewood for the coming season...can you believe we'll be cranking up the woodstoves in a few weeks!! Usually we start burning season around the end of Sept...just at night to take the chill off! But who knows this year, it has been such a peculiar summer!!!
Praying Peace, Joy and much Love over you! Blessings!

18 comments:

Paula said...

This is fabulous Maria love the chair image.
Paula xxxx

Danni said...

First congrats on the DT position for Vicki's new blog! Fun!
Very nice card and yes, so appropriate for a relaxing Sunday!

Holly said...

Great card Maria! Too bad you missed the deadlilne. I am soo ready for the weather to get cool enough for a fire! Enjoy your Sunday!

maxine said...

This is a fantastic card Maria, the chair looks very relaxing and inviting. I hope you have had a lovely weekend take care maxine

Allison said...

This is lovely Maria...so cool that the image is uncolored! Great masculine card!

Donna said...

Hi Maria, I love this card! The raffia looks fabulous with this image and papers. It feels like autumn here already, the wind is blowing and I can smell autumn in the air, people think I'm strange when I say that lol but there is a smell to autumn isn't there? Isn't there? lol, maybe its just in Ireland hehe. Hugs Donna x

Alanna said...

What a great card Maria. I love that image. I hope your day of chopping wood went well. How fun to have a stove like that.

Jessica G. said...

Great image and impressive price! I love adirondak chairs; they are the perfect place to sit back and enjoy life. The raffia adds the perfect outdoorsy feel, too!

jacque4u2c said...

This is such a relaxing card!

Rose said...

great stamp!! and it is perfect for my weather today also :) $ stamps?? will check it out now :)

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

what a super card and i hope your relaxing. you could put a coaster on the arm for a glass of wine - LOL.

have a fabulous weekend.

hugs,

NatashaMay said...

Great sentiment. We all should do that more. :)

MrsMomma said...

*sigh* makes me want to sit down with a cup of lemonade and a good book. Too bad I have to do laundry. :S Great card!!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

What a great card! and I love the touch of raffia! very nice!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Maria.

Hugs Riet.x

Donna said...

This card is so cool Maria, love the image and papers and the fab taffeta you have used, very rustic indeed :) Donna x

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW!! Maria, this is just gorgeous hun!! I love the fun image, your colors and the wonderful details you've added!! Perfect idea for today my way too!! I'm loving this weather!! :) TFS!! HUGS

Jen said...

Hey Maria, what a relaxing creation... makes me wanna kick back in my back yard and enjoy the sunset!! Great job!!

Hugs,
Jen