*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




September 2, 2009

Super Fast, Super Easy Baby Card

Ever need a baby card fast...like you didn't know for almost nine months that you would need a baby card! lol Well, categorize this one under 10 mins and that's with checking my challenge notes! I even goofed putting the strip up to high so I punched dots out for the bottom!

I used SU! brass stencil and a sunlit window instead of a light box! I did remember to glitter!...and take a photo obviously! lol So, what do you think???

When I grabbed this giraffe I thought of a challenge I saw a while back! Susannah Iredale had an idea for a challenge to inspire beginner stampers....that challenge is long over but I think I'll share my card which could easily be made by a fresh starting stamper....with or w/0 the dry embossing!

The Challenges!
Stamp Set Challenge (over)~Wild About You set!
Getting Creative w/Ann~use stencils.
Paper Cutz chall~colors/baby.
Sweet & Sassy~sketch.
A Spoonful of Sugar~distressing.
Stampin' for the Weekend~baby.
ABC~circles.
**********************************************************

There is always so much going on in blogland....


First off....
My fellow DT sister, Erin from Scrap, Stamp and Be Merry has a request....

Looking for some help please ladies

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some help here. For those of you who read my last post, I mentioned briefly of the condition of my neighbor. She, Paige age 12, was in a serious boating accident a few weeks ago and just had part of her arm amputated. The doctors are working to save the rest, nut are unsure how much they can do. Here is a link to the article that describes it more in detail. Included in the article it mentions they've run out of room for flowers and stuffed animals, but cards are welcome. Well my family and I really wanted to do something and I thought amazing cards from all you wonderful ladies would be just what could cheer Paige up. She is one of those girls that ALWAYS wore a smile. CLICK ON THE 'LOOKING FOR HELP' TITLE AND READ MORE!

********************************************
NEW CHALLENGE BLOG

Have you been introduced to the new Saturday Spotlight Hidden Potential Challenge Blog???
Vicki Parson from Stamped Smiles is starting a new challenge blog called Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential How cool is that?? How would you like to be one of her Spotlight Divas, she's looking for 3-5 more designers!!!

There is also some HUGE candy involved just for helping spread the word!!! Pop over to the new blog and read more....

*****************************************************************
More DT calls...

Something Completely Different challenge blog is looking for 2 DTs! (Sept 4th)

Whiff of Joy is looking for Guest Designers! (Sept 19th)

Digital Delights by Louby Loo is looking for some new DT members! (Sept 28th)

Sketch Saturday challenge blog needs new DT members! (Sept 14th)

The brand new Crafty Calendar Challenge needs a DT! (Sept 15th)

Inspirational Card Sketches is looking for some new DT members! (Sept 18th)

Creative Clear Stamps is looking for a new DT for fall! (Sept 15th)

The Character Cafe
is looking for a new DT! (Sept 20th)

The Pixie Cottage
is having a DT call! (Sept 15th)

Queen Kat Designs
is looking for some Royal Stamping Maids (Sept 15th)

**********************************************************************

Well, that should keep you busy for awhile! I should have told you to grab a pencil and paper! Oh and while I'm linking you to blogland...
I have recently received these awards from these super talented, fabulous ladies!


Nilla of Live It-Scrap It

Natasha of Bolhin Svet

Ellie of Live*Laugh*Love

and
Merrigan Bee of Crafts by Bee
They are well worth a visit! Their blogs are filled with inspiration! Thanks you very much ladies, I appreciate you thinking of me. It makes my heart smile!
Blessings!

21 comments:

MrsMomma said...

I have that SU! stamp set and LOVE it! Your card is sooo pretty! Great job! Thanks for the links.. that is sooo awful about that little girl. :( Congrats on your bloggy awards!

Holly said...

I love your card! The glittered dots on the giraffe and the distressed edges are wonderful touches! Thanks for passing on the info about Paige.

Rose said...

ok this is too much info for my brain to take in as i just woke up and need to go to work!!! lol such a cute card and wow! 10mins!! :)

Donna said...

Well for a quick 10 minute make Maria, this card is brilliant, I love the combination of colours and the girrafe is so cute....love the embossing too, looks so effective :) Donna x

NatashaMay said...

Lovely card and congrats on all awards. :)

Crystal said...

Maria WOW girl I LOVE how you did that giraffe and its spots....this is soooo fun and super cute!! Huge congrats on those awards too!

Kimmi said...

Beautiful card. Love the image - The embossed circles are lovely too! Great quick card!

Thank you for playing along with us again this week at Stampin' for the Weekend. WE hope you had fun and that you come back and join us for more challenge soon. Good Luck.

Kimmi x

Vicki said...

Hi Maria, what a super cute Giraffe, lovely cheery colour scheme and the distressed edges look brill. Well done on fitting this card into so many challenges and thank you for playing along with this weeks SFTW challenge, good luck, look forward to you joining in again xx vicki xx

Debby said...

10 minutes! I wish! It's a super great card. The post probably took you longer I'm guessing. Thanks for sharing all the info.

sophiesmama said...

Great card Maria! Thanks so much for joining us for Paper Cutz Challenge # 6!
Hugs,
Mary

Nancy said...

Great card, Maria:O) Love the colours, and the giraffe is super cute.
Thank you for joining us at SFTW this week, good luck!
Nancy;O)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a cute Giraffe Maria!! Love your cheerful colors!!
Way to combine all those challenges!!!
hugs and blessings,
Chris

Deb Neerman said...

Love the card, Maria!!! I'm all about simple but this one is super-cute, too!

Congrats on the awards; you deserve girlfriend!!

Erin... said...

Thanks for spreading the word about Paige! Cute card too!!

Vanja said...

Hi Maria! This is a fabulous card! I love the cute image and all the distressing.
Thanks for joining us at SFTW! :)
Vanja

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh wow lady!!! So much packed into one post!! ;) First of all your "quick and easy" card just looks so adorable to me!! I love it!!! The added dots are too cute!!

Secondly, I thank you SO MUCH for helping to spread the word!! I'm honored to have your help and I'm so excited and look forward to this new and fun adventure!! HUGS

Korin said...

I think it's a great card, not too simple at all. Thanks for playing along with The Sweet Stop sketch! This week's is up now and it's wonderful! I hope you will join us again!

Hugs,
Korin

Dawn said...

aww love your giraffe -- sweet card

thanksor joining us on ABC

Dawn

Justine said...

Long but very informative post Maria, thanks for all the info on DT searches. I'm so sorry to hear about you neighbor. My prayers are with her family. Not sure if you saw my blog candy for my 40th birthday, I am still going through comments and visiting all the blogs to thank folks for taking the time to come out for the blog hop. BTW, thank you for coming to support us.
Hugz

Ann said...

Maria this is a perfect baby card! And I love that you did in 10 minutes!! Thanks for playing along this week!

Deedee Anderson said...

What a wonderful baby card! I love all the different kinds of dots and the fun bright colors. Thanks for playing along with us at the Sweet Stop this week! I am so sorry to hear about poor little Paige -- I will add her to my prayers.