*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




October 1, 2009

Digital Tuesday Challenge card

Hope your week is going well...the weekend is soon here! Have you played along with the Digital Tuesday Challenge yet???? The theme this week, chosen by our lovely Paula, is simply to add a heart to your digital creation! Easy peasy, right? Our sponsor is Digital Stamp Oasis....so I used my favorite little Sammy Squirrel!

When I chose this Sammy holding his nut, I knew I had the perfect sentiment for it! (Clear Dollar Stamps-Just Nutty set)
Sammy's colored with prisma pencils, the papers are all SU! brown, artichoke solid and in DSP (brads too!) Do you see the little heart I attached by the sentiment? It was originally silver in color, but I used Smooch-molasses colored-to paint it! I absolutely love that stuff!!!!

The sketch is from Lili of the Valley, isn't it great? The ladies @ Flourishes Timely Tuesday challenge wanted us to use the out-of-the-box technique, where the image breaks the border! Polka Doodles challenge was to color a digi, while The Pink Elephant's was to include a tag, punch and dots (my brads)! Die cuts/punched shapes were the required item for the Dare U 2 Digi and the One Stop Craft challenge this week! Another clean and simple card! It will be given to my lovable hubby when he least expects it! lol I hope you're able to play along with us this week @ Digital Tuesday !!!

****************

I wanted to share a wonderful candy offer from Chris Olsen@ Twinkles Glow with Stamps

This picture is only part of it!!! Pop over to Chris' blog, wish her a belated happy birthday and check out her awesome candy offer!



**************On the homefront***************

We had a beautiful autumn day, cool temps and sunshine! It was a kitchen kinda day! I had Sons #1 & #2 with me...oh, they're going to make wonderful husbands one day! lol The oven was on all day and the we even pulled out the bread machine! Cinnamon raisin bread.....yea, it's gone already! lol My #2 son loves grape jelly, so I had him make some. It's actually called grape butter....it's delicious and spreads like butter! The recipe is easy peasy, so if you have Concord grapes available in your area....take 8 cups grapes, 6 cups of sugar and 6 Tablespoons of water, put them in a Teflon pot, mash them together, bring to a boil.....boil for 20 mins. Using a food mill, grind the grape mixture over a big bowl. Pour it in containers and store in the frig! We didn't can any this time...it too will be devoured in no time, especially with that homemade bread!!! Four teens=never enough food! lol

Praying peace, joy and much love over each of you! Blessings!!!

18 comments:

Rose said...

such a cute little squirel and the sentiment is perfect!! :0) sounds like you had a great day :0)

treesawardincrafts said...

Maria, this is just a lovely card. I had fun finding the heart. I couldn't find it at first and then I did Yay! - I like playing games. LOL

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a lovely card to match the Fall Maria!! Great coloring and design! The sentiment is perfect!

Sounds like an awesome family day! how cozy and fun!!

Thanks for sharing my candy. I would love to send those goodies to you.

hugs,
Chris

Nilla said...

What a nutty little sweet thing! Love the card, Maria! Have a great weekend! Hugs Nilla

Jill said...

beautiful card Maria I love the cute little squirrel, thanks for your lovely comments love and hugs Jill xx

Alanna said...

What a cute card Maria. That squirrel is darling. I hope you have a great Friday.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh wow!! This is just too darn cute Maria!! :) I love that fun image and your layout is just great!! Love your take on the challenge!! HUGS

Donna said...

Love this card Maria, such a sweet squirrel and the sentiment is perfect, fab papers too :) it sounds like you are a bit of a domestic goddess at the moment Maria, you are putting me to shame lol! :) Donna x

Holly said...

I almost missed the heart! Cute little squirrel, and I love the designer paper you used.
The grape butter sounds heavenly; especially on homemade bread!

Elena said...

Oh, what a cute card! I love this sentiment!
Oh, I think I can smell the bread! Your kids are so lucky to have Mom like you, Maria!

Sharon said...

Fabulous card Maria. That squirrel is so sweet and the papers are beautiful. The recipe sounds delicious.
Oh - good luck for tomorrow's debut!
Thanks for joining the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Sharon xx

Shirley said...

That is just precious! I love everything you did, right down to that cute little heart on your label!

Chris said...

Gorgeous card Maria and such a sweet image. Your colouring and design are beautiful, love the paper too. Your grape jelly sounds wonderful and if I could get concord grapes I would try it, you're making me feel hungry here :)!! Well done on getting all those challenges, that's immense!! Hugs to you and glad you could join us at DU2DS this time. Chris :)

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Your creation is so adorable Maria and your grape butter sounds wonderful ... I'll have to give this a try!! YUM!

Ann said...

Love this design Maria. good luck in the draw.
Ann xxx

PaperCrafty said...

Very cute card Maria!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant this week!!

Sheri

Deb Neerman said...

Tooooooooo cute; love it!!

Sandra said...

Your hubby will love this card!! Brilliant. Thanks for joining us on Dare U 2 Digi Stamp.
Sandra x