*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




October 7, 2009

Doodle Palace New Release Day!

Happy Wednesday! Today is new release day at the Doodle Palace....every Wednesday Robin & Dee show us their awesome talent with new images!!! I had so much fun creating two very different cards for this release!!
This first one uses the DP mushroom....I just fell in love with this mushroom......I know, it's an inanimate object and it can't love me back.....and yet......

...I just think there's something about a polka dotted mushroom! lol I used prisma markers and the sentiment is hand written! I scored a border line on either side of the narrow ribbon...can you see it?

Another new image being released today is this sweet DP fairy! I thought she would be lovely on a girly girl card so I went this these sparkly K&co papers! The sketch is from Cutie-Stampers challenge blog! I used copics, prismas and SU! markers and diamond dusted her wings....don't you just love winged things!!!!
Pop over to the Palace and checkout all the new releases along with the inspiration from the rest of the Palace Princesses!!!! Everyone did a smashing job!

While you're over there make sure you grab the newest DP FREEbie and play along in the Doodle Palace Tuesday challenge. Our hostess this week is Sheryl and she has come up with a wonderful challenge...
Please create a THANK YOU card using a ribbon and Sheryl's Plastic Wrap Texture Technique! Challenge Runs 10/06/09 - 10/12/09! You can enter as many times as you would like for a chance to win free digital images!!!

I hope you have the opportunity to play along!

Praying peace, joy and much love over each and every one of you!!! Blessings!!!

17 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Two beautiful cards here Maria I love the simplicity of the first one that style always makes me think 'designer card' but I also love the fairy as well you have shown them off wonderfully well.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Donna said...

Hi Maria, I see you've been playing with the glitter again and the wings looks fabulous!. Two gorgeous cards and your right...there is something cute about a polka dot mushroom lol and look at your lovely handwriting! I would have thought that was a stamp, thats one thing I avoid as I spoil my cards with my handwriting. Hope your having a lovely day. Donna x

Crystal said...

Maria these are fantastic!!! I LOVE your CAS card its sooooo cute and your fairy is soooo darn adorable! LOVE those wings!

Patti J. said...

Maria, these are both cute as can be! Wow! You rocked the CAS card! Love that mushroom (showing my age, but gosh, I used to color dotted mushrooms all the time as a teen!). It's a mushroom with 'tude'! And I do think it loves you back...

Rose said...

both are fantastic but the mushroom is by far my fav!! i can see so many uses for this cute fun-guy phun intended lol :0)

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hi Maria!! WOW!!! These are just gorgeous hun!! Those images sure are sweet, but I have to say that the fairy is just way too sweet!! Love the sparkles!! :) HUGS

Dawn B. said...

Maria these are terrific. I love the mushroom image.. The colors are great.. The second card is just as sweet as can be...hugs.

Lisa B said...

Hi Maria,

When I saw your post I just started to laugh because I didn't realize how many people love making mushroom cards like I do. I don't know why but I have always wanted to use one on a card..maybe from watching Smurfs growing up! I figured no one else would pick the mushroom so that is why I choose it. Boy was I wrong!!!
Your cards are fabulous!!!!
Hugs,
Lisa
DP fellow designer :)

Holly said...

Cute cards Maria! Your first one is just the perfect CAS card! I love the polka dotted mushroom!

Your second card is really sweet. Love the glittered wings. I think winged things like this are pretty nice, but I'm not too keen on mosquitoes and wasps!

Kiki said...

Hey Maria!

Once again fabulous cards.

Thanks for playing along at Cutie-Stampers.

Hugs, Kiki

Donna said...

Gorgeous cards Maria, I too love your little mushroom...I really should get out more lol! I can see your embossed border and it looks fab! The little fairy on your DP card is soooo sweet :) Donna x

Danni said...

That little mushroom is an image I'd never know what to do with but wow, you made it into such a cute card!! Love the little fairy..so cute!

Heather the Mooselover said...

Your coloring is divine. I love that fairy but that mushroom caught my eye immediately.

Deb Neerman said...

Love 'em both .. especially the CAS-mushroom card!! Your l'il fairy is just adorable with her sparkly wings ... great job!!

Gypsy said...

I like your card with the little fairy.

Many greetings
Reni

Alanna said...

Great cards Maria. The mushroom card is so simple and cute and your fairy card is so sparkly. And I love pink and green together.

Dreja said...

Hallo Maria,

deine Karte ist wundervoll geworden. Deine Umsetzung meines Sketches gefällt mir sehr gut.

Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei den Cutie Stampers.

Liebe Grüße

Dreja