*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




October 8, 2009

Get your sunglasses out....

...I used yellow! Yo-yo yellow! I don't know about you but I would have named this cardstock color, 'Wow, that's really bright yellow'!....guess that's why Stampin' Up! didn't ask me!!!

The text is CG and from one of my favorite praise songs (see below)! I love praise service at our church, especially when the whole congregation starts dancing and be-bopping to one of the songs....there's clapping, arms waving in the air, flags/banners flowing and dancing, a wonderful way to celebrate the Lord!!! So when I saw these cute little critters (a FREEbie from Squigglefly), I thought they looked awful happy and were possibly even singing and praising...see the snails little arms are raised!

I used the popping pastels technique to color both shells. Simply versamark the area of your choice and use your pastels. You can really see the difference from the rest of the pastel coloring! Thanks Ann, I haven't popped a pastel in a long time!

Here are the challenges...
Squigglefly SNR color chall~use yellow, SF image and pop something (flowers, turtle)
GCA~popped pastels.
Stampin'Sisters in Christ~show how the earth rejoices.
Scrap & Stamp~quote.
Color Combos Galore~dk green, green, yellow, white.
Card Patterns~sketch, though I veered.
Charisma Cardz~a recipe.

Don't forget, the next Squigglefly Digi Day is coming up on Sat., Oct 17th over @ Card Universe to celebrate the new releases! we always have so much fun!
Hope your having a great week....the weekend is just about here! yay! Abundant Blessings!!!


20 comments:

Holly said...

Maria, when I saw this on card universe I didn't know what you popped up! Now I see you say the turtle and the flowers are popped up. I think you could even count the poppin pastels technique as a pop! LOL!
I just love your take on the image! The little snail does look like he's raising his arms in praise!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i like your name better than the yo-yo yellow! and i love that verse. good thing i had my sunglasses on too - LOL

fabulous card!

hugs,

Patti J. said...

I'm going to be singing all night while I have a cold compress on my sore eyes.... just kidding! Great card, and awesome song! Love them both!

Heather said...

Your brave to use that yellow. But it's turned out really cute!!

Crystal said...

Maria this is sooo adorable, love the colors!

Rose said...

oh this is a fantastic "rejoicing" card !!! bright and fun and happy :0) worshiping the Lord in song is one of my fav things, good thing the scripture says "make a joyful noise" not a beautiful one as i cant carry a tune lol

Jessica G. said...

The yellow definitely makes a happy background for these cheerful buddies -- they are the perfect accompaniment to an uplifting praise song!

Donna said...

Oh Maria Stampin' up should really employ you for colour naming lol, I could just imagine saying "....and today we are using Wow thats really bright yellow".
The yellow is bright but beautiful with the black ribbon, I think yellow is such a happy colour and perfect with the verse and cute image. Enjoy your day. Donna x

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh now how cool is this!!! I love the sunny bright yellow you've used and the verse for the center!! You really rocked with the challenge and image girl!! So sweet!!! HUGS

Sandra said...

Hi Maria! great card. I used to love boppin' around to this song at my church too.
Hugs
Sandra x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love that song too!! Your critters sure so look happy!! The background of yellow makes everything pop!! Very cute and pretty creation Maria!!

Pamela said...

This is awesome! I love it!

Danni said...

What a bright happy card! Wonderful job!

whoistracy said...

Very sweet Maria! I agree with you on renaming this color- boy is that bright! LOL So glad you could join us on CP.

coldwaters2 said...

Maria it is wonderful I love that colour and that verse as the major focal point is fabulous I love it.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Donna said...

Fantastic card Maria, I think I prefer your name for this colour card stock its fab lol! Beautiful card again, love the embossing and the beautiful verse, such a sweet little turtle too! Hope you have a fab weekend :) Donna x

michele said...

gorgeous maria hugs mx

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Awwww.......this is adorable!!

Candace said...

This is wonderful! Such a great card! Thanks for playing in our challenge at SSCC!

Kristine said...

I LOOOVE THIS! Those little critters look so happy and look like their rejoicing with their heads held high! :) GREAT JOB!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at SSCC this week!!