*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




October 26, 2009

Gingerbread Anyone?

Look, I almost made a Christmas card! lol Can you see the fall trees in the background?? I'm very much enjoying this autumn season!! This sweet [yummy] little gingerbread couple is from the most recent release by The Doodle Palace! Such fun!


I have used SU! hunter green, real red and white! I didn't have a gingerbread Copic so I used my Prisma marker in sienna! A CAS card! I think I'll use this card as a holiday thank you, something to give to a lovely hostess along with a little gift when invited to a holiday party! Susie Sugar is starting a new monthly challenge blog called Susie's Sassy Challenge! I just love the idea of a sassy challenge, don't you?! And a monthly one at that...plenty of time to play along! Well, she's looking for a designer and I'm putting my name in the hat! I would love to work with this talented lady! She already has some creative ladies joining her Vikki and Tracy, so the inspiration will surely flow! I'm getting this card in under the wire, especially because of the time difference! But I only found out about the new challenge blog recently! Check out Sassy Designs for all the details!
The challenges...
Crazy 4 Challenges~3 diff. shapes...rec/oval/circles
Easy Breezy Kewl color chall~colors/Christmas.
Res-Q-Challenge~buttons.
Crafty Catz~buttons or brads.

I hope you all had a fabulous Monday! Blessings!

28 comments:

Susie Sugar said...

Wow Maria what a cute card I just love Ginger bread people in craft
and your card is stunning
Thank you fir joining in my search for a new DT
Love Susie xx

Beth said...

Maria this is so cute I love gingerbread boy images so sweet.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Look at these sweet little gingerbread!! Too cute!! Great coloring and design Maria!!
hugs and blessings,
Chris

Nilla said...

I want one, oh they are gorgeous! Love the whole card!! Hugs Nilla

Danni said...

Oh my!This image is just the sweetest!! What a cute card!

Holly said...

Super cute! They look so fat and happy! This will make a wonderful holiday thank you! You don't need luck wishes for your DT application, but I'll give it to you anyway.

Patti J. said...

Wow Maria, this is one very cute card! Those gingerbread folks are makin' me smile all over my face! Great card!!! Your sienna is beautiful!

Donna said...

Super sweet little card Maria, these little gingerbread guys are such a sweet couple and the papers is te perfect backdrop! Good luck with your DT entry :) Donna x

Rose said...

well this is just the sweetest card ever! :0)

June Renee' said...

This card is just super sweet!!

Crystal said...

AWWW Maria thsi is soooo CUTE!!! LOVE this image, what a fantastic Holiday card!

msfreida said...

HOW ADORABLE! You did a fabulous job coloring these lil guys! LOVE your DP too! I agree, these would make AWESOME thank yous! Sooo super cute! :)

I know when they see your creations, they will be begging you to join the team! ; )

Your scenery looks like God has been busy with His paintbrush! This is my favorite time of year and He ALWAYS amazes me with His beauty. I'm just in awe! ; )

Hugs~

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

This is so sweet. I just love gingerbread people.

Julie said...

This is just too cute... tfs and playing at Easy Breezy:-)

Julie - kewlstamps-n-more

Joy said...

I love it! I love gingerbread people and I love the fall, although we don't see too much fall weather here. The only thing that really speaks of fall is that our chrysanthemums have started to bloom again.
Cute card! I really do like it a lot.

Catherine said...

Now this card is just fab ! I have a "passion" for gingerbread people (the real stuff and the one you can't eat...) and I adore your card !

Elena said...

What an aodrable card! This gingerbread couple is so sweet! Really like the papers you chose for this card!

naturecoastcrafter said...

I love them, Maria. They are just the cutest little gingerfolk! Great job on the Resq challenge this week. (I almost want a picture of just the outside trees changing from your window. Beautiful)

Shirley said...

Beautiful and adorable at the same time!! Love those brads too!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Maria
A fabulous card,love the image ,thankyou for playing along at CraftyCatz,
Hugs Dianne xx

Poppy said...

Your little ginger people are so sweet, Maria. I love the background paper you chose and the green buttons are the perfect touch! Thanks for playing the Res-Q Challenge this week!

Denise said...

Gosh those gingerbread guys are just too cute! Great job as always Maria! Thanks for playing along!

Debby said...

This is so dang cute and I love love love the glitter in the buttons. clever.

Jessica G. said...

Awesome CAS card with these cute, cute gingerbread people! It looks like pure Christmas to me!!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh wow!! Maria, this is just adorable!! I so love these gingerbread people!! What cuties and your coloring looks wonderful!! TFS! HUGS

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

I just LOVE everything about this cute creation!! Great job!

carol said...

hi..what a cute card, love those two little men, thanks for joining in with Crafty Catz this week, x carol

Andrea M said...

The gingerbread people are beyond cute!!! And so yummy looking...mmmm. I love gingerbread at Christmas. Great card!