*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




October 19, 2009

A Shy Bear Thanksgiving

Hello and Happy Monday! Hope you enjoyed your weekend!
Today is Squigglefly challenge day, yay! This week the lovely Rhonda challenged us to make a Thanksgiving card with some of the new SF sentiments.

I chose to use this sweet Shy Bear Bountiful Blessing image! He's colored with Copics, Prismas and SU! markers. The cs & DP are all from SU!....I love the pumpkin pie orange...not too bright! The wee brown dots on the lower corner are buttons, they were white so I painted them with Smooch (molasses color) to match! The stitching is faux! The sentiment is the Happy Thanksgiving sentiment I used in it's entirety the other day on this card...



I altered it a bit for my Shy Bear card....don't ya just love digis!!!!

Here are the challenges...
Squigglefly Monday Challenge~Thanksgiving card w/sentiment.
SNR Squigglefly Digi Day challenge~any SF image.
Created by Hand~Harvest Time.
Scrap & Stamp~Thankful.
ILDI Co.Creative chall~stitching.
Cuttlebug Chall~fall colors/embossing!
Three Clovers~nature.
Unscripted Sketches~the sketch.
Crazy Amigos~buttons & knots.
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamp chall~buttons.

So grab your Squigglefly images and play along! Don't own any????? There are some new FREEbies over @ the store! There's also a 99 cent bin and remember we just had a new release on Sat......so there are bunches of new images to choose from!!!!

*******On the Homefront********
We had a blast on Saturday making saurkraut with friends. We have enough for a whole year!!! Of course it needs to sit and ferment for about two months first....so some will be ready to eat for New Year's day! The traditional pork & saurkraut meal with mashed potatoes of course! yum! Does anyone else have that meal on January 1st????

I'm trying to take Sundays off, break away from the computer anyhow...so I'll be visiting you all today to see what you've done over the weekend! Have a fantastical day! Blessings!!!

31 comments:

Donna said...

Hi Maria, beautiful card as always, I'm a huge pumpkin pie fan too and love it with chocolate chip, lol starting to make myself hungry now! Your faux stitching is fabulous, I really did think you must use a sewing machine! Do you prick your paper first then use a pen? maybe thats where I'm going wrong as I don't prick my paper. I don't think I've had saurkraut before, though i think its a german dish and I lived in germany for 13 years lol, maybe I have had it but didn't know what it was, I was young then lol. Have a lovely day hun whatever your doing. Hugs Donna x

Nilla said...

Beautiful cards!!! So cute image! Hugs Nilla

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Very cute....love the paper and the layout and especially the buttons. Thanks for joining in our Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps challenge!

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Maria I do love these bears,Hugs Debbie x

msfreida said...

Isn't it funny how different parts of the country have their own unique way to bring the new year in? Down south, we HAVE to have black-eyed peas (for luck) and turnip greens (for money), and I had a heck of a time finding them when we lived in CA! LOL

Your card is SOOO BEAUTIFUL! What a FABULOUS job you did coloring this GORGEOUS image...check out those highlights and shadows! AWESOME! Your embossed layer is perfect! The stitching, buttons, and distressing really complete the card! FANTASTIC job, Maria! :)

Hugs~

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

I just love these images and your coloring is awesome!!! Both cards are lovely ... great job!!

Patti J. said...

Wow Maria - great card! Can't believe you got so many challenges with one card - you absolutely ROCK, my friend! When I grow up I wanna be just like you!

Donna said...

This is just the sweetest thanksgiving card Maria, the image is perfect and well done you for altering the sentiment...I agree that digi's are brilliant to be able to do this! Sounds like you had a busy weekend....I've never tasted saurkraut but you've got me wondering now lol! :) Donna x

Yogi said...

beautiful cards. Thanks for joining us over at Created by Hand

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

fabulous card!!!

being of polish descent.... my grandmother used to make sauerkraut (or kapusta as we called it) and we'd have it with kielbasa! i still love sauerkraut. but homemade..... it's to die for!

hugs,

Jenny said...

Oh how cute! I love the colours and that image is adorable! Thanks for playing our Ildi Co challenge :)

Holly said...

Love your card Maria! Your coloring is wonderful, and great use of the sentiment!
I only have sauerkraut on polish sausage, but on January 1st it's tradition to have black eyed peas. You always have to leave at least one pea on your plate for good luck in the coming year!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Maria hope today finds you well and happy but then looking at this card it should make everyone smile aren't they just totally adorable those Shy Bears .....Love your colours and design.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hi Maria!! WOW!! This is just adorable!! I really LOVE the colors on your creation and the fun sentiment is perfect!! :) HUGS

Liz said...

Maria,
What a great imagine love your take on the sketch
Beautiful card

maxine said...

Fantastic cards Maria, I love your stitching great work.

Rosanne said...

Love both cards!

Danni said...

Wonderful card!! Just so nice!
yummy, I haven't had sauerkraut for ages, sounds delish!

Jodi said...

such an adorable image!! You have colored him to sweetly!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Alanna said...

Wow Maria, this is so gorgeous. What a great image.

Jessica G. said...

Sweet image with awesome coloring; it really pops against the orange! Wonderful stitching, too!!

Sarah said...

That image is darling and colored to perfection! Loving that orange sooo fall!
Thanks for playing along with our sketch at Unscripted this week!
Sarah M
Unscripted DT

Deb Neerman said...

Sooooooo beautiful and beautifully colored. Love it, Maria!

Allison said...

Oh that first one is triple-fun! And the second one is really elegant...great job!

Cindy said...

Wonderful cards!! Good to see you at Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot.

Cindy

Elena said...

Beautiful card! I loved the embossed panel you added!
Wish I could live closer to you, so I can try your saukraut! ;)

Dawn B. said...

This is very pretty. I love the cornicopia. Such an icon for the Thanksgiving season..Your coloring is beautiful. Great job. I just won some of their images and can't wait to color them up..

Nicola said...

Wowee your colouring is fabulous on this super sweet image Maria and your orange dp is gorgeous.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Steph said...

Beautiful cards! Love your take on this weeks US sketch. So glad you joined us again this week Maria!

dstandard said...

What a pretty card - I love the sweet image!

Debby said...

I really love those shy bears. They are really easy to color. Thank goodness. I'm coloring challenged. Love your card. Incredibly gorgeous as always.