*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




November 4, 2009

Have a Grrrrrrrreat Birthday!

Click HERE if you're looking for the 'Spread the Love for Jaimie' Blog Hop!

Happy Wednesday...we're half way there! Today is release day at Doodle Palace and I'm just lovin' these newest images! Checkout this little lion, isn't he the sweetest?!

Coloring was done with Copics & Prismas. I used molasses Smooch, pearlized ink, on the mane to add depth and shimmer, I love, love, love this stuff!!!! The sentiment is from The Cutting Cafe-all occasion circle words-and I colored gold around it to appear as a second layer! I didn't have the right colored brads so I made my faux brads with a hole punch and shimmered them with some more Smooch!! Pretty clean & simple masculine birthday card!!

Doodle Palace
will be releasing their new images later today, including this sweet Lion!

Here are a few challenges...
Tree House Stamps~colors.
Stamp Something~cute & fuzzy.
Polka Doodles~masculine card & brads.
Cupcake Craft Chall~sketch.
The Pink Elephant~color recipe.

*****************

  • Mark your calendars for Saturday, November 7th for the Three's A Charm blog hop! Three stamp companies coming together for fun, inspiration and prizes! How exciting!!!!

*****************

It's really been busy in the Matter household and I'm falling behind in blogland...but I will be around to visit all of you when I can! Gosh, I thought when all the kids were old enough to feed themselves life would get easier! lol Apparently, that is not the case! Creating my own homeschool transcripts for the kids is all new to me....so I'm still on the computer but researching and reading.....not creating and commenting! lol It's all good though and I'll get it all sorted soon!! :)
Praying Peace over you and your house! Many Blessings!!!

32 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

AWW!! Maria, this is just ADORABLE hun!! I love your image and your coloring!! Thanks for playing with us at Whimsy!! HUGS

Lisa B said...

Maria!
This card is adorable! I printed them out to use the lion as my DT project but I got side tracked with the little dog image.

By the way, I live in Carlisle PA is that anywhere near you?

Hugs,
Lisa

Holly said...

cute card Maria, and best of luck to you in your home schooling stuff. I am in awe of women who do this!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

now this is very sweet! i can't stop awwwwwww ing!

hugs,

treesawardincrafts said...

Home schooling, and a marvellous crafter too. You are just too good for words. Thanks for popping by the other day by the way.

Daniela said...

So adorable!

chercroppin said...

Too cute Maria! Darling image, colored beautifully!

And I know what you mean about transcripts! I homeschooled my kids and after paying someone to do their transcripts, she skipped out...now I have to do them myself, and am needless to say, rather intimidated by the task! Best wishes on that, let me know how it goes!

maxine said...

This is lovely Maria and the image is so cute.

Donna said...

Hi Maria, this is a rip 'roaring' card, love the fab papers, so perfect for this cute, sweet fella, love your colouring too! Well done you for resisting blogging whilst you are working on school stuff...you must have lots of willpower! :) Donna x

stampingangel said...

This is so cute. I love lions and this one is adorable. I homeschool also. This is my last year after 22 years.

bumblebee creations said...

I finally grabbed my blog award--thank you so very much! What a sweet card! Love that cute little image

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a cute lion!! I love your coloring!! Cute, Cute!! I am behind on commenting too. I am trying to wrap up my first quarter reports, start my girls on the second quarter and write up my reports for the district. Hard to do it all at once so it may be my weekend project.

Hugs,
Chris

Sparkle said...

Your lion is just adorable! Such a cute card!

Julia said...

Great card! I love the lion and the autumn colors!

msfreida said...

This is SOOO adorable,Maria! What an AWESOME job you did with your coloring...love that Smooch effect! Perfect DPs and fabulous sketch too!

I tip my hat to you for home-schooling! What an impact you will make on your children in more ways than one! Best of luck to ya!
;)

Hugs~

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

I know I've already commented on this hun...but it's cute and fuzzy too!! :) Thanks for playing with us at Stamp Something this week!!HUGS

MrsK said...

This is card is soo cute, i love it espically the lion image its fab and your colour scheme is top notch

Sal xx

Jessica G. said...

Adorable little lion! And this card is a great masculine card, perfect for the big and little guys!!

Debbie said...

Ahhhh this is such a cutie Maria,Hugs Debbie x

POPPET said...

Hi honey i am loving this one the best i have such a soft spot for Lions gorgeous creation big hugs pops x

Ann said...

Great card Maria - love the layout -and everything about this.
Ann xxx
TPE

Justine said...

Adorable image Maria, love what you have done with this cute little guy

Rose said...

this is such a cutie!! fantastic coloring :0)

Micki said...

Ohhh what a cute card and isn't this blog hop just the best??? Jaimie is going to love it!!!!!

Jodi said...

Oh so cute! I love the coloring you did and the great layout you used too!! Cute lion!
Hugs
Jodi =)

tina said...

He is, indeed, the sweetest & perfect for our challenge. Thanks for creating with us at TPE :)

Elena said...

He is so precious! What a great layout you created, Maria!

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles with this great card!!

Saskia :)

Liza said...

Great card Maria. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Tip Top said...

Such a cute image! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Shirley said...

A really wonderful lion!

Nicola said...

Gorgeous card Maria, wonderful colouring and beautiful paper.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-