*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




November 25, 2009

The Holidays are upon us...

Happy Wednesday! Well, as of tomorrow, the holidays are officially upon us, what fun! Are you ready...I'm not! lol

Today I have my last Squigglefly card as a design team member, our term ends tomorrow!! boohoo, I have adored this brilliant team of ladies and am happy to have made so many wonderful friends along the way! {squishy hugs} to all my DT sistahs!!!


I love the new Shy Bear images, artist Lynne Stansbery does an excellent job with these little fellows which makes coloring oh so easy!!!! I used Copics & SU! markers for coloring. I sponged a bit of SU! old olive ink in the shady places of the packages and to 'dim' the saffron yellow. The DP is K&co (Christmas Cheers) with gold embossing...gorgeous! I've also added gold gel pen highlights on the image here and there and the image panel is mounted on gold cs (Metallics-Paper Adventures). Another CAS card because I didn't want to cover up anymore of the DP!

My posts will be sporadic over the next few days with Thanksgiving and the weekend...so I would like to wish you all a BLESSED THANKSGIVING for those in the U.S and a happy, relaxing weekend to everyone else! Enjoy your day! Blessings!!

21 comments:

Holly said...

Maria, this is so cute! I agree that you did the best thing keeping it simple because the designer paper is wonderful. Love your coloring!

Wishing you and your family a very blessed Thanksgiving!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER!! Maria, you've done a brilliant job with Shy Bear!!! What a fabulous image and wowzer that ornament paper is soooo beautiful!! :) Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving too my friend!! HUGS

Wendy M said...

This is fab xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Maria,i love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Allison said...

soo adorable, what a cute bear
AllisonX

Donna said...

Hi Maria, sorry I've not been around much this week, I'v not been feeling too bright and didn't feel much like blogging :( this little card is so adorable, the papers are scrummy and the image soo cute...love the lush ribbon...I hope you and family have a fantastic thanks giving :) Donna x

Elena said...

I love your gorgeous coloring, Maria! And I enjoed your cards for Squigglefly!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Patti J said...

I'm sorry that your term is up with Squigglefly, but girl, knowing you, there is another adventure right around the corner! I can't wait to see what you do next! Your card is darling! That little bear is such a delight! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. I hope that mother nature is kind to you tomorrow. One never knows in Pa. what she'll do in November!!! Hugs!

Danni said...

Such a sweet, adorable card!! Oh so cute!!

Laura - Layers of Color said...

Cute card, Maria! I especially love your choice of colors!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Rose said...

such a super cute shy bear! :0) sad to see your DT time end but look forward to seeing you on other DT's :0) have a blessed thanksgiving and NO i am not ready for the hollidays lol

Terry Oulboub said...

Awww Maria, what a great experience with the team - you're so sweet. This is such a cute card and the image is the sweetest; all shy like that. I wish you the best of the Thanksgiving Day holiday. Enjoy!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Awww...this is CUTE maria! have a great day tomorrow. ;) we are getting some SERIOUS rain here! alllllllllllll day! LOL

Allison said...

Terrificly cute Maria...love the DP choice!

KarenR said...

Gorgeous happy thanksgiving day to you

Nilla said...

Gorgeous card! Great coloring and the papers you used! Perfect! Have a great weekend! Hugs Nilla

Dawn B. said...

These images are so sweet. Everytime I see them I just smile. They are so warm and friendly. I love this.. Hope you had a terrific holiday..

maxine said...

wow so beautiful

debby4000 said...

Adorable card, fabulous colours.
luv
Debby

POPPET said...

This is really sweet love the super cute image, just peeking out, have a great weekend hugs pops x x

Beth said...

another beautiful shy bear card love it