*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




November 30, 2009

...not a creature was stirring...

Here's a fun card to start off the new week! I had a fabulous holiday and relaxing weekend, so I'm back to routine today! Lots going on this week for crafters & bloggers alike so stay tuned to this space!
Today is the last Squigglefly Challenge for this year...Squigglefly is a wonderful company that values family, so they are taking it a bit easy on everyone for the holidays! Oh, but that doesn't mean the company is taking a break on releasing new images! There will be new releases EVERY WEEK in December...how cool is that!

I had a bit of fun with this Squigglefly image from the newest release! It's call Just A Bit Longer. He's colored with pastels and the coloringbook candy cane is colored with a prisma pencil! The cardstocks are non SU scraps and the sentiment is CG!

I guess this would be filed under Non-Traditional Christmas cards! lol But it's fun to think outside the box!

Have a super duper day!!! May you be overtaken with joy today and Blessed beyond measure!!!

18 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh Maria, you are soooo very clever hun!! I just adore this!! That tiger is dreaming a sweet dream!! LOL!! Fun card!! HUGS

Holly said...

I just love this Maria. I love seeing non Christmas images used for Christmas cards. This little guy looks so content sleeping with his candy!

chercroppin said...

Hi Maria! Sooooo cute! What a perfect image for that sentiment! And I love that he's holding that candy-cane...and that grin on his face....uh huh....adorable!

Rose said...

what a sweet imiage! how cute is he holding the candycane?! :0)

Justine said...

This is a great image paired with your sentiment. Love the candy cane under his paw.

Alanna said...

How darling is this? What a great image and sentiment to go with it. Have a great Monday.

Danni said...

Awww, this is so sweet!

Nilla said...

This made me laugh! Love it, it's absolute gorgeous! Hugs Nilla

Kim Y. said...

Oh my goodness! This is totally a unique image! GREAT card!

Beth said...

OMG Maria that is one gorgeous image beautiful card.

Shelly said...

How fun!!! I love it, Maria!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Maria.

Hugs Riet.x

Terry Oulboub said...

Maria, you're so cleaver - so cute that he's holding the candy cane and not some little doe...:) I love the simple and clean style and the brads such a nice effect. Very good thinking out of the box...like that! :)

Donna said...

Oh my word Maria, this card is brilliant, such a fantastic image and I love how you have themed the card for Christmas, absolutely brilliant! :) Donna x

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

HaHA!! I love this!!

Heather said...

This is so cute! Very clever! Love the colors you used!

Elena said...

This card is so cute, Maria! Brilliant idea for creating a Christmas card! So glad you had a great time over the holidays! :)

Heather said...

This is great!! I missed the challenge this week.. I couldn't find any candy canes after I was reminded.. :(