*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




November 10, 2009

A Sliding Card for the Kids

Happy Tuesday! It's Digital Tuesday Challenge day and Anjou is hostessing this week with a wonderful theme of Holiday Wishes! I made a fun little card for a child; the elf runs across the card!


I used a newer Squigglefly image called On the Run, drawn by artist Cheryl Alger! Isn't it wonderful?! So I figured if he's on the run....he should be able to 'run'!

I simply made two slits behind the top panel, slide the ribbon through, attached the top panel to the ribbon with foam dots and layered the whole card front onto a white cardstock base careful not to type in the middle where the ribbon ran! The child can then pull the ribbon back and forward watching the elf run! Sweet, huh?
The DP is K&co, and the coloring is Copics, there's a bit of glitter added for fun! This will be a fun little reminder for a child to make their list....though what child really needs reminded!!! lol

I hope you'll be able to play along with us this week at Digital Tuesday! We love to see all the different 'takes' on the themes!!!

I was inspirated by a few challenges but honestly the card took on a mind of it's own once the elf had the need to run...
Digital Tuesday~use a digi, theme-Holiday Wishes.
Stamps & Smiles~the sketch
One Stop Craft~make a card for a child.....this is where I started!!!
Crafty Cardmakers~use a stamp & a new technique (movable image)
Crafty Creations~a pull-out feature...don't know if this qualifies, but it was fun!

Have a super duper day! Blessings!




.

30 comments:

Avril Ann said...

What a fab Idea Maria, a bit different from the bought lists from the PO, Love it, might steal it for my grandchildren, my 11 year old still plays along with me about Santa, LOL. Hugs Avril xxxxx

Rose said...

oh my this is to fun!! fantastic card :0)

Beth said...

OMG Maria is that not adorable or what what a darling image and thanks for reminding me only 44 days yikes!!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

if i tell you i'm a kid at heart, will you make one for me too?????

oh maria! leave it to you... this is absolutely fabulous!

hugs,

Holly said...

yeah, this is really cute and fun Maria!

maxine said...

wow this is great Maria, I hope you are having a lovely week Maxine x

Danni said...

How fun!! Great card!

Patti J said...

Well, aren't you smart!!! This card is SO cute!!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This card is darling Maria!! I just love the slide and that image is too cute!! Any child would love it!! Gorgeous work!!
hugs and blessings,
Chris

Dawn B. said...

This is so sweet. I love that image.. I have not seen it before.. Terrific coloring too Maria.. So cute.. I did a digital Tuesday card but didn't make it a Christmas one... hehe...

Shirley said...

Now that is really cute, Maria, and fun, and pretty too!

Gina said...

What a great idea, not only for kids, I think anyone would love that!

KarenB said...

Oh I love this! I'd love to try one of these. Thanks for visiting my blog :)

Sparkle said...

What a cute card!

Shary said...

What a great fun card, love it!!!

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Gorgeous image and papers Maria and your colouring is perfect. janex

Saskia said...

Great card!!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Elena said...

What a clever idea! I really like the moving part of this card! Beautiful coloring, Maria!

msfreida said...

What a FABULOUSLY FUN card! This ROCKS, Maria! What child wouldn't be amazed? :) Your creativity really stands out with this one, GF! LOVE this ADORABLE image!

Hugs~

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Wonderful card Maria, such a great fun idea i love it.
Love n hugs
Vikki xx

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

What a fun card! you did a great job on this!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Such a cute card and layout Maria - I love it!

Thanks for playing along with our weekly sketch challenge, hoep to see you next week! Hugs, Jennifer :)

Nilla said...

Wonderful card! So funny! and stressful, lol! Hugs Nilla

Nicola said...

Wowee I adore this image and your wonderful colouring, how fun to make a sliding card.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is adorable Maria!! The image is so cute and your coloring is PERFECT! Awesome job!

NatashaMay said...

What playful image. Perfect!

Heather said...

Oh my this so CUTE!! Love all those new images...

Shelley said...

Sorry a quick visit, I have been ill all week. But many thanks for joining in with the OSCC. Shelley xx

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hi hun!! I'm playing with some catch up today and needed to stop by your blog to see all the things I've missed!! :)

I just ADORE your coloring on this image!! Sooo very sweet!! Those SF images are so fun!! TFS HUGS

Vixykins said...

Excellent! Love your work x

Thanks for joining us at crafty cardmakers and please check out our new challenge x