*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




December 3, 2009

Guess the Title for some CANDY!

Happy Thursday everyone! I have a little game for you today and the winner will receive a little pressie from me!

First let me introduce Kayla from The Stamping Boutique! Isn't she sweet? This card will accompany a book given as a gift!


I went with the monochromatic look, using SU! DSP and Prisma pencils. The flower is two punched retro flowers crumbled! The CG sentiment comes from the inscription over the door of the Library at Thebes!

Tracey has quite a few new lines recently released, be sure to checkout the Boutique!

*************************************************
Ready for the little game?

Simply guess the title of the book I gave Kayla to read and Email Me your answer!


Here's a hint, the story begins....

It was a dark and stormy night.
In her attic bedroom _______ ______, wrapped in an old patchwork quilt, sat on the foot of her bed and watched the trees tossing in the frenzied lashing of the wind.


I'll pick a winner late Sunday!
************************************

Here are the challenges...

Papertake Weekly~the sketch.
Whimsy chall~monochromatic.
Crazy 4 Chall~punch happy.
Gingersnaps Creations~monochromatic.
Timeless Tuesday~CAS card.

************

That's it for today! I'm going to try to gather the pumpkins and take down my autumn decorations! I'm trying to think Christmas but it just isn't registering yet! lol
Have a super day! Blessings!!!

EDITED TO ADD
Checkout what Susanna Boyd did with Tracey's 12 Days of Christmas Snowmen from The Stamping Boutique! There's even a tutorial!!! It's for the PCP 3rd Day of Christmas game with prize!

26 comments:

Heather said...

What a super cute card.. It will go great with a book!!

Leah the Orange said...

maria - we also have a monochromatic challenge going on at Humble Pie if you're interested! we'd love to see you there! :)

and your card is too cute - i love images depicting READING. i will always be a lit-chick!

Lori said...

Kayla is adorable, Maria! You did a very nice job with the monochromatic scheme :D

I love the crumpled flower!

Love and hugs ~ Lori

Holly said...

This is really cute Maria! I like the monochromatic look!

Alanna said...

What a darling card. I love that image and the monochromatic look is fabulous.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

what a fabulous card for a fabulous gift! the book sounds almost like mary poppins! or the one by louisa may alcott. of course it could be a twilight book too (nah! don't think so).

hugs,

Terry Oulboub said...

I love the colors on the card and how you colored the image to complete the monochromatic scene; fabulous, Maria!

Kristen said...

I think she is reading SUPERFUDGE!
I love the card! It is great! And a great giveaway challenge.

Sparkle said...

Such a cute card!

Donna said...

Hi Maria, fantastic card, such a pretty choice of papers and the image is so sweet! I hope all is OK with you and family :) Donna x

jacque4u2c said...

What a great idea!!!! I think will accompany the gift the book just perfectly!!!!

Shelly said...

Great card, Maria!!! I like the fact that you know what book she's reading. How fun!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Perfect monochromatic card Maria! What a fun image too. Thanks for joining us at Whimsy Challenges. :)

Sarah said...

Such a great card! Love that image and your monochromatic color scheme. OK I don't know the title of the book..but boy do I want to know it!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Maria!! Love your monochromatic color scheme and your awesome coloring. Very cute!!!
hugs and blessings,
Chris

Allison said...

Love all the yellows here...neat layout idea too!

Christine said...

Gorgeous card stunning image & colouring love it..thanks for joining us at Whimsy Challenges..

Hugs Christine xx

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hey Maria!! This is just stunning hun!! I love the gorgeous coloring of your image and thanks for playing along with us at Whimsy this week!! HUGS

Tammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
POPPET said...

I love the image reminds me of Samara this is all she does, a gorgeous creation here, big hugs Pops x

Jessica G. said...

Adorable image and such a perfect sentiment to go with her!

Elena said...

Really love the saying of this card!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Awwwwww.........HOW CUTE!! I love the color yellow too. It's so cheerful!

Patricia St Martin said...

I tryed to email you came back an error. I'm sure i'm wrong but it reminds me the way you started it of "Flowers in the Attic"

Sharon Caudle said...

LOVE it!!! That image is just too cute and your coloring is wonderful. Thanks so much for joining us at PTW! hugs!

Shirley said...

She is just precious and the card is so pretty! Love her glasses and the colors are so warm and soft!