*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




January 12, 2010

I have a dream....

...that one day.....all our soldiers will arrive home safely! Although I know...what they do and where they do it...is what helps make us safe!!!
Home of the Free, BECAUSE of the BRAVE!

Today is a double challenge day! It's the Digital Tuesday Challenge today (use embossing) & The Stamping Boutique's "I have a dream" challenge.

My sweet soldier image is from The Stamping Boutique (AJ,the soldier) and is colored with Prisma markers. The DPs are from Summer Driggs. Sentiment is CG. The stars are punched and embossed with the CB swiss dots folder. I've also added clear embossing to his hat brim and shoes!

I hope you have a chance to play along with these fun challenges this week!

Here are the challenges...
Digital Tuesday Chall~use embossing
The Stamping Boutique~I have a dream, theme
Opus Gluei~star shape.
Cards for Men~new....new image.
Stamp, Scrap & Doodle Sat~celebrations
Crafty Angels~texture


Checkout the embossing inspiration from the rest of the Digital Tuesday DT...

Remember to play along with Digi Tue, just add some embossing with a digi image, easy huh?

Off to learn about molecules & atoms with my daughter! I love learning all over again with my kiddos! Have a super day! Blessings!

26 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Hi Maria, thats a fabulous image and so useful at this time at the moment considering how many of our boys are serving their country. Fantastic card, thank you for joining us at Cards for Men challenge, and good luck, with love and hugs Shirleyxxx

Crystal said...

This is absolutely a DARLING image Maria...wow I love the tribute to our boys...sooooo fantastic gf!!!! LOVE this card!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh wow!! This is just darling Maria!! I love it!! These images are soo darn cute!! TFS! HUGS

jacque4u2c said...

Just adorable!

Danni said...

Wonderful card! Love the twine, colors and the fun stars!

Dawn B. said...

I wish they could all come home safely too... this is beautifully done Maria.. We need more stamps and images like this.. Great job.

Sparkle said...

This is so cute!

Donna said...

I love your soldier boy Maria and how you have used papers that reflect the american flag...a wonderfully patriotic card and I wholeheartedly agree with bringing the boys home :) Donna x

Tina said...

Maria this is an amazing card - oh and can I just say the cocoa on a stick was fabulous - will you be sharing the recipe with us? :D

xo
tina
mommyscrapsalot.blogspot.com

Tami said...

Maria...love this card! Adorable!!

Hugs~T

Jana said...

I love your dream. Your card is adorable. Love that soldier. Thanks for playing with us at Opus Gluei.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Maria how wonderful this is the sentiment behind the card but also the card itself is fabulous.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What an awesome dream!!! I pray for the troops and there families everyday. What a sacrifice they have made. Know many there personally.

This card is beautiful!! Love your soldier and colors!! Adorable.

Isn't learning fun!! Hope you had a good homeschooling day!!

hugs,
Chris

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Maria,i love your image and papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Vicki said...

Maria, your card is awesome and how true...home of the free because of the brave! Really like how you used the frame!

HUGS!

Vicki

chercroppin said...

Well now, if this isn't totally awesome Maria! Well done girl! I absolutely love anything americana/patriotic, and this is my hope too! You ROCK girlfriend!

Rosemary said...

Love this card, love the sentiment (how true it is), and love the images you used! You really did a beautiful job and I'm so glad you participated in the Opus Gluei challenge this week.

Carol said...

Wonderful card, Maria. And you are right. My son is in the military, has been to Afghanistan, now in England. We are so proud of all our serviceman for the job they do to protect us! God Bless them all!

Deb Neerman said...

Adorable! Love this image, too!

Cheryl said...

hi hun bless your heart for commenting on my blog will follow you to see what other gorjus designs I can spot hugs cheryl xxxx

Beth said...

Oh Maria this card is awesome is the frame embossed also love every detail of this beautiful.
Hugs

Regina said...

such a cute card. what a great tribute to our boys! thanks for playing along at SSDS

Davi said...

Love the card and the tribute. Our soldiers need more recognitions!!

Davi said...

Love the card and the tribute. Our soldiers need more recognitions!!

Elena said...

What a beautiful tribute and gorgeous card! Really love the design you created, Maria! Stars, frame, twine - everything goes so well together!

Micki said...

Oh Maria, a wonderful card. I love it. It's masculine something that I always have a little problem with and of course I love the image and the theme. Awesome :-).