*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




January 2, 2010

Saturday Spotlight-Calendars

Happy New Year weekend!!! lol Hope you enjoyed the holidays! Also hope you're ready to get back to crafting!!! Today is our Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential challenge and our theme is calendars! Simply use a calendar element on your creation or make an actual calendar!


Our sponsor this week is the fabulously wonderful Bee Crafty Downloads! This is another of my favorite digi shops, very affordable and home to this adorable Fluffy Bunny & other cuties! Bee Crafty has a challenge blog too! Check them out!!

I popped my Fluffy bunny w/flowers over a calendar image by Fire Cracker Designs and sponged a background. This is an anniversary card from my hubby to me...hopefully I'll forget it by June! lol

My Diva sistahs so ROCKed this challenge, check 'em out!

Vicki
Chris
Boni
Crystal
Darlene
Dawn
Erin
Jessica
Jodi


Here are the challenges...

SATURDAY SPOTLIGHT~create a project w/a calendar element.
Bee Crafty~use a digi and circles....I circled my date, does that count? lol
Charisma Cardz~celebration.
Crafty Cardmakers~use a fav technq...that would be sponging a sky w/clouds.
Challenge Up Your Life~calendar theme.
Rose & Dee's~open.
Cupcake Craft Challenge~celebration.

***************

Well, we had a very nice new years! The weather didn't cooperate on new year's eve day with snow in the morning and sleet in the evening. So we "party-ed" with friends in the afternoon & early evening, getting home right when it started to sleet! ugh!
We were looking forward to having the first taste of our homemade saurkraut on news years day! It was good but we think it needs to 'rest' a bit longer, wasn't as sour as we would have liked it! All in all our year end holidays were very nice and we were blessed beyond measure by friends & family! Now I look forward to a wonderful new year, experiencing God's continued faithfulness and being surrounded by love & laughter!!! And I pray the same for you!!! Blessings!

32 comments:

Dawn B. said...

This is so sweet. He will love it.. I really like the way that you layered this. It gives it great depth. My mom used to can saurkraut. Yummy. I love it. Have a wonderful day...

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is too sweet Maria!! Love the scene you have created with the darling bunny!! Great layering and colors!! Great use of all the challenges!!

Great job on this week on the challenge...like always my friend!!

hugs,
Chris

God Bless you in 2010!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

now if the card said january 2 it would be perfect for me! 10 yrs today! but it's fabulous - your card!

so glad new years was wonderful. i just know you'll have lots of surprises and wonderful creations to share in the new year. so looking forward to it.

hugs,

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

AWW!! Maria, this is just adorable hun!! I LOVE that image you've used!! You lucky gal you!! :) I absolutely LOVE your idea for an anniversary wish!! My parents is in Jan. and this would make a wonderful project for that!! Thanks for starting off the New Year with a really wonderful creation!! You rock lady!! BIG HUGS

Allison said...

this is sooo cute Maria
Hope you had a wonderful New Year
AllisonX

Crystal said...

AWWW Maria this is sooooo cute and precious, what an adorable way to wish a happy anniversary!! I love your idea its soooo cute!!!! Hugs!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

What a great job you did on your anniversary card! Love the different dimensions you have incorporated!!
Yes, we had saurkraut & pork yesterday ... not my favorite mean but it turned out very good! I too grew up making our own saurkraut (I'm polish you know, LOL) and the jarred stuff just doesn't compare!
Wishing you & yours a new year filled with blessings!

Rose said...

cute cute cute!!! and again i say cute :)

Becky said...

This is so cute, I love how you have the bunny.

Terry Oulboub said...

Maria, this is so darling. I love that calendar up there and the sentiment. The bunny image is sweet. I love the colors you put together. Ahhh...sauerkraut...one thing my mom loved but I'm the opposite - give me CANDY! :D Glad you had a great day!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Maria,i love your image and colours.

I wish you a very happy new year.
Hugs Riet.xx

Donna said...

Fantastic card Maria and just perfect for our celebration theme, the little bunny is so cute and the calendar is a perfect reminder for hubby to remember your Ann'y lol! Thanks for playing along with us at Cupcake...it sounds like you had a good new year despite the snow :) Donna x

Jessica G. said...

Sweet card, Maria! This would be perfect for my DH; we've only been married 15 years, so the date is still occasionally elusive for him!

Vee said...

Fabulous card. love the colour combo. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week. Good luck with the blog hop. Happy New year!!
xx Vee

Jill said...

Happy New Year Maria your card is so cute and absolutely gorgeous hugs Jill x

Beth said...

Totally adorable Maria and Happy New Years.

Shelly said...

Adorable card, Maria! I love the sponged background and the way you used the calendar.

The homemade saurkraut sounds so good.

Softpencil said...

Soooo lovely card Maria!!! I love it and I´m sure your hubby will love it too! don´t forget to give it to him...! LOL
Happy 2010!!! :)

Danni said...

This is just so adorable!! I love it!!

The Crafty Den said...

What a cute card. The image is adorable and the paper is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge and don't forget our new challenge starts on 4th Jan!. Hugs, Denise x

Heather said...

Beautiful!! I can't wait to see your WOJ cards...:)

maxine said...

This is lovely Maria
Happy New Year to you
x

Alanna said...

This is so stinkin' cute Maria. I saw it on the challenge blog. So clever.

Jodi said...

This is just too sweet!! Love the image and pastel colors you used!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Sally said...

Fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at our Charisma Cardz Birthday Blog Hop Challenge.

brenda said...

This is just adroable Maria, so beautiful and spring like.

Thank you for sharing with usat Rosie D's and a Happy and Peaceful New Year to you and your.

B x

Saskia said...

Lovely to see your work at Rosie-D's Challenge! Thanks for joining us!

Saskia :)

Manuela said...

fab calendar! thanks for joining us at challenge up your life! hugs, manuela

stempelhexe said...

Das Kalenderblatt ist Dir aber gelungen.

Gruß
Ulla

Rosie (Freycob) said...

This is such a sweet, sweet card!

Thanks for joining us at Rosie D's.

Hope to see you again soon.

Rosie
x

biggi-al said...

It looks great - you did a wonderful job!!

Made by Mandy said...

Love the fluffy bunny image :)

Thankyou for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers

Made By Mandy xxx