*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




January 9, 2010

Saturday Spotlight -Love w/out hearts

Well, the weekend has begun! Welcome to this week's Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential challenge! Our challenge this week is to make a LOVE style card (Valentine, Wedding or such) without using any hearts! NO HEARTS! lol I made a wedding card! (again)

Our lovely sponsor this week is Donna's Den of Crafts! There is a precious gift voucher in the mix, so I hope you will play along!

The sentiment is CG and reads...
Love is a symbol of eternity.
It wipes out all sense of time,
Destroying all memory of a beginning
And all fear of an end.

Again, I won this DP, so I don't know which company, but I love it! I applied some faux stitching and a bit of distressing! I created three sparkly faux brads by affixing punched circles where I wanted them, dabbed a bit of glitter glue on each. After the glitter glue was totally dry I colored it with a black marker. Go head, have a closer look, you can still see the glitter! How cool is that, you can have any color sparkly "brads"!!


Checkout the rest of the fabulous Spotlight Diva's love projects...
Vicki
Chris
Boni
Crystal
Darlene
Dawn
Erin
Jessica
Jodi

I hope you're enjoying your Saturday and have some time to relax with your family! Abundant Blessings to you all!!!

20 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so beautiful!! I love your colors, the gorgeous sentiment and all the snowflakes. Very elegant and perfect for a wedding. Awesome take on this week's challenge my friend!! Gorgeous!

Have a blessed weekend!!

hugs,
Chris

Crystal said...

Maria this is BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE the background and this sentiment!!! Stunning as always!!!! Hugs!

Holly said...

Gorgeous paper and the verse is beautiful! This is really perfect for the challenge Maria!

Vicki said...

Very pretty Maria...really love the verse...and it could be a valentine's day card too!!

HUGS,
Vicki

coldwaters2 said...

Wow, this is awesome Maria the colours are so lovely and that sentiment is wonderful...I do so love this type of design when the sentiment is the focal point it says so much.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is just so lovely Maria ... I love what you've done here!! And the sentiment is beautiful!! Great job! Happy Weekend my friend!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh my goodness!! Maria, this is sooo stunning girl!! I love your paper and that sentiment is so precious!! What a perfect way to "show the love without hearts" girl!! Hope you enjoy your weekend!! HUGS

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this is just gorgeous. that paper is stunning.

did i say thank you for hubby's card? well, thank you. he definitely smiled - and from ear-to-ear too!

hugs,

Alanna said...

This is very pretty. That paper is yummy. Great tip about the brads. Enjoy the day sweet Maria.

Jessica G. said...

Wonderful sentiment, Maria, and perfectly showcased on this elegant sketch and backed by that gorgeous DP!

Donna said...

Another beauty Maria, love when I card has a beautiful verse especially when its on the front of the card. Hope your enjoying your weekend. Hugs Donna x

Rose said...

LOVE with NO hearts?! well you have made a beautiful card :)

Erin... said...

gorgeous card! wonderful colors and such a beautiful sentiment

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Maria. I really like this dp..It makes a very elegant wedding card..The sentiment is perfect..Terrific SS card.

Elena said...

Stunning card, Maria! I love the paper you chose! Faux stitching looks like real! And what a brilliant idea with the brads! Thank you for sharing it!

jacque4u2c said...

Just beautiful!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Very elegant and lovely. That DP is super - the black on pink is exquisite!

Donna said...

So stylish and elegant Maria, the papers are beautiful and so are the colours :) Donna x

Heather said...

Awesome!! Love that paper!!

Sonya said...

Love the Japanese sentiment and the dramatic flowers!!! Great Job!!