*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




February 2, 2010

Digital Tuesday Challenge-A Different Fold

Good Tuesday Morning! We have a new challenge today at Digital Tuesday! Our lovely Anjou has shaken things up a bit with this challenge...stepping outside the box she would like to see some different folds! Such as tri-fold, easel, a joy fold....endless possibilities!


Stamps: Bee Crafty Digital Downloads
Paper: SU! cs (cocoa & saffron)
Martha Stewart DP
Ink: SU! markers
Other: MS leaf punch, flower punch
MS trefoil heart punch

How do you like my non traditional Valentine colors???
I used the little hearts from the heart border punch to adorn the flowers and the calendar is from my lovely blog buddy Allison -Allison's Crafty Moments (Thank you Allison!!!)

Our wonderful sponsor this week is Bee Crafty! I love Merrigan's images!!! I made a little desk calendar to give as a non traditional Valentine. Giving LOVE throughout the year! Afterall, there's only so many "I Love You" cards one can give! lol

Want more inspiration???
I have the most awesome DT mates, checkout their brilliant creations...

I hope you'll take up the challenge and play along. There are tons of tutorials on SCS (Splitcoast Stampers) if ya need one!

Here are the challenges...
DIGITAL TUESDAY~a digi & a different fold.
Bee Crafty~romantic/love.
Secret Crafter Sat.~hearts.
Fun with Shapes~sketch.
Gingersnaps Creations~numbers
Dare U 2 Digi~hearts/valentine.
Hand Full of Stamps~hearts.
Corrosive Chall~love.
SophistiCats~love.
Polka Doodles~non traditional valentine.

There is snow in the forecast for later today, only about an inch though! So if anyone out there wants to send some this way, please do!!! I'm not even sure we could find the sleds anymore...we haven't had snow for soooo long and there are vines grown over the snowmobile! lol
Have a good one and know that you are loved! Blessings!!!


*

34 comments:

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh gorgeous card! I need to make one of these!!! FABULOUS! TFS!

Elena said...

What a cute card! Love your idea with the calendar!
We got some snow today too, just finished shoveling... :) and more to go!
Hugs,
Elena

Joan said...

This is a great project Maria! I have seen this fold before and think it's such a great little gift idea. I DO love your non-valentine colours. I've found myself moving away from my reds and pinks lately too!!!! I also like how you've folded your little paper flowers to give them shape! I need to remember that! Have a great day

Bonibleaux Designs said...

Can we count the days to Spring on this calendar? I heard that Puxatawney Phil saw his shadow and we get six more weeks of this cold weather business. LOVE that your calendar is ready for Love and Spring!! These little calendars are such a cute idea for showcasing your artwork. I mean who doesn't want/need a calendar?

Crystal said...

OOOO WOW Maria fabulous card sweetie, love love the design and colors!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Maria.

Hugs Riet.xx

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hey girl!! You've done a brilliant job with the creation!! I love your calendar idea!! :) HUGS

Pinkllilac said...

Love your card Maria and the non traditional colours looks beautiful, great image, love it.
Hugs Linda

Danni said...

What a great card! I like the clean, crispness to it!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this is gorgeous. i love the colors. i must make an easel card one of these years - lol.

hugs :)

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Maria this is just gorgeous I love that image you have used and your colours are a pure delight I love the different colours for Valentine it is lovely to see non traditional.

Hugs
Lorraine x

CraftyC said...

A lovely card Maria, enjoy the snow!
Clairexx

Stressed Stamper said...

love the non traditional colours and calendar - nice idea

Rose said...

this is so pretty and i luv how you added the calendar :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I just love your colors and the easel design Maria!! So pretty!! What a lovely calendar you have created with your romantic yet nontraditional colors! Gorgeous!
hugs,
Chris

Vicki said...

Hello Maria! I think I am finally back in the groove after being sick! And wow, I have missed so much! I just love this easel card! Very nice non traditional Valentine colors and really like that the card can be used as a calendar all year! Cool job!

HUGS!
Vicki

katesacraftybugger said...

this is fabby !
Thanks for joining in the fun at Polkadoodles this week
Hugs Kate

Donna said...

Maria, this is so beautiful, the polka dot paper is fab and the love birds are so sweet! Brrr if we get any more snow here in the UK I'll be sure to send it your way lol! Thanks for joining us at SCSC & DU2DS this week :) Donna x

Kerry said...

I do love easel cards and yours is beautiful. Great colours and papers. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.

brenda said...

Good Morning Maria

I am really liking this fold of easel card and yours is so pretty with that lovely sentime and image. It fits BTCG theme this month as well you know.

Thank you for sharing with us at Polkadoodles this week.

B x

Avril Ann said...

Fabulous calander Maria, good luck with all your challenges, many thanks for joining us at Sophisticats this week, Hugs Avril xxxx

shellshearer said...

great easel card...love the none valentines colours

hugs shell xx

2amscrapper said...

I like your color palette.

Debby said...

Darling Darling Darling! I haven't made an easel card yet. Guess it's time. :-)

Mandy said...

Beautiful card, so pretty and fab colours.
Thanks for joining us at Sophisticats
Hugs Mandy xx

Hope Jacare said...

Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles in our non-traditional colours valentine challenge! A lovely project -great idea! Cheers Claire x

JanJay said...

Great calendar!

Thanks for taking part in my challenge and joining us over at Sophisticats this week.

Jan x

Tip Top said...

Great idea and calendar! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Fliss said...

This is really lovely and such a great idea.
Thanks for joining the Polka Doodle challenge and hope to see you again next time.
x

Trish Hughes said...

Just wonderful, love the colors!!! Thanks so much for playing along with HFOS.
Trish

Chris said...

Great card Maria, perfect for Valentine's day. Thanks for joining us at DU2DS this time. Chris :)

Bee said...

Beautifully made Maria, love the delicate colour choices. Thanks for joining in the Bee Crafty Challenge :)

JeanFB said...

This is adorable! Such a sweet calendar, and great way to use numbers for the challenge!

Gingersnap Stampers said...

Sooo pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!