*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




February 22, 2010

Fred She Said New Challenge

Good Monday Morning! It's time for a new Fred She Said Challenge this month!

But first....The WINNER for Jan challenge is ANNE (of Wicked Witch)!!! Congratulations Anne!!!



The challenge for this month is...

Since this is the month of LOVE, create something with at least 3 hearts on it.

Be sure to use a FRED SHE SAID image somewhere on your card! If you don't have one, there are LOADS of freebies available HERE!
~The prize~
a $20 gift certificate for the Fred She Said store!



Stamps: FSS carnation,
SU! so many sayings
Ink: Prisma/Koh-i-noor pencils
Paper: SU! cs
Other: MS trefoil border punch,
dew drops, organza ribbon

Isn't this a striking color combo.....I CASEd this color combo from Jojot (SCS)! Joanne (Inky Ocean Gazer) is one of the wow-artists who inspire me! Check out her gorgeous creation HERE.
Since she was a featured stamper a while back, I kept the rules set by SCS! I did keep the colors and her overall layout, though I veered a bit. I changed the flower, of course to this lovely FSS carnation! I changed the shape of the card along with the border, punch and the embellishments.

I hope you'll play along with the FSS girls this month! We would love to see what you create!!

Here are the challenges...
FSS Challenge~use FSS image and 3 hearts!
Hand Full of Stamps~sending wishes.
Stampavie & More~get well
Sassy Designs by Susie~flower/heart
Little Red Wagon~ribbon
La La Land Weekly Wed~red
Paper Cutz~get well
Gingersnaps Creations~3 colors you love!
Creative Card Crew~get well.
Cute Daisy May~flowers

Enjoy your Monday and stay tuned, I'll be posting the winner of my Squigglefly guessing game and my card for the new SF challenge for today!
Praying peace, joy and much love over you!!!
Blessings!!

29 comments:

Heather said...

This is gorgeous. I love the dark bold colors.

Darsie Bruno said...

I love your bold design and the image done simply. Nice effect!

Micki said...

Oh girl, I love your card. I love how you used the blue. I always try to match a color to the color in the image (OCD.... :-( ) but your card is absolutely fabulous. Love it.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this is beautiful. i love that double edge!

hugs :)

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Maria.

Hugs Riet.xx

Deb Neerman said...

WoW! This is gorgeous, Maria! Love those color blocks ... they really pop!

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! Maria, this is sooo very stunning lady!! I love your striking colors!! ;) SO YUMMY!!

Holly said...

this really is a striking color combination! The added black and the shade of blue you used keeps it from looking too red-white-and blue patriotic. I really love your piercing too Maria!

chercroppin said...

So beautiful Maria....LOVE the color combo here! : )

Marlene said...

Ohhhhh.....LOVE the color combo! Beautiful job!

Allison said...

love the colours Maria and the border
AllisonX

Kathy said...

This is so pretty Maria!! I love your image and that border is just gorgeous!!
Thanks so much for playing along at La La Land!
:)Kathy

Tracy said...

Beautiful image, Thanks for joining Susie's Sassy challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Christine Riley said...

What a beautiful card! I love those colors together, makes me think of and wish for spring :)
Hugs, Christine

Pam S. said...

beautiful!!! thanks for joining us in the "use red" challenge at LLWWC!
Pam Going Postal

Maureen said...

Very pretty - love that image! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Maria this is stunning that single flower is so effective and I do love the colours you have used I love it.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Danni said...

Very beautiful card!! Carnations are my favorite flower!!

Elena said...

This card is so gorgeous, Maria! I love the colors and beautiful flower!
Thank you so much for playing with us at La-La Land Crafts! :)

Jane Matsumoto said...

Bold and beautiful colors! The carnation is striking! Thank you for participating in our RED challenge at La-La Land Crafts!

Irina said...

Very pretty!! Thank you SO MUCH for playing along with us this week at La-La Land Crafts!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Megan at PPC said...

Such gorgeous cards!

Please take a look at my blog candy at: www.pictureperfectcreations.blogspot.com and my NEW challenge blog at: www.ppc-challenges.blogspot.com

-Megs :)

Lisa said...

Your colors and layout are striking!

Helen Dooley said...

Maria- great card. Thanks so much for playing with us at PCC.

JeanFB said...

So pretty, and I love your color combo for Gingersnap!

Carolivy said...

Gorgeous Maria! Love how you have colored the carnation!

Tracey Lynn 'Fred' Miller said...

Wow, such a unique colour combo and it totally works! Fabulous, Maria!

Trish Hughes said...

Just beautiful!!! I always love seeing what you come up with!!! Thanks so much for playing along with HFOS.
Trish

Gingersnap Stampers said...

This is lovely! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!