*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




February 20, 2010

Saturday Spotlight -gettin' messy

Happy, happy Saturday! I know we are all hoping for springtime, but I must go with reality one more time...our yard is still covered in snow! And truth be told, I love it! :)

The Spotlight Divas have a new challenge for you this week over at Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential!!! We would like you to get messy; make your creation "messy" by distressing with ink, tearing edges, wrinkling card stock, etc.

Stamps: Whimsy Stamps (N'ice Friends)
Paper: SU! cs, glossy
Ink: Copics, ink pads
Other: white gel pen, snowflake brad.

I used distressing and for my messy blue background, I used the salted background technique! Made a fun snowy bg!


Our fabulous sponsor this week is Whimsy Stamps! One Lucky winner this week will be randomly chosen to win $15 gift Certificate to be used at the Whimsy Stamps store. Too cool!

Need some more ideas on how to get messy, check out the other Divas...

Chris
Boni
Crystal
Darlene
Dawn
Erin
Jessica
Jodi

Have some fun with this challenge and maybe try something new!

This fun card was made as a thank you for a wonderful gentleman who helped us during this last snowstorm! The Big Snow of 2010 as my kids are calling it! lol

Here are the challenges...

Saturday Spotlight~'mess-up' your creation.
OCC~techniques
Stampin Royalty~masculine card.
Whimsy Chall @ SNR~sweetness/love
Lexi's Creations~spotted/stripes. (striped hat/scarf, spotted bg)
Humble Pie~one kind of embellishment....my snowflake brad!


Thanks so much for stopping by! Big Hugs & Blessings!

29 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh I just love this sweet snowman Maria!!! Gorgeous coloring and design!! The distressing and the squiggles to frame your image is perfect!!! Awesome job on today's messing around challenge!!
Have a great weekend!
blessings and hugs,
Chris

Dawn B. said...

What a great thank you card. He will love it.. Although I love snow I am ready for spring this year...This image is so sweet and snowmen are my favorite stamps..Great job Maria..Have a super day.

Silke Ledlow said...

So cute Maria!!! The doodling and the distressed edges are wonderful!!! Hugs ~S~

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

What a fun creation Maria!! Love that background technique ... I think that's one I have NOT tried yet. Thanks for the inspiration! It works perfectly here!
Enjoy your snow ... as for me, I'm really tired of it and now that it's not white & pretty anymore, I like it even less ... I'm ready to see the pretty green grass!!! Have a wonderful weekend!

Crystal said...

AWWW Maria how super cute and fun!!! Love it and you aced this messy challenge!!! Enjoy your weekend sweetie!! Hugs!

treesawardincrafts said...

I bet you are going to remember this snow year for a long time. It does seem to be going on for ever. Great for giving inspiration though. "Get all your Christmas Cards at Maria's!" plenty of ideas here girls!

Amy Johnson said...

So cute! I love the background and the doodling!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Maria.

Hugs Riet.xx

*Vicki* said...

Oh Maria!! This is so awesome!! I love that salted BG technique you've come up with!! How super creative you are and I just adore this Whimsy image you've used on it!! Thank you so much for your amazing talented work!! HUGS

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this doesn't look messy at all, but it sure is adorable.

POPPET said...

I love it, the colours are really rich, and the image is so super cute, hugs pops x

lalkygirl said...

superb card,the bg looks awesome,love it,thanks for joining us at lexis creations and good luck in the challenges
lalkygirl mx

Christine Riley said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the colors you used, so fun and cheery! :) I love the squiggles around the frame too, what agreat idea!
Hugs, Christine

Donna said...

Hi Maria, delightful little card...such a sweet scene and a really lovely thought behind giving this card...you are so thoughtful :) Donna x

Marlene said...

So bright and cheery!! Love it!

Danni said...

Wonderful card! So sweet!

Saskia said...

Lovely to see your work at Lexi's Creations! Thanks for joining us!

Saskia :)

Gina said...

This is very cute! I have never tried that background technique, it looks great with your snowman.

Angela McKay, Stampin' Up Demonstrator, #1 Rising Star Canada 2008/2009 said...

Super cute card! Great colouring... thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Joan Ervin said...

What a sweet card, Maria...the snowman is adorable and I just love how you doodled and distressed the edges!!!!

Elena said...

This card is so adorable! And what a nice to say Thank you!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Super cute card, Maria!! I love the distressing and the white doodles on the red. Great work on learning a new technique. So happy you could join in the fun with us at Our Creative Corner this week!

Sandra Farrell said...

Great work - thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty. Please come over and check out my blog candy this week www.stamperontheshore.blogspot.com

Sabriena Satchwell An Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator said...

Cute Card! Thanks for playing with us this week at Stampin’ Royalty!

Jodi said...

He is such an adorable Snowman! Love the distressing you did on the card. Your coloring is so pretty!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Zoe-Aus said...

So Cute! You coloured him so well. love the bold colours. Thanks for joining us at Humble Pie this week.

Hugs

Zoe

Jessica G. said...

Awesome idea to use a salted background for your snowman -- it looks just like a snowfall! Adorable image and those bright colors really make him pop!!

Kim said...

Fantastic card! I would love to learn this salt technique! Love your journaling around the card with the white pen! Thanks for playing at Humble Pie!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Micki said...

Woohoo Congratulations girl you won!!! Just saw the post. You go girl!

hugs