*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




April 22, 2010

ABC Toys-A few of my favorite things

Happy Thursday!

Where oh where did the week go?! lol I'm hosting the ABC dt blog today, so I have gathered a few of my favorite things for my card today, let me show you...


Stamps: Sarah Kay (Rose's Garden)
Paper: BasicGrey (offbeat), SU! cs.
Ink: Copics, Prisma pencils, Memento
Other: MS punches, gems &
wide ribbon, piercing tool

I had such fun coloring this Sarah Kay image, I love 'em all but this is my all-time favorite!!!
The gals @ Crafty Cardmakers asked, "what favorites would you take to a desert island?"

Here are mine...what are yours???

1. brown/orange color combo (brown & any color really)!
2. Sarah Kay stamps
3. hand made scrunchy flowers
4. MS punches
5. bling
6. coordinating ribbon!
7. Copics
8. faux stitching
9. distressing

yep! Just a few of my favorite things!!!! ...and I found most of them @ ABC Toys & Crafts! How cool is that?!!

Here are the challenges...
Crafty Cardmakers~your favs
Secret Carfter~a day out
Sundays w/Chrissy~make it a combo
Design Dollies Color chall~colors
Sophisticats~distressing
All Sorts~stitching
OCC~butterflies
The Crafty Pad~stitching
Papertake Weekly~sketch
Corrosive chall~paper piercing
Sweet Stampin' chall~stitching
Nutshells chall~spring theme

...another favorite, combining challenges!


We have a lovely friend coming over today for a clay play date! It's really for the kids art class, but I'm hoping to learn some fun techniques too!

Enjoy your day!
Hugs & Blessings!!!



*

32 comments:

Allison said...

I'm with you I adore that stamp
Beautiful card, love the colours you chose
AllisonX

Vicki said...

Very pretty card Maria! I love the image you used and your coloring. Would make a nice birthday card for a young girl! Have a great day with your clay!

HUGS,
Vicki

Marlene said...

Beautiful card, Maria. Fantastic coloring, as usual - and the use of your punches is just perfect!

Joan said...

Very cute - I love that flower in the corner!!!!!

Justine said...

Wow Maria, you coloring is outstanding and I love the color combo

Leah the Orange said...

you ROCKED this colour challenge, Maria! GORGEOUS card! so glad you've played with us at Design Dollies! good luck in the big prize draw for April!

Debbie said...

Hi Maria - beautiful card and lovely colours. :) Great border punch too. :)

Thanks for joining us at the crafty pad. ;)

xxDebbiexx

Sparkle said...

Such a lovely card!

Deb Neerman said...

WoW, Maria, this is gorgeous! This is my favorite-Maria-card-evuh! I LOVE this color combination ... such rich earth tones.

Everything here coordinates so beautifully ... I am in love with this card, Sweetie!!! One of your best!!

Which is really sayin' somethin' 'cuz they're all fabulous!!

Jodi said...

Maria!! She is adorable and you colored her so pretty!! I love your layout and colors for her!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Faye said...

I would never have put those colours together, but they look gorjuss and the flower is scrummy. Beautiful card, thanks for sharing it at Sweet Stampin. x

Suzi said...

A stunning card Maria, love the colour combo, image and great stitching too. Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week. Good luck in the draw.
Hugs Suzi x

Christine Riley said...

Gorgeous! I love the color combination and your coloring is beautiful!
Hugs, Christine :)

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card Maria, love the colours and the wonderful image.
luv
Debby

maxine said...

wow this is beautiful Maria Hugs Maxine

Paula said...

Such a beautiful card Maria i adore this image and such pretty colours and details.

Hugs Paula xxxx

Dawn B. said...

This is so incredibly sweet. I love her.. She is one of my favorites. Great job Maria.

Kristy said...

WOW! this is gawgess! Love the elegence and the bright colors! Thanks for playin with us Dollies!

Helen Dooley said...

Beautiful MAria- I love the colors you chose.

Nutcrafters said...

Great card. Thanks for entering our Nutty Nutshells Wednesday challenge, Hugs Katie x

Pops x said...

Hi honey, love this card you have made, the image is a darling, have a great weekend hugs Pops x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Maria!! I love that image too!! I love all the Sarah Kay images!! Too cute!! Awesome coloring!! Great take on the challenges GF!
Have a great weekend!
hugs,
Chris

Angela said...

Beautiful card; I love the shabby-chic vibe! Thanks for playing along with us on the Corrosive Challenge Blog!

Linby said...

Lovely card. Just love that teal with the burnt orange and brown.
Lynnx (GDT Nutcrafters)

Allison said...

Just lovely! What a great creation! The butterflies are a fun add!

Alanna said...

This is so gorgeous Maria. I love everything about it from the image to the colors. Have a fabulous Sunday.

Elena said...

Beautidul card, Maria! Love Sara Kay images too! :)
Hope you had a fun time at clay art class!

Jill said...

gorgeous card Maria I love the SK image and your scrunchy flower is just beautiful thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Riet said...

So beautiful card Maria,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

Stunning! I LOVE the flower! Thanks for playing along with the Design Dollies!

Crissy Armstrong said...

Wow, pretty card! I love the punched row and the gorgeous bloom, wow! What a pretty image!
Thank you for playing at Sundays With Crissy!

Julie Riley said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours and the image is so cute. Thank you for joining us at crafty cardmakers xx