*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




April 28, 2010

I pledge allegiance

Good Morning! I wanted to share a card with you using some brand spankin' new images from The Stamping Boutique!


The pledge background is CG!
Stamps: TSB (Pledge Audrey), (flag)
Paper: SU! cs
Ink: Copics/Prisma markers
Other: recycled corg.cdbd, button, twine
and stickles

Who in the USA doesn't know the Pledge of Allegiance by heart? Well, with homeschooling, I didn't realize my children didn't know it (when they were younger!) until we were at a meeting and we all stood to recite The Pledge. eek! Teacher/Mommy needed to rectify that immediately!!! So, being me, I wrote an entire curriculum on patriotism & citizenship for my little ones! I must say, it definitely paid off! It swells my heart today to see my children stand/remove hats when we attend military/veteran functions & parades or thank soldiers in dress in the stores & malls! God Bless them all!

Out of my household of boys, it's my daughter who has her mind set on joining the army! I know I shared this with you before, but here it is again!

My daughter made this little video when she was 12 yrs old to remind us to continually pray for our troops!


God Bless!


*

15 comments:

Joan said...

Very nice card....I like how you've added those tiny bits of white in the flag for reflection...very effective.

Marlene said...

Fantastic patriotic card! I had to learn the Pledge of Allegiance, as well as a whole lot of other U.S. history factoids in order to become a U.S. citizen. (There IS a test!) I think I know more than some of my American-born friends do, sad to say!

Justine said...

I am so grateful that we still recite the Pledge every morning here at our Dept of Defense school and that I can enforce standing at attention since that is what their parent is serving for. What a fabulous post Maria

Danni said...

I agree with Justine, what a wonderful post!!
And such a wonderful card!

Cheryl said...

oh really love this card love the background,and i too agree,our troups are real courages men such a great post hun love hugs cheryl xxx

maxine said...

This is so nice Maria, I love the image.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Maria this is fabulous what a wonderful image so beautifully displayed

Hugs
Lorraine x

Christine Riley said...

Wow, I am so moved by your daughter's video! What a powerful presentation she put together, she should be so proud. I love your card too, what a sweet, sweet image and that paper is perfect!
Hugs, Christine

Beth said...

Lovely card Maria and I love that video that your daughter put together.
Hugs

Donna said...

Hi Maria, here I am back in blogland and I have so missed seeing your gorgeous cards...it's great to be back! This little card is delightful and such a beautiful and sweet image of Audrey. I love the thought behind this card and your little story about the pledge of allegiance. I'll have to play your video on the main computer as my lappy won;t let me play it without adding some sort of plugin! :) Donna x

Holly said...

Love this card, and what a sweet image! I'm glad you shared the video again - it's so moving and you should be proud of all of your kids. You are doing such a great job with them. Homeschooling is tough!

Jodi said...

Oh she is so cute! I love the star and button you added for the top and the words for the card are so creative! I remember learning and saying the pledge of allegiance in school. Kind of miss it now that I think about it. =)
Hugs
Jodi =)

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Oh my gosh ... this posting took my breathe away!! Your card is adorable and the video ... what can I say! Makes one step back & pray!!

Deb Neerman said...

I love this, Maria! Love how you used a patriotic text background paper ... and that adorbs l'il star!

Chrissy D said...

Maria - What a GREAT card - love the background and your coloring! FABULOUS!