*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




April 9, 2010

Surprise....It's Your Birthday!

Happy Friday everyone! Hope you are enjoying your day!!!



Surprise...it's your birthday!
Stamps: Squigglefly.com (beachy surprise)
sentiment is CG
Paper: BasicGrey, SU! cs
Ink: Copics, Prisma markers
Other: SU! oval punches, Am.craft ribbon
stickles.

Isn't this a fab image? Great for some summertime fun or a beachy scrapbook page!! I thought pairing it up with this bright & cheery BG paper would make for a very happy birthday card!

Pop over to Squigglefly.com and checkout all the newest images!!!

Here are a few challenges...
Cupcake Inspiration~yummy flowery cupcakes
Magical Crafts Fortnightly chall~animal...is a crab an animal???
Opus-Gluei~sparkles...stickles on the puddles and tube.
My Time to Craft~on the spot!
Sassy Cheryl's~a sassy girl & ribbon.
Stampavie & More~use some green.
Timeless Tue Chall~use it! I've had this striped ribbon forevah because it never matched anything 'perfectly'! Well, I'm done waiting for perfect.....I think it looks great here, don't you??? lol

** on the homefront***
I'm purging the big bookshelves in our home library today! Not the book books, but homeschool curriculum and teaching books. We are getting ready for a curriculum swap and with only teens & a pre-teen in my home now, I'm FINALLY able to start passing on some of the primary/elementary books! YAY!!! Maybe one day I will actually have space on the shelves to set 'pretty things' too! ...NOT!!!

Here's a section of shelves, but I'm not telling ya if this is a before or after pix! It's way too embarrassing! lol


Hugs to you all!
Blessings!!

34 comments:

Rose said...

oh what a fun card!! well my hat is off to you for homeschooling ,that is wonderful :) so have you read all those books yet lol

Sue said...

Hi Maria
brill card luv the fun image, great colours & papers, all the best sorting the books out! lol., sue,x

the crafty duck said...

Hi Maria, what a fabby card!!! I love your bright papers and your image is so cute!! Thanks for playing at MCFC, love Steph

Joan said...

Wonderful card Maria! I love that image. It reminds me of the pictures of an old poetry book I have from my Grandfather.

Marlene said...

Terrific card, Maria! Wow - look at all those books!!! HOLY SCHMOLEY!

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, this is fabulous! LOVE it, Maria!!

Allison said...

Love this...the image is kinda vintage in its appeal! Great job with the Basic Grey here!

Jana said...

What an adorable card. Love the stickles on the tube. Very clever. Thank you for playing with us at Opus Gluei.
(I just sorted through our book shelves too. 4 boxes later, we can actually fit books on the shelves again. Must be that time of year.)

maxine said...

A fantastic card Maria, I love the colours, so bright.
Maxine x

Allison said...

what a sweet image- reminds me of an old postcard and you have nearly as many books as me!lol
AllisonX

Cheryl said...

I love the colors you chose for this challenge card. It's beautiful!

Christine Riley said...

Oh my goodness, how cute is this! Love that image and what gorgeous paper. Love it!
Hugs, Christine

Pops x said...

Gorgeous huni i love the image and the papers are fab too hugs Pops x

~Christina~ said...

What a cute card!!!

Crafting Joanne said...

Wonderful card Maria, love the image and yes a crab is perfect for our animal challenge.

Thanks for joining us over at Magical Crafts.

Hugs

Joanne xx

Rosemary said...

This a fun, happy card! Love it and love how you incorporate the sparkles theme into it! Thank you for participating with us at Opus Gluei, hope you get to play along again soon.

Good luck on the purge of the unneeeded books!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Maria this card is brilliant I love that image is it full of humour and your sunshine colours just bring a smile to the face I love it.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Rachel Hope said...

So cute!!! Thanks for playing along with the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!

Ann English said...

This card is precious! How do you find time to craft when home schooling-that is a more than full time job! Thanks for playing with us at Sassy Cheryls this week!

Stamping Seasons said...

What a great card
Thanks for joining us at Sassy Cheryls
Hugs
Tracy

Linby said...

saw your comment on Rose's blog about paper piecing hair and I thought you might want to see when I had a go I used brown paper so not to way out!http://craftylinby.blogspot.com/2009/10/piecing-anya.html
You have some beautiful work on your blog.
Linbyx

alina said...

Lovely card, Maria, beautiful paper! Thank you for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's!
Hugs, Alina

Riet said...

Beautiful card Maria.

Hugs Riet.xx

Anne H. said...

Your card is gorgeous!
Lovely image and a beautiful colorcombo.
Thanks for joining us this week at Stampavie and More.
Anne :)

Beth said...

Cute card Maria and GF you definitely have some books there good luck with your sorting.
Hugs
Beth

Holly said...

Maria, you made such a fun card with this image! Love the bright colors!

BA said...

hi maria
this is really cute
thanks for joining us at SAM this week
xoxo BA

Valérie said...

oh what a beautiful card.

thanks for joining us at SAM

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Awwww.....what a sweet card! I love this. :) Love the bookshelves too! LOL I hear ya about "the looks" hehehe

Alanna said...

How cute is this? Love the image and your card. Good luck with the purging and the swap out of your books.

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Beautiful card and a fabulous image! Thanks for joining the MTTC Challenge this week.

Debby said...

I admire anyone who homeschools. I imagine it takes a lot of discipline and patience. 2 things I lack. ;) I think your bookshelves look just fine as is. and...the card is way too cute. love the sparkly effect on the puddles.

Elena said...

Your card is adorable Maria! I really love the colors! And what a fun scene stamp! Love it!
I think your bookshelves look fine. :)

EverydayMe said...

too cute... love the bright colors... and those books... holy cow... that's a lot of books!!
{{hugs}} Michelle