*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




May 12, 2010

Creative Belli-holes

Good Morning! Looky, I made a Christmasy card today! My first one since Christmas 2009! I'm still not feeling it, Christmas seems sooo far away! Although we did have the woodstove burning yesterday to take the chill off. I even cooked a roast on it!!! lol It's been so damp & dreary!

Anyhoo....Today, we have a new Creative Belli Challenge for you! Let's dig out those hole punches and make some holes in those fabulous creations!!!


Stamps: Sew Many (halen in wreath)
sentiment-SU! so many sayings
Papers: SU! cs & K&co glitter DP
Ink: Copics/Prisma markers
Other: floss & button from stash,
paper piercer for faux stitching.


Isn't Halen hanging in that wreath adorable?? Our sponsor for the next 2 weeks is Sew Many Cards! And they're giving 5 digi stamps to the winner! woohoo!!

Checkout the fabulous creations by the other Belli girls...

Chris Dickinson
Holly Brown
Anne Harmon
Ceal Pritchett
Joan Ervin
Joy Hadden
Liz Williams
Robin Kirkpatrick
Melisa Waldorf
Darsie Bruno
Dani Marcus
Jessica Stockmeyer
Shelly Schmidt


Since this is my first Christmas card of the year, this is my first opportunity to join in Sparkle's Christmas challenge! I was trying to convey a quilt-like card to compliment "Sew Many Cards", not sure that idea translated correctly! lol My hole punching is in the form of faux stitching! You can fill your punched holes with brads or eyelets or just use your paper piercer, like I did!!!
Have fun with it and come play with us!

Creative Belli Challenge #91~ punch some holes!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!
Take care!
Blessings to you!!!


25 comments:

Dani said...

Aw, cute! And I think it looks like a great quilt!

Patti J said...

Hi Maria! I'm BACK!!! Just a word of warning so you will be ready for my daily stalkings! Love your Christmas Halen! What a cutie patootie! I hope we have a bit of spring and or summer before we have to work on Christmas cards - sure has been yukky in Missouri! Have a great day! Hugs!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Maria.

Hugs Riet.xx

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this is fabulous! and you are soooo good... i can't even think xmas now!!!

and we had the heat on the past few days too - not to mention wearing sweats!!!! is this may??????? just checking!

Ellie said...

What a fabulous christmas card! I love those papers you used, the image is adorable and so beautifully colored!

Melisa Waldorf said...

tooo cute!! Have a wonderful week!

Joan said...

Very cute - I need to create a few Christmas cards from time to time before it's time!!!!

Steph_C said...

I think it looks fabulous! Great take on the sketch. So glad you joined us for this weeks Christmas card challenge!
Steph

Holly said...

I'll trade you damp and chilly for muggy and 90 degrees! I don't think it's ever too early to start on Christmas cards, and this one is adorable. Love the bright red button for an accent!

Holly said...

How CUTE! I love the quilt-y background and your faux stitching and that adorable bunny in the wreath!

Marlene said...

So, so sweet, Maria! (And the weather here in PA almost puts me in the mood for making Christmas cards, too!)

Thebug415 said...

Very cute. I really like that PP too.

Danni said...

simply adorable!! the paper you used is so fun!

Sparkle said...

This is just darling!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Way to go with a Christmas card! I can't even get started on Father's Day, let alone think about Christmas!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great Christmas card- great job coloring the image. I love the faux stitching you did. TFS

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Awwwww.......what a sweet little card! I love the colors and that bunny image is adorable!!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh CUTE - love the papers you used and the stitching on your card! TFS!

joy said...

Great start on your Christmas cards,this is a sweet image!

Gina said...

I love the quilt look of this, great job. I started out the year making lots of Christmas cards, saying I was going to work on them through the year, but then I forgot about them.

Joan Ervin said...

What an adorable Christmas card, Maria...I love the quilted background and the sweet little image is just precious!!!!

jdmommy said...

How cute this is ! I love all your holes as piercings. Great job!

Darsie Bruno said...

such a cute Christmas card! I love your color combination!

Ceal said...

cute Christmas card! I really need to get started on mine

Maria Elena said...

Wow... So pretty !!! Love those colors !