*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




June 1, 2010

Digital Tuesday Challenge #61-Trendy



Happy Tuesday! Hope your weekend was a great one!!

Today is a new Digital Tuesday Challenge and our lovely Shelly has set a wonderful theme, so let's print some digis and have a play, shall we?!



The theme for this week is:
"Let's Get Trendy"
The challenge is simple - pick a trend (Retro, the 80's, a fashion trend, famous color combo, etc.) and create a project around that trend. For this challenge you are the master of your design and can go with what inspires you.
Our fabulous sponsor this week:

What's up for grabs this week? How about a chance to win 4 digital images from In Style Stamps.




Stamps: InStyle Stamps (Gidget)
sentiment-CG
Paper: SU! cs, Memory Keepers/glitter DP,
MS DP for paper piecing
Ink: Copic Markers
Other: offray ribbon, button-stash, SU! oval punches.



Isn't this a 'happy' card? InStyle Stamps so generously allowed us all to play with their images! I thought this fun image would surely bring a smile to someone not feeling very 'smiley'!!!

Checkout my DT sisters for some great inspiration...

Amy
Anne-Marije
Anneke
Ellie
Kristine
Lora
Lorraine
Michelle
Sandy
Shelly



Here are the challenges...

*Digital Tuesday Challenge~ digi & trendy theme
Terrifically Thrilling Thur chall~sketch & paper piecing
Off the Wall Craftiness chall~tropical colors
Stamp Something~recipe
Wee Memories~paper piecing
The Pink Elephant~bright fun colors
Paper Playtime~groovy! ......BRAND NEW challenge blog, no vender restrictions!

***on the homefront*****

We had a beautiful weekend! My hubby had a chance to work on his new shop, located on our property. The walls are up and now it's time to order the roof trusses & metal roofing! We are so excited that he will have more space to spread out!!! (We have our own custom woodworking business!) The kids have visions of dividing up his former work space for themselves...too fun! We'll see where that goes, though I'm in full agreement with my oldest son's idea of a sound proof room...he just bought a monster bass amp! eek!!!! lol

Praying peace & joy over you!
Blessings!!



23 comments:

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Maria,i love your image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Anneke said...

Hi Maria,
Youre card is so fun :)
Hugs anneke

Anne-Marije said...

Wow your card is amazing! I love the bright colours you've used...
xxx Anne-Marije

coldwaters2 said...

Oh yeah Maria this works for me the colours that paper and fun image I love it. I used to be able to do the hula hoop thing when I was young doubt if I could get one to fit around me these days lol.
Hugs
Lorraine

Holly said...

What a great card Maria! I love the dp you used - it really gives that 70's feel! Cute image, and I really like your little ribbon strips with the button!

Janis said...

Your card is so GROOVY! Love it! Thanks so much for playing at Paper Playtime. The new shop sounds fun and exciting. The kids daydreaming of the empty space is too funny. Good luck with making everyone happy on that one. :)

Kristine Reynolds said...

Totally groovy! I can't believe you fit in all those challenges! Good for you!

Deb Neerman said...

What a fabulous card, Maria!!! LOVE, love, love this fun, retro image!

Annika said...

Oh this card is just so uplifting and fun, gorgeous colours and BANG on trend!
Feeling for you regarding the monster bass amp ... would drive me bonkers. You'd think my 4-year old wouldn't be much of a threat but then my hubby had to go and get him a drum set... aaarrrggghh
Hugs
Annika

Toucan Scraps said...

oh wowo! what fun.

thank you for visitng my blog recently

Sharon said...

This is just so 'groovy'! I love it!! :)

Crystal said...

Oh my word Maria this card is tooo much fun, AWWW love this great image and these fun colors!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Wooowhoooo, I wish I could still do that. Wouldn't be very pretty if I tried though, teehee. Cute card. Have a wonderful week!

Kim Wilson said...

Super cute! Thanks for playing! Please post the inspiration photo next time though :) Good luck!

Erin... said...

So fun!!! Love her polka dot dress,too cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamp Something! Pop on over to view the details of our DT call!

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

LOVE it Maria!! Thanks so much for playing along with TTT at SHELLY'S IMAGES:)

Lisa said...

Super cute card!!! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week!

Scrappy said...

Lovely card and congratulations! Thanks so much for joining us for TT at Shelly's Images!:)

Shelly's Images said...

Love your card Maria!

Thanks for joining our challenge and congratulations on your win! I can't wait to hear which image you would like to receive. Just go to www.shellysimages.com and pick out your favorite. Email me and I will email the image right out to you.

KraftyKoolKat said...

She is amazing Maria. Cathy xxx

Christine Riley said...

Wow, Maria, this is SO cute Love that image and I love how you paper pieced her dress. Love that fun paper too and the sentiment is just perfect!
Hugs, Christine

Elena said...

Wonderful card, Maria! I really like the pattern of the DP you chose!
Glad to hear that you will have more space soon! Hope this project is coming along well!
Thank you so much for visiting me!

Carol<>< said...

great card!!
Carol<><