*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




June 14, 2010

Paper Playtime-Blue, Red, White

Happy, happy Monday everyone! Hope you had a great weekend and are ready to play with your paper....


Paper Playtime is a brand new challenge blog, we're only on our third challenge, which is a color challenge...Red, Blue, White!

Great colors, right? Interpret this anyway at all, just come play with us!!!


My first interpretation was patriotic....it is Flag Day after all....

Stamps: Squigglefly.com (ShyBear-God bless our Troops) FREEbie!
Paper: SU! cs
Ink: SU! marker, Copics, Prisma pencils
Other: navy ribbon scrap, twine,
white gel pen, cardboard,
wooden star w/star rub-ons


My second interpretation was sweet...lt blue, olive & red...

Stamps: SU! (tart & tangy)
sentiment SU! (so very)
Paper: SU! cs, SU! DP
Ink: SU! classic
Other: MS punch, gingham ribbon/Offray,
Nesties

It's been a long time since I went almost all Stampin' Up! what fun, it's what started this lovely hobby of mine! lol

So, won't you come play with us??? Paper Playtime Challenge

Here are some challenges...

*Paper Playtime~red/white/blue, use one or all!
Daring Cardmakers~the world is your oyster
The Town Scrapper~masculine
Dare U2 Digi~colors & a digi
Makeesha Byl~colors...my sidewalk is gray, does that count? :)
Whoopsi Daisy Monthly~ribbon & bows
Daisy Doodles~manly
The Crazy Challenge~star
StempelTraume~no DP


****on the homefront*******
The weekend was way too busy for me, I'm ready to hibernate again for awhile and refresh! lol The weather was beautiful for picnics & grad parties but Wowza, do I melt in the heat!!! Air conditioning is obviously my natural habitat! Fun times were had by all and my daughter had a chance to kayak for the first time! She was wonderful, of course! :)
Our homeschool evaluations are today, so I'll be running around like a headless chicken making sure everything is perfect! Prayers are welcome! Thank you!!
***************

Praying much JOY over you today!!!
blessings!

25 comments:

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards Maris,i love your images and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Crystal said...

WOW Maria FANTASTIC cards sweetie, I just love that bear on the first one...and LOVE the colors ont he second....Great work!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Going to have to give this challenge a try. Super cards, Maria!

treesawardincrafts said...

I keep meaning to use that stamp. Isn't it just right for the challenge theme? I love how you have put the card together someone will be so pleased to get that this year.

Marlene said...

Fantastic cards, Maria!

Wow - wish I had known about this challenge earlier. Today's card is all about red, white and blue!

Holly said...

Wonderful cards Maria. I really like how you colored the bit of light blue on the sides of the window panes in your first card. Your little cherry card is quite cheery! LOL!
Best of luck on your homeschool evaluations.

Deb Neerman said...

Love this fabulous card, Maria! That image is tooooo cute!!

Alex said...

Beautiful Maris, I love how you did 2 totally different designs :)

I have a Sunshine Blog award for you ! You can pick it up on my blog and paste it to your blog and the pass it along to 10 blogs you love :)

Christine Riley said...

These are both wonderful, Maria, your coloring on the cute shy bears is adorable and I love the elegance of the second card. Good luck with the home school evals!
Hugs, Christine

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Hi maria! :P LOVE the bears! how cute is that?! and the cherry card is awesome! my mother LOVES cherries..hmmm...go figure....could it be because my maiden name is cherry? LOL do you know what it was like growing up with red hair and the last name CHERRY??! aaaaaaaaaack...

Heather the MooseLover said...

Hope your homeschool evals went well.

I don't know how you can find the time to create so many pretty cards. That new challenge blog sounds fun!

critterbugg365 said...

Great job Maria! I love how you did 2 completely different cards and they are both so cute. I just posted mine too.

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, adorable cards Maria.
luv
Debby

Elena said...

Gorgeous cards, Maria! Love the texture you added to the first card! Second card is really so sweet!
Hope your homeschool evals will go well!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Gorgeous cards Maria!! The first is so cute!! The second is so pretty. Love the dp and design. Pray all goes well with your evaluations. We finished homeschooling and I finished all my reports last weekend. Phew! A break! We leave for vacation tomorrow. Thinking of you.
hugs,
Chris

Kayla said...

great cards!!!... they r wondrful!!!

Chris said...

Hi Maria! Very sweet cards and such great images. Love your colouring and gorgeous design too. Thanks for joining us at DU2DS. Chris :)

shellshearer said...

Fab cards hun, love the first one that image is just gorgeous
Thanks for joining us at 'The Crazy' this week! good luck
hugs shell xx

Joanne Gilch said...

Awesome teddy/USA card. It's a great image...yes! Thanks for joining Daisy Doodles challenge.

Tammy said...

Wonderful cards! I just love that sweet bear image on the first one! Beautiful colors on the second!

Cori88 said...

wonderful.

thanks for joining us this week at stempelträume.

hugs cori

Andrea said...

Hey girl!! Love your blog!

Peggy said...

Very creative with the background of the 1st card. I love the red and white of the 2nd. Thanks for playing with us at Stamp Dreams.

Rhonda said...

Great job! Thanks so much for playing with us at Daisy Doodles Creative Challenges.

Micki said...

Wow, these cards are adorable. I think the first one is my fav... absolutely love it!

hugs